What's wrong with Christianity

What? I don't understand what you're saying.
would that be that everyone is a hopeless sinner - was the message of the 1st century ...

or the 1st was something else, liberation theology - till the 4th - - who's distorting who.
not everyone agrees with the 4th century - single source - christian bible - - the 1st century religious itinerant believed everyone was a hopeless, born in sin, sinner.

their message and the reason for the crucifixion was their true liberation theology, not servitude rather the original religion of antiquity to triumph over evil being required for admission to the Everlasting - a far shorter religion than the christian 10000 page document littered with forgeries and fallacies.

bringing to justice the crucifiers would include many claiming christianity - is a 1st century religion. norwegen. and their disregard of recorded history of crucifixions to this day.

not everyone agrees with the 4th century - single source - christian bible - - the 1st century religious itinerant believed everyone was a hopeless, born in sin, sinner.

their message and the reason for the crucifixion was their true liberation theology, not servitude rather the original religion of antiquity to triumph over evil being required for admission to the Everlasting - a far shorter religion than the christian 10000 page document littered with forgeries and fallacies.

bringing to justice the crucifiers would include many claiming christianity - is a 1st century religion. norwegen. and their disregard of recorded history of crucifixions to this day.

Sorry, I still don't know what you are talking about.

Then there was the botched "reformation," and the world ended up with all sorts of idiocy, while still hanging on to violence. Now we have prancing, yelling, stomping "pastors," "biblical infallibility," discrimination against all sorts of people, any nonsense the Southern Baptist "theologians" can think up, guns, "endtimes" and "rapture," etc. The "confederates" of the Civil War certainly did not stand up for their enslaved "brothers in Christ." They fought to be able to continue to own and abuse them. Many of them have not stood up for their "sisters in Christ" of any color, either. These Catholics and these Protestants give the impression that Christianity, as a faith supposedly founded on the life and teachings of Jesus, has no substance and is circling the drain. It took quite a lot of time and effort to evolve a Christianity with no Jesus in it.
All because of the error in translating( by the religion that came out of Rome) the bible. There is no capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1. It has caused all the confusion. No trinity exists, All serving it are being mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. It is sad. Satan beat most living now-centuries ago.

One question. I've been asking one question. One that you haven't answered.

And so as I've been saying (apparently you want to hear it again), Christianity's weakness is that the modern church has been teaching a message contrary to the Scriptures.
I agree. Billions claiming to be followers of Jesus being taught by blind guides. They do NOT teach what Jesus actually taught.

The biggest problem with Christianity is Christians.

or those that made up christianity have natural followers - who join in unassailable pursuits beneficial for themselves and exclusionary for who they disregard.

not a religion at all.

All because of the error in translating( by the religion that came out of Rome) the bible. There is no capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1. It has caused all the confusion. No trinity exists, All serving it are being mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. It is sad. Satan beat most living now-centuries ago.
There are also many questions regarding how the bible was put together, who did it, who chose the writings that were included and those that were discarded, who chose among the various ideas that were floating around, what influence did Constantine have over these decisions, what were the political considerations, etc. One of the biggest mistakes was the decision to declare that the bible is inerrant and infallible. This was a real blunder.

One of the biggest mistakes was the decision to declare that the bible is inerrant and infallible. This was a real blunder.
Took until the 1700s for John Wesley (Methodist) to declare the Bible "infallible". In 1978, among Evangelicals, "inerrant" came into play.

no one can alter the prescribed religion of antiquity and its unambiguous conclusion, not in the least the crucifiers. and hopefully for humanities sake it is not they who are granted final judgment.

Revelation says it will all happen within a generation.. ... 40 years.
Sez you

But Bible prophesy is not easy for mere humans to say with such complete certainty

nor would I be so sure of myself as to reject the Schofield edition as you do

Sez you

But Bible prophesy is not easy for mere humans to say with such complete certainty

nor would I be so sure of myself as to reject the Schofield edition as you do

Most prophecy was written after the fact. Look at the dates for the Book of Matthew.

Matthew 24:34 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Scofield's motives were purely political.

norwegen

Mac-7

Who was Revelation written to? It was written to seven historical churches.

At least three audience factors in Revelation emphasize the original audience and their circumstances; these three factors move us toward the Preterist position. First of all, Revelation 1:4 clearly states that John wrote to particular historical individual churches that existed in his day:

John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, Revelation 1:4 NASB

In Revelation 1:11 he names those churches:

saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea." Revelation 1:11 NASB
John was not writing a panoramic perspective—he was writing to historical churches.
Chapters two and three contain letters to each of these churches and deal with their specific circumstances.

Secondly, John wrote to these churches in order to be understood. John fully intended that his work be a revelation (Greek: apakolopsis), which means: "to uncover or disclose." He didn't write to obscure the truth, but to reveal it.

Revelation 1:3 tells us that he expected his audience to hear with understanding so that they might apply the principles. He says to all seven of the churches, "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Finally, in Revelation 1:9, John said:

I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 1:9 NASB
John was a companion with his audience in the Tribulation. John and the seven churches are all in the Tribulation together as he writes.

Revelation's contemporary expectation together with the factors of audience relevance argue strongly for a Preterist view of Revelation.

In Revelation 1:1 John specifically states that the prophecies of Revelation would begin to take place in a very short time:

The Revelation of Jesus the Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, Revelation 1:1 NASB

Scofield correctly predicted the recreation of Israel in their homeland when very few Christians or heathens believed it was possible

After he got out of prison Cyrus Scofield was hired by Samuel Untermyer to promote Christian Zionism.

Do you know who Untermyer was or about his famous speech in Madison Square Garden i 1933?

Forum List

Back