What's on your bucket list?

I'd like to spend some time in Alaska trekking through Denali Nat'l Park, driving a dog sled, and seeing the Aurora.

I'd also like to go to Africa and see the migrations

(I got kicked out of the Vatican),

Why? That's got to be an interesting story.
August 1997 I was given the assignment of overseeing the removal of asbestos containing ceiling material in one of the buildings at the U.S. Naval Air Station Capodemonte in Naples, Italy. The project lasted seven months.

I was always eager to learn as much as I could about the people and cultures wherever around the world my employer sent me. So, early on during the weekend, I decided to visit the Eternal City of Rome.

That, of course, meant visiting Vatican City to see the wonders there. I strolled around St. Peter's Square, marveled at the newly restore ceiling of the Sistine Chappel, fed the pigeons flocking around the renaissance colonnade.

And St. Peter's basilica was next. I climbed the staircase and the 3 massive doors to the world's largest church. Just as I started inside, one of the Swiss Guards in their colorful uniforms blocked my way with his poke. Yeah, he had a pike!

"No!" He said sternly.

"Why?" I asked.

"American?" He asked.

"Si! American!" I answered.

"No shorts!" came his reply.

Now, at that time, I weighed over 240 pounds while standing 5'8". A rather rosy poly figure of a man.

Just then, a short (5' 4 1/2") Scandinavian man in his 20s walked into St. Peter's wearing tie dye spandex pants and a tank top made of black net material.

"Look, sir" I said to the Swiss guard, "If I wore pants like his, could I be allowed inside?"

"Si! No problem." the guard said.

I thought to myself that the last thing anyone wanted to see was my pudgy butt in spandex waddling around inside the basilica.

So, I walked about ten blocks away until I found a souvenir shop. I bought a pair of garish red sweatpants and returned to the Vatican.

I pulled the sweatpants on over my shorts and was then permitted inside.

When you go through the door of St. Peter's you encounter beautiful hand carved wooden screens. I decided to go to the right of the barrier and was innediately in front of Michelangel's Pieta.

I gasped in awe. Turning to see deeper into the massive, awesome building, I thought to myself I probably couldn't reach the distance from the front door to the high alter with a 7 iron, if distance was calculated by golf shot.

My day at the Vatican was, to use a too often overused word, awesome.

(I got kicked out of the Vatican),

Why? That's got to be an interesting story.
August 1997 I was given the assignment of overseeing the removal of asbestos containing ceiling material in one of the buildings at the U.S. Naval Air Station Capodemonte in Naples, Italy. The project lasted seven months.

I was always eager to learn as much as I could about the people and cultures wherever around the world my employer sent me. So, early on during the weekend, I decided to visit the Eternal City of Rome.

That, of course, meant visiting Vatican City to see the wonders there. I strolled around St. Peter's Square, marveled at the newly restore ceiling of the Sistine Chappel, fed the pigeons flocking around the renaissance colonnade.

And St. Peter's basilica was next. I climbed the staircase and the 3 massive doors to the world's largest church. Just as I started inside, one of the Swiss Guards in their colorful uniforms blocked my way with his poke. Yeah, he had a pike!

"No!" He said sternly.

"Why?" I asked.

"American?" He asked.

"Si! American!" I answered.

"No shorts!" came his reply.

Now, at that time, I weighed over 240 pounds while standing 5'8". A rather rosy poly figure of a man.

Just then, a short (5' 4 1/2") Scandinavian man in his 20s walked into St. Peter's wearing tie dye spandex pants and a tank top made of black net material.

"Look, sir" I said to the Swiss guard, "If I wore pants like his, could I be allowed inside?"

"Si! No problem." the guard said.

I thought to myself that the last thing anyone wanted to see was my pudgy butt in spandex waddling around inside the basilica.

So, I walked about ten blocks away until I found a souvenir shop. I bought a pair of garish red sweatpants and returned to the Vatican.

I pulled the sweatpants on over my shorts and was then permitted inside.

When you go through the door of St. Peter's you encounter beautiful hand carved wooden screens. I decided to go to the right of the barrier and was innediately in front of Michelangel's Pieta.

I gasped in awe. Turning to see deeper into the massive, awesome building, I thought to myself I probably couldn't reach the distance from the front door to the high alter with a 7 iron, if distance was calculated by golf shot.

My day at the Vatican was, to use a too often overused word, awesome.

I have lots on my bucket list. But the two I most wish to visit are the Vatican and New Zealand. I'd never compare those two to other beautiful places in the world. :cheers2:

1. Attending a Baseball Game at PNC Park in Pittsburg, Progressive Field in Cleveland, and Tiger Stadium in Detroit.
2. Eastbound Trans Canadian Railroad, Vancouver to Toronto
3. Attend the Indy 500, the Kentucky Derby and the Winter Olympics

All of these man made events? They sound cool but when I think bucket list...bigger things than ball games come to mind.

I’d like to see the Alaskan glaciers. The volcanoes pouring into the sea in Hawaii. Actually raft the Colorado River at the Grand Canyon. Among others
I've done yours except the Hawaii thing. Thinking bout mine.

1. Ziplining
2. Rope swing into water
3. Take a dance class.
4. Visit the Supreme Court.
5. Learn a new language
6. See a Broadway play.
7. Visit Yellowstone.
8. Visit L'Aquila.
9. Visit Taj Mahal.
10. Visit a Buddhist Temple
11. Take a road trip with Mom.
12. Take a cooking class.
13. Go on an archaeology dig.
Spent my child hood doing 2. in the creek behind where I lived :cool:
It looks fantastic on tv. I have never seen a rope swing near water.

