When did Junk Plans become Junk Plans

Of course, financially challenged people who didn't have insurance before will still have medical bankruptcies.

Deductibles which are half of their income? Yeah, that's not a nightmare waiting to happen.

As someone else pointed out, 75% of those who file medical bankruptcy DID have insurance when the medical crisis arose.

They just didn't have adequate insurance. And these are the plans that ObamaCare has put an end to.

You're such an ill informed boob, Joe. Obamacare makes it worse. The high deductibles and co pays of Bronze plans, the only ones most people can afford, guarantee there will be MORE medical bankruptcies, not fewer.
If ignorance were gold you'd be a gazillionaire.

Of course, financially challenged people who didn't have insurance before will still have medical bankruptcies.

Deductibles which are half of their income? Yeah, that's not a nightmare waiting to happen.

As someone else pointed out, 75% of those who file medical bankruptcy DID have insurance when the medical crisis arose.

They just didn't have adequate insurance. And these are the plans that ObamaCare has put an end to.

You're such an ill informed boob, Joe. Obamacare makes it worse. The high deductibles and co pays of Bronze plans, the only ones most people can afford, guarantee there will be MORE medical bankruptcies, not fewer.

Deductables aren't the problem, guy.

Lifetime caps and pre-existing exemptions were.

Deductables aren't the problem, guy.

Lifetime caps and pre-existing exemptions were.
Uh no. Thanks for demonstrating you're unblinking committment to stupidity and ignorance.

I know what bankruptcy is, but I never heard of "medical bankruptcy".

If their deductible is half their income, they will either qualify for additional subsidies to help pay their deductible or Medicaid which generally has no deductible.

Link to subsidies to defray deductible?
But the Affordable Care Act also established another type of financial assistance for people who buy plans on the marketplaces, also known as exchanges. Cost-sharing subsidies can substantially reduce the deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and total out-of-pocket spending limits for people with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($58,875 for a family of four in 2013). Those reductions could be an important consideration for lower-income consumers when choosing their coverage.

In Addition To Premium Credits, Health Law Offers Some Consumers Help Paying Deductibles And Co-Pays - Kaiser Health News

Yes, but those subsidies only kick in if you already qualify for premium subsidies, which only occurs if your premiums exceed 20% of your income and you don't make more than the cutoff.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

Don't get out much? Never heard of someone having to file for bankruptcy because they owed more than they could ever pay for a medical procedure or hospital stay? Never heard those bankruptcies attributed to excessive medical costs called medical bankruptcies?

Interesting. Well you have now.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

Don't get out much? Never heard of someone having to file for bankruptcy because they owed more than they could ever pay for a medical procedure or hospital stay? Never heard those bankruptcies attributed to excessive medical costs called medical bankruptcies?

Funny how every single "medical bankruptcy" lists credit cards as a debt, but that has nothing to do with why they can't pay their bills.

Link to subsidies to defray deductible?
But the Affordable Care Act also established another type of financial assistance for people who buy plans on the marketplaces, also known as exchanges. Cost-sharing subsidies can substantially reduce the deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and total out-of-pocket spending limits for people with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($58,875 for a family of four in 2013). Those reductions could be an important consideration for lower-income consumers when choosing their coverage.

In Addition To Premium Credits, Health Law Offers Some Consumers Help Paying Deductibles And Co-Pays - Kaiser Health News

Yes, but those subsidies only kick in if you already qualify for premium subsidies, which only occurs if your premiums exceed 20% of your income and you don't make more than the cutoff.

In my example, the subsidies would almost certainly kick in. Flopper is responding to where I said deductibles were half of a family's income.

But they also would only kick in if the family chose the silver plan instead of saying, "we can't afford to pay more than bronze premiums and just hope we don't get sick".

In my example, the subsidies would almost certainly kick in. Flopper is responding to where I said deductibles were half of a family's income.

But they also would only kick in if the family chose the silver plan instead of saying, "we can't afford to pay more than bronze premiums and just hope we don't get sick".

There is something else that you have to consider. If they get subsidies, and then get a raise, or a new job, that pays more, they have to pay them back if their income exceeds the level that qualifies them for subsidies. That is going to cause some real outrage when it hits people.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

Average in bankruptcy is less than the cost of mid-sized sedan.

Seems like we let them pull the plug a bit early.

Did we ever get any clips of someone talking about junk insurance prior to exposing the BIG LIE ?

I can't keep with all the side conversations.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

Funny how every single "medical bankruptcy" lists credit cards as a debt, but that has nothing to do with why they can't pay their bills.

Why, I bet you have a bunch or credible sources that show that people filing medical bankruptcies are actually filing on credit card debt.

How they convinced the court I don't know. Unless they filed on ALL their debt. Thanks to the advice of counsel. Now why in the fucking world would they pay attention to that lawyer guy that they are paying a few thousand dollars to file BK? Who said "include your charge card debt."

You wouldn't would you dude. You'd show em. Medical bills ONLY for you. Screw the fact you used cash advances so you could pay some medical costs before you filed BK. That has nothing to do with medical bankruptcy. You know, trying to live when you're so sick you can't work and shit. No, shit like that don't happen in your Republican America now does it.

Why, I bet you have a bunch or credible sources that show that people filing medical bankruptcies are actually filing on credit card debt.

How they convinced the court I don't know. Unless they filed on ALL their debt. Thanks to the advice of counsel. Now why in the fucking world would they pay attention to that lawyer guy that they are paying a few thousand dollars to file BK? Who said "include your charge card debt."

You wouldn't would you dude. You'd show em. Medical bills ONLY for you. Screw the fact you used cash advances so you could pay some medical costs before you filed BK. That has nothing to do with medical bankruptcy. You know, trying to live when you're so sick you can't work and shit. No, shit like that don't happen in your Republican America now does it.

Uh, Zeke dude. There's no such thing as a "medical bankruptcy." BK is either Chapter 13 or Chapter 7.

Uh, Zeke dude. There's no such thing as a "medical bankruptcy." BK is either Chapter 13 or Chapter 7.

Uh rabbit dude duh when you start the process of filing your BK, you declare the reason. Medical costs beyond the ability to be paid back is considered fair filing by the court ie medical bankruptcy.

You would argue over the color blue in the sky wouldn't you?

What you mentioned are the two vehicles provided by the court for people about to financially fail. Has nothing to do with the reason they are financially failing. Could be divorce, medical, business failure. etc.

But filing for medical costs are the big one driving bankruptcies. Medical bankruptcy.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

That's any bankruptcy where the litigant owes any money to a doctor or hospital, even if it's a minute fraction of his total debt.

That's how the Obama fluffers define it, at any rate.

Uh rabbit dude duh when you start the process of filing your BK, you declare the reason. Medical costs beyond the ability to be paid back is considered fair filing by the court ie medical bankruptcy.

You would argue over the color blue in the sky wouldn't you?

What you mentioned are the two vehicles provided by the court for people about to financially fail. Has nothing to do with the reason they are financially failing. Could be divorce, medical, business failure. etc.

But filing for medical costs are the big one driving bankruptcies. Medical bankruptcy.
Uh, Zeke baby. You're talking out of your ass again.
Here is the form for a voluntary bankruptcy petition. There is no space to declare the reason. The reason is you can't pay your bills. That's all of them.
http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/RulesAndPolicies/rules/BK_Forms_Current/B_001.pdf

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

That's any bankruptcy where the litigant owes any money to a doctor or hospital, even if it's a minute fraction of his total debt.

That's how the Obama fluffers define it, at any rate.

That's right next to "Assault Weapon" in the liberal dictionary of why things should be but aren't really.

Forum List

Back