Zone1 When and Why Did Lucifer Change His Name To Satan?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Is it like the opposite of Saul becoming good by changing his name to Paul? Also did he do this right after the fall from Heaven? Can anybody help me find scripture for this?

’Lucifer’ is the Latin interpretation of the ‘King of Babylon.’

Christianity took it up as ha-Satan. There is no Lucifer in Torah.

So then I guess naming a child Lucifer isn't the same as naming them Satan because at first Lucifer was an angel, although it would still probably have a negative association just the same. I guess that's why it's reserved for cats.

Is it like the opposite of Saul becoming good by changing his name to Paul? Also did he do this right after the fall from Heaven? Can anybody help me find scripture for this?
Try this:

Try this:

Thanks, so Lucifer actually meaning "morning star" should I feel ashamed that although I don't believe I would name my child it, I sort of like it as a name considering the fact that it was actually originally a good name for a good guy? 😖

Satan is simply the adversary to truth, placed there in order to give us a choice and as an entity only appears twice in Torah as a figure of G-ds creation.

And hundreds of times in the New Testament. Which is > three times the size of the N.T. Some even say Lucifer is Jesus. Jesus attributed himself as the bright morning star.

Revelation 22:16
Verse Concepts
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

Source: 6 Bible verses about The Morning Star
say that lucifer is the name of Jesus since he called himself the morning star.

Last edited:
There is very little about Satan, Devil, and Lucifer in the Bible. I have read the Bible three times. Either there is no story of the fallen Angel in the Bible or it was such an unremarkable story that I seemed to skim past it. The most memorable references to Satan is in the book of Job and the book of Matthew.

Satan and God seemed to be old friends that haven’t seen each other in a while and made a friendly wager over Job’s loyalty. In the book of Matthew Satan makes a deal with Jesus to give him rule over all the governments of the earth in exchange for a little good ole fashioned groveling.

If there are other stories about him I need to be reminded.

This should cause some thoughts

satan attended public school gender class and the next thing you knew he/she/it had a gender identify crisis and started the hormone therapy and name change crap

Happens every time.

Try this:
Ezekiel 28 laments the fall of the Prince of Tyre.

Isaiah 14 taunts the king of Babylon.

Neither refers to some underworld overlord that Christians call Satan.

Satan is simply the adversary to truth, placed there in order to give us a choice and as an entity only appears twice in Torah as a figure of G-ds creation.

And hundreds of times in the New Testament. Which is > three times the size of the N.T. Some even say Lucifer is Jesus. Jesus attributed himself as the bright morning star.

Revelation 22:16
Verse Concepts
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

Source: 6 Bible verses about The Morning Star
say that lucifer is the name of Jesus since he called himself the morning star.

Whereas others used the term Day Star or Bright Morning Star to taunt or mock tyrannical rulers, the Revelator used it in reference to the real Bright Morning Star.

Last edited:
This should cause some thoughts

Sort off topic but I wonder if the word Helel evolved into the word halo at some point since it sounds awfully similar, but Lucifer as a name and keeping the original origin sounds really pretty so it's too bad it's mostly associated with the devil now. This little baby Lucifer is so cute. 🥰

Sort off topic but I wonder if the word Helel evolved into the word halo at some point since it sounds awfully similar, but Lucifer as a name and keeping the original origin sounds really pretty so it's too bad it's mostly associated with the devil now. This little baby Lucifer is so cute. 🥰

Fight over. Tell "them" you're buddhist and name the kid Fhuh KHew. Hi lil boy, what B yo name:
FHUH KHEW
Tell them the Bhutso, LykkMiy recommended it

Is "Lucifer" and "Satan.....the evil one" one and the same? In short simple terms..........not exactly. Lucifer began first to be compared to Satan because of 2 things. (1.).......people falsely assume the passage in Isaiah 14:12 which mentions Lucifer is speaking about Satan when in reality the term is translated from the meaning "Helel son of Shachar"........which is then tranlated into modern langauges to mean "The Morning Star" or "The shinning one".

When the text and content of these passages in Isaiah speak of Lucifer......its the "remnant" of Biblical Israel that is taunting or teasing ....... not Satan, but all powerful and evil leaders of its day. (Isaiah 14:3-21). Its no single or individual king/leader...etc., that is being addressed but a composite of all the evil and proud leaders of that age such as the King of Babylon that rule on earth on this physical plane of reality/existence.

Read these vss. in Isaiah 14 in context. Such Kings like the King of Babylon shine brightly in the beginning of their reign on earth much like the "morning star" is the bightest light in the morning sky...........but eventually they fall from their lofty bright high throne of arrogrance (13,14), they (Kings) fall like all things physcial in decay to a "bed of maggots" and a "cover of worms" in total disgrace. (11,15, 19-20) Its human rulers that are being addressed because the passage stated very clearly its addressing a "man" (vs.16) which possesses a "Corporeal" body. (vss. 19-20) (physcial form and substance)

(2.) How did Satan come to be AKA Lucifier? That is due to human error. Our modern culture et.al., has adopted Lucifer as Satan because of the author "John Milton's" epic poem "Paradise Lost" published in the 1600s were Milton uses the term (Lucifer) to indicate that the Devil is being addressed.

Is "Lucifer" and "Satan.....the evil one" one and the same? In short simple terms..........not exactly. Lucifer began first to be compared to Satan because of 2 things. (1.).......people falsely assume the passage in Isaiah 14:12 which mentions Lucifer is speaking about Satan when in reality the term is translated from the meaning "Helel son of Shachar"........which is then tranlated into modern langauges to mean "The Morning Star" or "The shinning one".

When the text and content of these passages in Isaiah speak of Lucifer......its the "remnant" of Biblical Israel that is taunting or teasing ....... not Satan, but all powerful and evil leaders of its day. (Isaiah 14:3-21). Its no single or individual king/leader...etc., that is being addressed but a composite of all the evil and proud leaders of that age such as the King of Babylon that rule on earth on this physical plane of reality/existence.

Read these vss. in Isaiah 14 in context. Such Kings like the King of Babylon shine brightly in the beginning of their reign on earth much like the "morning star" is the bightest light in the morning sky...........but eventually they fall from their lofty bright high throne of arrogrance (13,14), they (Kings) fall like all things physcial in decay to a "bed of maggots" and a "cover of worms" in total disgrace. (11,15, 19-20) Its human rulers that are being addressed because the passage stated very clearly its addressing a "man" (vs.16) which possesses a "Corporeal" body. (vss. 19-20) (physcial form and substance)

(2.) How did Satan come to be AKA Lucifier? That is due to human error. Our modern culture et.al., has adopted Lucifer as being Satan because of the author "John Milton's" epic poem "Paradise Lost" published in the 1600s were Milton uses the term (Lucifer) to indicate that the Devil is being addressed.

So in other words I don't have to feel guilty about liking the name Lucifer? 😂

So in other words I don't have to feel guilty about liking the name Lucifer? 😂
Nope.........you've been enlightened. This often happens when the Word of God is read and comprehended by subject matter, text and content while retaining its contextual integrity.

I was much like you and assumed the 2 were the same until I studied the subject.

That's good because the fact that Lucifer means morning star is so pretty. :)

Lucifer was never his name. Lucifer is whatGreek scolars used for him. It loosely translates to lighted one or bringer of light. Its their translation of his title, the Morning Star.

Forum List

Back