When did Junk Plans become Junk Plans

Why, I bet you have a bunch or credible sources that show that people filing medical bankruptcies are actually filing on credit card debt.

How they convinced the court I don't know. Unless they filed on ALL their debt. Thanks to the advice of counsel. Now why in the fucking world would they pay attention to that lawyer guy that they are paying a few thousand dollars to file BK? Who said "include your charge card debt."

You wouldn't would you dude. You'd show em. Medical bills ONLY for you. Screw the fact you used cash advances so you could pay some medical costs before you filed BK. That has nothing to do with medical bankruptcy. You know, trying to live when you're so sick you can't work and shit. No, shit like that don't happen in your Republican America now does it.

Uh, Zeke dude. There's no such thing as a "medical bankruptcy." BK is either Chapter 13 or Chapter 7.

Uh rabbit dude duh when you start the process of filing your BK, you declare the reason. Medical costs beyond the ability to be paid back is considered fair filing by the court ie medical bankruptcy.

You would argue over the color blue in the sky wouldn't you?

What you mentioned are the two vehicles provided by the court for people about to financially fail. Has nothing to do with the reason they are financially failing. Could be divorce, medical, business failure. etc.

But filing for medical costs are the big one driving bankruptcies. Medical bankruptcy.

Not saying that medical bankruptcies don't happen but when surveyed, it's natural that many who have declared bankruptcy would say it was due to their medical bills and gloss over how much they overextended themselves before they got sick. Saying it was a medical bankruptcy sounds better than saying it was a big-screen-TV and eating-out-a-lot bankruptcy.

Don't get out much? Never heard of someone having to file for bankruptcy because they owed more than they could ever pay for a medical procedure or hospital stay? Never heard those bankruptcies attributed to excessive medical costs called medical bankruptcies?

Interesting. Well you have now.

Funny how every single "medical bankruptcy" lists credit cards as a debt, but that has nothing to do with why they can't pay their bills.

Why, I bet you have a bunch or credible sources that show that people filing medical bankruptcies are actually filing on credit card debt.

How they convinced the court I don't know. Unless they filed on ALL their debt. Thanks to the advice of counsel. Now why in the fucking world would they pay attention to that lawyer guy that they are paying a few thousand dollars to file BK? Who said "include your charge card debt."

You wouldn't would you dude. You'd show em. Medical bills ONLY for you. Screw the fact you used cash advances so you could pay some medical costs before you filed BK. That has nothing to do with medical bankruptcy. You know, trying to live when you're so sick you can't work and shit. No, shit like that don't happen in your Republican America now does it.

DAYAM!

I love it when some idiot springs an obvious trap.

FYI, I typed "medical bankruptcies" for a reason, there is no such thing as a "medical bankruptcy." I know all the Disciples of Fauxcohantes love the fake study that shows that medical costs are the main driver of bankruptcy in the US, but that claim does not stand up to analysis, and has been widely debunked.

RealClearMarkets - The Healthcare Bankruptcy Myth

Last edited:

Uh, Zeke dude. There's no such thing as a "medical bankruptcy." BK is either Chapter 13 or Chapter 7.

Uh rabbit dude duh when you start the process of filing your BK, you declare the reason. Medical costs beyond the ability to be paid back is considered fair filing by the court ie medical bankruptcy.

What you mentioned are the two vehicles provided by the court for people about to financially fail. Has nothing to do with the reason they are financially failing. Could be divorce, medical, business failure. etc.

But filing for medical costs are the big one driving bankruptcies. Medical bankruptcy.

I really need to go back to school and learn how the new new math works because the math I learned tells me that medical costs are not a major factor in bankruptcy. Less than half of all bankruptcies in the US even list medical costs as a factor, and more than 96% of those have a medical debt of less than $5000.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:
As someone else pointed out, 75% of those who file medical bankruptcy DID have insurance when the medical crisis arose.

They just didn't have adequate insurance. And these are the plans that ObamaCare has put an end to.

I know what bankruptcy is, but I never heard of "medical bankruptcy".

That's any bankruptcy where the litigant owes any money to a doctor or hospital, even if it's a minute fraction of his total debt.

That's how the Obama fluffers define it, at any rate.

If they lose their job because of illness or injury, even if the medical costs are all paid in full, it still counts as a medical bankruptcy.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

That's any bankruptcy where the litigant owes any money to a doctor or hospital, even if it's a minute fraction of his total debt.

That's how the Obama fluffers define it, at any rate.

