What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
That bill should be shot to shit in the legislature.

Otherwise, it’s a slam dunk in any actual American court of law given our Constitution.

Are you honestly ok with a state law that targets only political blogger and nobody else?
Are you???? what's good for the goose is just fine for the gander....
if you don't like censorship you should have said something 5 years ago.... now we get to play the game....

Are you???? what's good for the goose is just fine for the gander....
if you don't like censorship you should have said something 5 years ago.... now we get to play the game....

Thank you for once again proving my claim there is no difference between the right and the left.

You are far too easy

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.

Oh, someone forgot to tell them about the FIRST AMENDMENT.

I'm sure they've heard of the Second Amendment though.

Ha, don't worry dummy.

DeSantis's "Make America Florida" slogan is going to get mocked mercilessly, by anyone with an iq over 50.
Why do you care so much about our Governor loser, I cant name one Governor in the entire history of Indiana. Nobody will ever care about anything from Indiana other than Memorial Day weekend.

Forum List

Back