What's the Big Deal About This?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
_75202019_d02a2d81-106a-4ece-80ca-811e931bdd8b.jpg

The pettiness of Muslims never ceases to astonish me. They threaten to kill someone for drawing a cartoon making fun of Mohammed. They set forth a death order for someone who writes a book less than rosy about the prophet. :eusa_whistle:

And, I openly admit that I have little or no positive feelings about Islam so posting this is clearly another statement by me in that vein. Read more @ BBC News - #BBCtrending: Outcry over shoe on Mecca's Kaaba

I agree, dullknife.

That makes as much sense at Biblical literalist reading that says a loving God sends people to an eternity of hell.

We need spiritual, not religious, people in charge.

The pettiness of Muslims never ceases to astonish me. They threaten to kill someone for drawing a cartoon making fun of Mohammed. They set forth a death order for someone who writes a book less than rosy about the prophet. :eusa_whistle:

And, I openly admit that I have little or no positive feelings about Islam so posting this is clearly another statement by me in that vein. Read more @ BBC News - #BBCtrending: Outcry over shoe on Mecca's Kaaba

Islam is a state building religion. What do you think a state building religion does? It has its own laws like Sharia law. There is no tolerance for those who break their laws. What they are doing is enforcing their own country in yours.

You guys don't see how it might be disrespectful to put your shoes up on the single focus point of the entire religion - the holiest artifact in the world to Muslims?

If the One True Cross was found, would you be ok with someone grinding a cigarette out on it?

You guys don't see how it might be disrespectful to put your shoes up on the single focus point of the entire religion - the holiest artifact in the world to Muslims?

If the One True Cross was found, would you be ok with someone grinding a cigarette out on it?

Someone already put a cross in a jar for of urine and called it art. It upset some people but we turned the other cheek for the most part but the Muslims can't. Which group would show you mercy?

Yes.

I hated the wood it was made of. It is forever cursed.

Probably not, but as Chuck pointed out, we deal with the disrespect shown to Christians, differently. When upside down crosses, crapped on crosses, crosses suspended in urine appear, it is disturbing to us.

On the other hand, that man had better never leave home without His gun. I have a feeling he is going to need it.

Worse. On the One True Cross an innocent Man was tortured, mocked, and killed. It was stained with His blood as a means to atone for your sins and mine. But in Christianity, a thing is just a thing. The cross was used as an instrument but the cross is not worshiped -- Christ is worshiped.

I wonder if you would come to the defense of Christianity if it was shown disrespect. I strongly doubt it.

Interestingly, if Christians put a bounty on the heads of everyone that mocked or ridiculed Christianity a huge portion of the members of this board alone would be on the "most wanted list." Atheists, agnostics, evolutionists, humanists, communists, pagans, and any other group that denied Jesus Christ or mocked him would be "fair game." I guess it's good for them that Christianity is a kinder and more peaceful religion.

IF it was found, that's a pretty big IF. Religion is based on faith, not facts, so, what is this big fuss about? Muslims want to dominate in the name of something they can't prove. And they get upset and actually murder people for something that can't be proven. That is not only irrational, it's a sign of insanity.

Someone already put a cross in a jar for of urine and called it art. It upset some people but we turned the other cheek for the most part but the Muslims can't. Which group would show you mercy?

Turned the other cheek my butt!
Protests broke out and calls for the disintegration of the NEA resounded around the country and resulted in a massive defunding of the organization.
People flipped out.
Remove the plank before taking aim on the others speck.

Interestingly, if Christians put a bounty on the heads of everyone that mocked or ridiculed Christianity a huge portion of the members of this board alone would be on the "most wanted list." Atheists, agnostics, evolutionists, humanists, communists, pagans, and any other group that denied Jesus Christ or mocked him would be "fair game." I guess it's good for them that Christianity is a kinder and more peaceful religion.

Christianity is a kinder and more peaceful religion? Since when?

Actually, I can answer that: since the secular institutions put a choke collar on religion.

You choose to ignore that Christianity was just as violent and intransigent as islam is now. Islam is only 1300 years old, and behaves precisely like a 1300 year old religion has been known to behave. Christianity and Judaism were violent religious entities when they were 1300 years old too, still too committed to childish superstitions and “us vs. them" mentalities. Islam is at that “us vs. them", just more so than Christianity and Judaism currently. Christianity has mellowed on its, “we’re right, we're going to kill you now", mentality about 300 years ago. Judaism, over 2000 years ago (but Judaism is far older than Christianity or Islam). Islam is just ramping up into that phase. All religions go through this, much to the pain and suffering of those innocents unlucky enough to be around them.

In the West, we are citizens of a free society, entitled to free speech and freedom from religion. The fate of our hard won freedoms won't be allowed to slip away at the hands of minority zealots who would wish to roll back the freedoms that we have sacrificed so much to maintain.

The infection of religiously inspired hate and intolerance has had a long history in Western civilization and it came from the church.

Turned the other cheek my butt!
Protests broke out and calls for the disintegration of the NEA resounded around the country and resulted in a massive defunding of the organization.
People flipped out.
Remove the plank before taking aim on the others speck.

.....not to mention the call for jihad and the bodies left lying in the streets....oh wait, wrong story.......

They didn't mind tearing down other sects' temples, and in fact built this disgusting monument to mass murder and looting on top of another religion's temple mount.

Would you be okay with that?

They didn't mind tearing down other sects' temples, and in fact built this disgusting monument to mass murder and looting on top of another religion's temple mount.

Would you be okay with that?

Constantine did exactly the same thing in Rome to the pagan temples.

Christianity is a kinder and more peaceful religion? Since when?

Actually, I can answer that: since the secular institutions put a choke collar on religion.

You choose to ignore that Christianity was just as violent and intransigent as islam is now. Islam is only 1300 years old, and behaves precisely like a 1300 year old religion has been known to behave. Christianity and Judaism were violent religious entities when they were 1300 years old too, still too committed to childish superstitions and “us vs. them" mentalities. Islam is at that “us vs. them", just more so than Christianity and Judaism currently. Christianity has mellowed on its, “we’re right, we're going to kill you now", mentality about 300 years ago. Judaism, over 2000 years ago (but Judaism is far older than Christianity or Islam). Islam is just ramping up into that phase. All religions go through this, much to the pain and suffering of those innocents unlucky enough to be around them.

In the West, we are citizens of a free society, entitled to free speech and freedom from religion. The fate of our hard won freedoms won't be allowed to slip away at the hands of minority zealots who would wish to roll back the freedoms that we have sacrificed so much to maintain.

The infection of religiously inspired hate and intolerance has had a long history in Western civilization and it came from the church.

The founders were Christian and created a Constitution allowing freedoms previously unheard of in any other nation on earth. Like it or not you have God and our Founding Fathers to thank for your freedom to speak your mind or believe as you wish. I know you hate that but it's true nonetheless.

The first Congress of the USA sponsored the printing of a Bible in the USA and suggested that it be given to the inhabitants of America. The link is in my signature line.

We have Christianity to thank for the Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, World Vision, and many, many others. Here in Denver we have the Denver Rescue Mission that feeds thousands of homeless folks each week. They have temporary housing and will help poverty-stricken people get the medical attention than some need.

I realize that you are filled to the brim with hatred for Christ, the Bible, and Christians but if you could wipe the scales from your eyes for just a moment or two you would see that Bible-believing Christians are a great benefit to their fellow man. Just in my area alone I can think of three hospitals founded by Christian denominations: There's a Lutheran hospital, a Presbyterian hospital, and a Catholic hospital. I've yet to see a "Marxist Hospital" or an "Atheist Hospital." Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back