If they lose their job because of illness or injury, even if the medical costs are all paid in full, it still counts as a medical bankruptcy.

Forget if they lost their job -- if they just missed work for two weeks due to illness that counted as medical bankruptcy -- even if they had no medical debt.

:eusa_hand:

Ame®icano;8275845 said:
Of course, financially challenged people who didn't have insurance before will still have medical bankruptcies.

Deductibles which are half of their income? Yeah, that's not a nightmare waiting to happen.

As someone else pointed out, 75% of those who file medical bankruptcy DID have insurance when the medical crisis arose.

They just didn't have adequate insurance. And these are the plans that ObamaCare has put an end to.

I can't be responsible for your willful ignorance.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

No but you are responsible for your own....FIX it!

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

I've provided tons of articles on how 62% of bankruptcies are due to medical crisis, and how 75% of those were those plans Obama won't let people keep.

pretending a problem doesn't exist doesn't get rid of the problem.

Ame®icano;8275845 said:

Because you have your hands full with your own willful ignorance.
He is correct. There is no "medical bankruptcy." As I demonstrated to the loser Zeke.

In all the debate over Obamadon'tcare, I don't recall much discussion about "Junk Plans". It was always about "you could keep your insurance if you like it".

Period.

Then our Affirmative Action Non-Hero gets has skinny ass caught in a wringer and all of sudden, these became junk plans.

I am sure there might have been a few statements about this prior to the BIG LIE being exposed, but I don't recall hearing it at all.

If the left can't produce 1000 clips of this, then they have to admit that this is nothing more than a scorched earth effort to divert from the fact that our incompetent president is also an incompetent liar.

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE LEFT BECOMES CONCERNED about our junk plans.

And Ed Shultz has the moxy and the dead brain cells to push this pile of horseshyt.

If you are from the left, don't bother posting about what the plans did and did not cover, that is just more smoke. It really does not matter if you think they are junk or not.

You were pretty quiet on the whole topic prior to the BIG LIE. That is what this is about. Negs to anyone who compares plans.

And maybe I am wrong about this. But I just don't recall seeing it.

All I heard was the may plan (good or bad) and doctor were safe from any issues because of Obamacare.

Let's see it.
Insurance companies have been offering "junk plans" for years. They are nothing new, however the the phrase is used in the trade and so it is unknown in the general population. Junk plans offer little and are basically a scam by the insurance companies. They are great plans if you are not sick or in a serious accident. If you sign up for a junk plan you pay a low premiem but if you have a serious problem you are SHIT OUT OF LUCK.
If you want some insight into junk plans (which I seriously doubt) rent the video "The Rainmaker" with Matt Damon. The story deals with a lawyer who goes after an insurance company that sells junk policies.
The truth of the matter is I do not think you are here to learn anything. You are here to throw mud!

I think the idiot rw's should be allowed to pay premium dollar for these plans and then have to live with their stupidity.

Its not by accident that its the right that hawks this garbage.

No more than its accidental that R vultures sell "reverse mortgages" to people who don't know any better.

You're right - the last thing these people want is to educate themselves.

Not saying that medical bankruptcies don't happen but when surveyed, it's natural that many who have declared bankruptcy would say it was due to their medical bills and gloss over how much they overextended themselves before they got sick. Saying it was a medical bankruptcy sounds better than saying it was a big-screen-TV and eating-out-a-lot bankruptcy.

Shame on you.

Turn off Rush and Beck and the other hate garbage and open your eyes and mind.

I've provided tons of articles on how 62% of bankruptcies are due to medical crisis, and how 75% of those were those plans Obama won't let people keep.

If they were "tons" it didn't matter if they all traced back to the one flawed study where people were counted as having had medical bankruptcies even if they had no medical debt. In that study, even people on Medicare or Medicaid would have counted as having medical bankruptcies if they had an illness or injury which caused them to miss two weeks of work.

In all the debate over Obamadon'tcare, I don't recall much discussion about "Junk Plans". It was always about "you could keep your insurance if you like it".

Period.

Then our Affirmative Action Non-Hero gets has skinny ass caught in a wringer and all of sudden, these became junk plans.

I am sure there might have been a few statements about this prior to the BIG LIE being exposed, but I don't recall hearing it at all.

If the left can't produce 1000 clips of this, then they have to admit that this is nothing more than a scorched earth effort to divert from the fact that our incompetent president is also an incompetent liar.