Seriously?

1. Attending a Baseball Game at PNC Park in Pittsburg, Progressive Field in Cleveland, and Tiger Stadium in Detroit.
Done yours except PNC park and Kentucky Derby. I still need Wrigley field and Fenway to make a clean sweep. Who knows maybe we end up drinking a mint julip together..

Skydiving
Driving the Alaskan Highway
Going into space(doubt that will happen)
Seeing all 50 states(halfway there)
Winning the lotto( dream big)
Living long enough to see my Grandkids become adults
Does scratch off count? Working on the 50 state thing I need Hawaii and the New England states. I have a good shot at the grand child thing. My mom and dad did the grandchild thing. This Christmas was first year of four generations present. Space is a tough one.

Bitchsmacking the shit out of Wry Catcher.
Owait, I already did that.
300-yd bullseye with a Model 60.
I'd have to buy glasses for yours not even sure I could see the target that far. Been meaning to go see that optometrist again. She 6 ft blond hair and blue eyes. I am single now kinda got the feeling she liked me as much as I did her last trip. Wonder where those damn glasses went. Wonder if she is still there been four years.

1. Ziplining
2. Rope swing into water
3. Take a dance class.
5. Learn a new language
6. See a Broadway play.
7. Visit Yellowstone.
8. Visit L'Aquila.
9. Visit Taj Mahal.

Seriously?

Seriously.

Seeing sites in the Beautiful USA, and Canada, and of course Beautiful Cabo. What a fun trip Cabo was.

So, living in the Great PNW, I have covered most Great Things in the Western Half.
Like, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Redwood Forest, Monterey, including golf rounds at Pebble Beach, Del Monte, and Poppy Hills.
I rode my bicycle mostly along I-90 from the Coast of Washington to the Mississippi River. Saw Snoqualmie Falls, the Great Farming lands of Eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana to Yellowstone, (Great adventure riding solo thru the Park with no other cars, they let me in 1 hour early), it's huge and glorious. Followed by Wyoming, kinda boring, until the Big Horn Mountains. Ten Sleep was the Base town and I rode 28 miles straight uphill for 6 hours. Then came the Monuments Crazy Horse and Mount Rushmore. Outstanding, then the Badlands, what a site and hotter than hell. Of course Wall Drug, Then finishing the rest of the trip to the MR.

On the list, the Entire Northeast and DC area. Lots of History to see.
Also on the list, the Ohio-Penn Area.
Been to 26 States. Missing the entire NE from Indiana East and South to Kentucky/WV/and Virgina.

Any suggestions on things to see, even the most obvious, please share.
You just into historical stuff? I know Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky pretty well. Its been a while since I did the historical tour. I am into boats and planes now but I can scan the recesses of my brain for the historical stuff. My favorite historical thing to do was around Chillicothe, Ohio the out door amphitheater down there was cool Blue Jacket and Tecumseh dramas. When I did it Chillicothe was a really nice place but has gone down hill now.

1. Ziplining
2. Rope swing into water
3. Take a dance class.
5. Learn a new language
6. See a Broadway play.
7. Visit Yellowstone.
8. Visit L'Aquila.
9. Visit Taj Mahal.

Seriously?

Seriously.

I cant count the number of rope swings I've launched off of!!
Some propelled you 40 ft into the air!!
Good Times!!!!

Done yours except PNC park and Kentucky Derby. I still need Wrigley field and Fenway to make a clean sweep. Who knows maybe we end up drinking a mint julip together..

I've been to both in Chicago, saw the Cubs, and the new stadium for the White Sox. I've been to see: the Red Sox, Phillies, Brewers, Yankees (old and new) and Mets (Old and New), as well as Dodger Stadium, the angels park, both San Diego Stadiums (old and new). As well as Oakland, and all three Stadiums the Giants played in (Seals Stadium, Candlestick and the new one). Oh, and I almost forget a game in Tampa, Fl.

Food wise, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and San Francisco are the best. If you are interested in Minor League Baseball the stadiums in Fresno, CA (A's AAA team) and Sacramento, CA (Giants AAA Team) We usually catch a game in Stockton, but I did see one game in Fresno when the Giants were the home team there.

I've been to both in Chicago, saw the Cubs, and the new stadium for the White Sox. I've been to see: the Red Sox, Phillies, Brewers, Yankees (old and new) and Mets (Old and New), as well as Dodger Stadium, the angels park, both San Diego Stadiums (old and new). As well as Oakland, and all three Stadiums the Giants played in (Seals Stadium, Candlestick and the new one). Oh, and I almost forget a game in Tampa, Fl.

Food wise, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and San Francisco are the best. If you are interested in Minor League Baseball the stadiums in Fresno, CA (A's AAA team) and Sacramento, CA (Giants AAA Team) We usually catch a game in Stockton, but I did see one game in Fresno when the Giants were the home team there.
Doing all the minor leage would be a real accomplishment. That would be alot. Probably won't live long enough for that one. I will finish major leagues before its over though. I was going to move on to football after that.

I want to call dOnald tRump an orange fucktard to his face.

Doing all the minor leage would be a real accomplishment. That would be alot. Probably won't live long enough for that one. I will finish major leagues before its over though. I was going to move on to football after that.

I'm hearing that the minor leagues have been reduced, and many have moved and/or consolidated. The Minors provide entertainment between innings, and the cost for great seating is much lower than the Majors.

Forum List

Back