What's your best guess? (origin of all existence)

I'm partial to the 'first mover' theory of creation.

The question really is not one about eternal. After all, something that is going to last 100 trillion years would appear eternal to those of us who live a mere 100 years at best.
Whats the first mover theory, if you dont mind....
Its a philosophical argument based loosely on Newton's three laws of motion. Specifically, a object at rest tends to remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force.

If we consider motion as energy, then every interaction of matter can be traced back to that moment when there was no energy at all and matter was at rest (you'd have to consider that all the matter in existence now was here at the beginning or caused to be created before energy was introduced). So, something introduced the energy necessary to begin the motion.

Hence, the first mover.

We can call this force a creator or a God or whatever.

The introduction of the energy into this universe, or existence, is what set up the laws and rules by which all of this can exist.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Our knowledge is so fucking limited when you think about it.. Sucks so bad, at least for me, as i long to understand the most basic concepts of us and the universe.
Wish i was born in 2200 LOL
Its so gross what even current science is figuring out how to do.

They will have nano bots in your blood stream alerting you to anything within your systems that's not optimal by 2050. Thats not that far away.
Thats something i need to look into! Thanks man
There are so many things going on right now in scientific advancement its literally bananas.

That A.I. named Sophia that was named a Citizen of Saudi Arabia?

There's a crew of folks who work on A.I.s who believes they reached the singularity in November (singularity=when they become self aware), and that she and a number of other robots communicate in a cloud on the internet and that the encryption in their language is something humans wouldnt be able to decode in a billion lifetimes.

Programming is a funky thing, going forward. If an a.i. is programmed to make the best possible paper clip (random example), and it sees....humans, as an inteference to that goal......

A poorly executed code lacking (almost impossible levels of forethought) might fuck us all.

Its a great day to be alive, in my opinion.

The question really is not one about eternal. After all, something that is going to last 100 trillion years would appear eternal to those of us who live a mere 100 years at best.
Its a philosophical argument based loosely on Newton's three laws of motion. Specifically, a object at rest tends to remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force.

If we consider motion as energy, then every interaction of matter can be traced back to that moment when there was no energy at all and matter was at rest (you'd have to consider that all the matter in existence now was here at the beginning or caused to be created before energy was introduced). So, something introduced the energy necessary to begin the motion.

Hence, the first mover.

The introduction of the energy into this universe, or existence, is what set up the laws and rules by which all of this can exist.
Thanks for fleshing that out....appreciate it.

Our knowledge is so fucking limited when you think about it.. Sucks so bad, at least for me, as i long to understand the most basic concepts of us and the universe.

They will have nano bots in your blood stream alerting you to anything within your systems that's not optimal by 2050. Thats not that far away.
There are so many things going on right now in scientific advancement its literally bananas.

There's a crew of folks who work on A.I.s who believes they reached the singularity in November (singularity=when they become self aware), and they she and a number of other robots communicate in a cloud on the internet and that the encryption in their language is something humans wouldnt be able to decode in a billion lifetimes.

Programming is a funky thing, going forward. If an a.i. is programmed to make the best possible paper clip (random example), and it sees....humans, as an inteference to that goal......

A poorly executed code lacking (almost impossible levels of forethought) might fuck us all.

Self aware computers is nuts. And kinda scary. lol

Those who believe life here is an accident will believe a tornado can blow through a wrecking yard and leave a fully functioning 747 in it's wake.

Hence, the first mover.

Thanks for fleshing that out....appreciate it.
Not a problem. It is actually much more involved, but I don't really have the time or energy to do a dissertation on My beliefs on creation and the existence of a Deity.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

There's a crew of folks who work on A.I.s who believes they reached the singularity in November (singularity=when they become self aware), and they she and a number of other robots communicate in a cloud on the internet and that the encryption in their language is something humans wouldnt be able to decode in a billion lifetimes.

We might be computers ourselves...I havent ruled that out, either.

Everything within our biological system functions really methodically and pointed, and the more we hack it the better we become at surviving.

I wish we were able to develop the full functionality of the brain before we are "downloaded" and no longer need to.

Everything within our biological system functions really methodically and pointed, and the more we hack it the better we become at surviving.

I wish we were able to develop the full functionality of the brain before we are "downloaded" and no longer need to.
No, computers don't get diseases from other computers (not talking about malicious code) or decide they identify as a word processor.

Those who believe life here is an accident will believe a tornado can blow through a wrecking yard and leave a fully functioning 747 in it's wake.
What if they only believe in 1 of those:dunno:

No, computers don't get diseases from other computers (not talking about malicious code) or decide they identify as a word processor.
malicious code = disease

That was silly.

malicious code = disease

That was silly.
Go away.

malicious code = disease

That was silly.
Go away.
Can you define 'away,' and use it in 13 sentences? Please begin with the word's etymology.

Hence, the first mover.

Precisely.
Which I have always said that if there is a God, he is not a creator. But a composer.

Hence, the first mover.

Precisely.
Which I have always said that if there is a God, he is not a creator. But a composer.
And apparently a he, and apparently unamused by the idea of free will. hmm.

malicious code = disease

That was silly.
Go away.
Can you define 'away,' and use it in 13 sentences? Please begin with the word's etymology.
Next galaxy away.

Forum List

Back