And Ed Shultz has the moxy and the dead brain cells to push this pile of horseshyt.

If you are from the left, don't bother posting about what the plans did and did not cover, that is just more smoke. It really does not matter if you think they are junk or not.

You were pretty quiet on the whole topic prior to the BIG LIE. That is what this is about. Negs to anyone who compares plans.

All I heard was the may plan (good or bad) and doctor were safe from any issues because of Obamacare.

Let's see it.
Insurance companies have been offering "junk plans" for years. They are nothing new, however the the phrase is used in the trade and so it is unknown in the general population. Junk plans offer little and are basically a scam by the insurance companies. They are great plans if you are not sick or in a serious accident. If you sign up for a junk plan you pay a low premiem but if you have a serious problem you are SHIT OUT OF LUCK.
If you want some insight into junk plans (which I seriously doubt) rent the video "The Rainmaker" with Matt Damon. The story deals with a lawyer who goes after an insurance company that sells junk policies.
The truth of the matter is I do not think you are here to learn anything. You are here to throw mud!

I think the idiot rw's should be allowed to pay premium dollar for these plans and then have to live with their stupidity.

No more than its accidental that R vultures sell "reverse mortgages" to people who don't know any better.

Um, people bought those "junk" plans, approved by state insurance boards, and renewed them for years in some cases. And before Obamacare people did pay for them with premium, after tax, dollars.
I hadn't realized every mortgage broker, underwriter and executive was a Republican.

You're not too bright, are you?

According to the ACA, this is a Junk Plan.

I want insurance to cover catastrophic events (the entire purpose that insurance was designed for).
I am willing to pay for the first $5K, $7K, $10K, or whatever $K I decide I can afford. After I meet that amount, I want my insurance to kick in. I'm not looking for my insurance to pay for maintenance visits (annual physical or maybe I pulled a muscle), no, I want insurance for catastrophic events. This is a "junk plan", because I am obviously too stupid to determine my own medical needs, my own ability to pay and my own level of insurance need according to the government.

You provided tons of lies? Wow.

he best part is that you admit it.

According to the ACA, this is a Junk Plan.

I want insurance to cover catastrophic events (the entire purpose that insurance was designed for).
I am willing to pay for the first $5K, $7K, $10K, or whatever $K I decide I can afford. After I meet that amount, I want my insurance to kick in. I'm not looking for my insurance to pay for maintenance visits (annual physical or maybe I pulled a muscle), no, I want insurance for catastrophic events. This is a "junk plan", because I am obviously too stupid to determine my own medical needs, my own ability to pay and my own level of insurance need according to the government.

That's just it, most of us with catastrophic plans are healthy--we can choose our own deductibles--we know what we can and cannot afford in a deductible. We choose them to save on monthly premiums. I don't mind paying for my own prescriptions or co-pays at a doctor's office.

My plan will be cancelled in a year because of the mandates in Obamacare. I am currently paying $238.00 a month--and am now looking at my premium doubling to $495.00 per month with a 6K deductible under Obamacare. It's ridiculous.

Here are millions of people--that elected to be responsible and pay for their own medical insurance--and were promised by Obama over 40 times that they could keep the plans they liked and are now loosing the insurance and PREMIUMS they liked--because of Barack Obama.

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: to insure the uninsured EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: uninsuring the insured

140305_600.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change

Last edited:

Period.

Let's see it.

You mean we can have our insurance back ?

How nice of you.

Now write your f**ked up president and tell him to do the same.

Link to subsidies to defray deductible?
But the Affordable Care Act also established another type of financial assistance for people who buy plans on the marketplaces, also known as exchanges. Cost-sharing subsidies can substantially reduce the deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and total out-of-pocket spending limits for people with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($58,875 for a family of four in 2013). Those reductions could be an important consideration for lower-income consumers when choosing their coverage.

In Addition To Premium Credits, Health Law Offers Some Consumers Help Paying Deductibles And Co-Pays - Kaiser Health News

Yes, but those subsidies only kick in if you already qualify for premium subsidies, which only occurs if your premiums exceed 20% of your income and you don't make more than the cutoff.
Where did you get 20%?

I ran the Kaiser Calculator for:
For 1 adult, nonsmoker, age 43, 3 kids, family income of $36,000 in Florida.

Results were:

For a Silver Plan
Premium of $9,059 per year
Subsidy of $7,571 per year
Amount of premium to be paid $1,487 per year
Maximum out of pocket $4500/yr.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back