What's wrong with this guy? Biden Officially Attempts to Remove God from Thanksgiving with 2023 Proclamation

The OP has been utterly and completely debunked. The history of Thanksgiving in North America started with James Frobisher and his crew participating in the traditional native harvest festival.

Not only is Thanksgiving not a Christian holiday, it’s origins are heathen.

The Trump Cult based all of their beliefs on things that are not true. When you know nothing, you’ll fall for anything
You're a damn liar. President Lincoln established Thanksgiving as a National holiday.

Lie. Better read a book of American history.

There aren't any. Republicans are rewriting them so that you think white Americans invented Thanksgiving as a religion celebration and slavery is just another form of immigration. Republicans want white people to lay claim to everything that is good and great about the USA and downplaying the contributions of non-whites in the building of your country.

The first American Thanksgiving was a native American celebration which the Pilgrims participated in with their neighbours. Thanksgiving festivals were a well established native tradition throughout Eastern North America in the 16th Century when white people A coming together of all peoples, because they were celebrated in all tribes across a vast swath of what is now Canada and the Northern USA. That's what I learned in school, and that's what the history books say.

So, if I say I am thankful for my family but do not say who I am thankful too, it is meaningless in your view?
Meaningless. Actually verbal pablum. Mouthings with no actual meaning behind the words. Perhaps you are thankful to the government for all that it did to make your family healthy and secure.

You're a damn liar. President Lincoln established Thanksgiving as a National holiday.

Thanksgiving was established as a legal national holiday in the 1800's in Canada as well, but but that simply codified traditions in both countries which were well established in North America when the first Europeans settlers starting arriving here in the late 16th and early 17th centuries.

Why can't you give credit to the natives?

Hilarious

Is the winter solstice celebration which has been culturally appropriated by christiany up for discussion now.

Ah yes. This is my favourite Christmas meme.

1700843565962.png

Thanksgiving was established as a legal national holiday in the 1800's in Canada as well, but but that simply codified traditions in both countries which were well established in North America when the first Europeans settlers starting arriving here in the late 16th and early 17th centuries.

Harvest festivals were likely familiar to Europeans, and were common everywhere.

There aren't any. Republicans are rewriting them so that you think white Americans invented Thanksgiving as a religion celebration and slavery is just another form of immigration. Republicans want white people to lay claim to everything that is good and great about the USA and downplaying the contributions of non-whites in the building of your country.

The first American Thanksgiving was a native American celebration which the Pilgrims participated in with their neighbours. Thanksgiving festivals were a well established native tradition throughout Eastern North America in the 16th Century when white people A coming together of all peoples, because they were celebrated in all tribes across a vast swath of what is now Canada and the Northern USA. That's what I learned in school, and that's what the history books say.
We're talking about the American National Holiday of Thanksgiving, not your indigenous tribal heathen feast. Two different things.

We're talking about the National Holiday, that's why.

Meaningless. Actually verbal pablum. Mouthings with no actual meaning behind the words. Perhaps you are thankful to the government for all that it did to make your family healthy and secure.

The purpose of Thanksgiving is to give thanks for the good things in my life. The best things in my life aren't the gifts God gave, but what I have done with those gifts, and what others have done with theirs.

My family, my friends, my home, my community. All of the things we have built together. My good health has been a history of overcoming my genetics throughout my life. Eating well, exercising, and taking my doctors' advice.

But according to you, none of that matters. Everything I have to be thankful for is solely because of God and nothing else. I don't think so fishbreath.

The purpose of Thanksgiving is to give thanks for the good things in my life. The best things in my life aren't the gifts God gave, but what I have done with those gifts, and what others have done with theirs.

My family, my friends, my home, my community. All of the things we have built together. My good health has been a history of overcoming my genetics throughout my life. Eating well, exercising, and taking my doctors' advice.

But according to you, none of that matters. Everything I have to be thankful for is solely because of God and nothing else. I don't think so fishbreath.
We can thank all gods for the wars now active.

Because those gods need space.

Those who reject God have absolutely nothing to be thankful for, empty lives, lost souls.

Our Founding Fathers established our nation in such manner that the government was prohibited from establishing a state recognized religion. This was the result of the persecution of faiths by King George and the Church of England; and was the reason many immigrated to this country, prior to the Revolution.

Some have tried to claim that our Constitution is a "secular" document. It is not. The U.S. Constitution was written to give the American people the greatest amount of freedom to pursue and exercise their God-given rights; at the same time the American people had to choose to govern themselves, control themselves, sustain themselves according to the Ten Commandments of God. The Founding Fathers cautioned that should the time come, when Americans did not choose to govern themselves, control themselves, sustain themselves, according to the Ten Commandments of God, that America would no longer be a free nation. We are living the reality of the warning of our Founding Fathers.

Nuts. Because religion is exclusionary and divisive, the Founders knew what to do to keep the violence of religion from going Statist. There is no freedom of religion without freedom from religion. If this were not so (the separation of church and state, for example), what one would end up with fascist totalitarianism.

You are barking up the wrong tree, I never said that.

My mistake. I thought, given the topic of the thread is that Biden did not mention God in his address, you were referring to the religion part of the 1st amendment.

We're talking about the American National Holiday of Thanksgiving, not your indigenous tribal heathen feast. Two different things.

They are EXACTLY the same thing and that's what is making you crazy. White men aren't the only people who built your country or created your culture. There were more members of the native tribe at the celebration, than there were Pilgrims.

"In 1621, the Plymouth colonists from England and the Native American Wampanoag people shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.

For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states."

Forum List

Back