When did Junk Plans become Junk Plans

We know what it is. It's what Obama never mentioned until he got his ass caught in the BIG LIE.
If you know what a junk plan is then you know that the plan is pretty much not worth the paper it is printed on. Junk plans are a scam and are NOT intended to provide insurance. They are intended to make money for the insurance company by selling a worthless plan to gullible idiots. The truth of the matter is that it is probably better NOT to have a junk insurance plan. A junk plan gives people a false sense of security. They think they are covered for serious problems but the truth of the matter is that they are not. For example, a junk plan may offer $600 per day for hospital care for a week. It sounds wonderful but the problem is the average cost for one night in the hospital is around $1800 per day. That means that every day they spend in the hospital they will have to pay $1200 out of their pocket. At the end of the week it becomes $1800 out of pocket. It does not take long to build up a huge debt with those types of charges.
The main reason for filing for personal bankrupcy in this country is for medical reasons. That number is around 2,000,000 a year. It would be my guess many of those had the junk policies you are defending.

Junk Plans?? All Plans are overseen and regulated by each state. You are being untruthful and lying when you say you've seen people being turned away by staff because they already know that they don't/won't pay. You're an Idiot that knows absolutely nothing about how a medical office works ~ Sheeeesh...I don't have time to go over all of your Misconceptions, misrepresentation and outright lies.
The patient is not responsible for $1200. they are usually responsible for 20-30% of the $600 that was agreed upon...The group plan hpo/ppo has already set a limit as to what it will pay, much like obamacare. The Ins co & provider have already set the terms. It's called a Contract!! Those so called junk plans paid or they would be put out of business by the STATE Insurance commission. The difference is obamacare is costing a whole lot more and paying a whole lot less. If there is a so called "Junk Plan" it most certainly is Obamacare!!!

A Big Difference between romneycare & obamacare is that if anyone chose not to participant they had the choice to move to another state!!! It doesn't hide and lie about what it is. Don't like it Move. We Could have easily bought nice "Junk Plans" for all the uninsured for many years just for the price of a fucked up website! Think about that!!
State health insurance laws vary widely from state to state which is why some states had large jumps in premiums when the exchanges opened and others had little or no change.

Junk insurance plans are not sold by the major carriers like UnitedHealth or Aetna but by smaller companies selling over the Internet or by mail. Most of them are discount plans, and hospitalization with limited benefits. Although most of these plans will be stopped by the ACA, some will survive.

Medical bankruptcies will continue.

One big difference is that some of the people they will occur to now are people who were responsible and made sure they had insurance and didn't commit to other spending until they took care of that. But now that Obama has substantially increased their premiums and deductibles all their discretionary income will be sucked up and some of the debts they committed to pre-ACA will be more than they can afford post-ACA.

My guess at this point is that we're going to see cut-rate, bare bones clinics popping up to deal with the flood of Medicaid patients. Maybe they'll be able to recruit new doctors and get some experienced docs to do some pro bono work. It would look essentially like a clinic in Cuba, the darling health care system of the Left. Medicaid reimbursement is so low that it will really only cover operating costs, keeping the lights on. Literally.

The low end here is going to really damage the foundation of the system if something like that doesn't happen. And those who have to utilize those things, well, tough shit for them.

Of course, financially challenged people who didn't have insurance before will still have medical bankruptcies.

Deductibles which are half of their income? Yeah, that's not a nightmare waiting to happen.
If their deductible is half their income, they will either qualify for additional subsidies to help pay their deductible or Medicaid which generally has no deductible.

Last edited:
Of course, financially challenged people who didn't have insurance before will still have medical bankruptcies.

Deductibles which are half of their income? Yeah, that's not a nightmare waiting to happen.
If their deductible is half their income, they will either qualify for additional subsidies to help pay their deductible or Medicaid which generally has no deductible.

Link to subsidies to defray deductible?

In all the debate over Obamadon'tcare, I don't recall much discussion about "Junk Plans". It was always about "you could keep your insurance if you like it".

Period.

Then our Affirmative Action Non-Hero gets has skinny ass caught in a wringer and all of sudden, these became junk plans.

I am sure there might have been a few statements about this prior to the BIG LIE being exposed, but I don't recall hearing it at all.

If the left can't produce 1000 clips of this, then they have to admit that this is nothing more than a scorched earth effort to divert from the fact that our incompetent president is also an incompetent liar.

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE LEFT BECOMES CONCERNED about our junk plans.

And Ed Shultz has the moxy and the dead brain cells to push this pile of horseshyt.

If you are from the left, don't bother posting about what the plans did and did not cover, that is just more smoke. It really does not matter if you think they are junk or not.

You were pretty quiet on the whole topic prior to the BIG LIE. That is what this is about. Negs to anyone who compares plans.

And maybe I am wrong about this. But I just don't recall seeing it.

All I heard was the may plan (good or bad) and doctor were safe from any issues because of Obamacare.

Let's see it.
Getting rid of junk insurance plans, not to be confused with high deductible catastrophic plans have been a goal since day one. Junk health insurance plans provide some coverage for day to day healthcare but fail to provide converge for real major medical expenses. Barebones plans, Mimi- med plans, healthcare cards are typical junk plans. According to Forbes, there are over 1200 such plans covering nearly 4 million people. Most but not all of these plans are illegal under the ACA.

Except that, according to everyone that unconditionally and irrationally supports Obamacare, catastrophic plans with better coverage and lower deductibles are junk now because Obama said they are. Since you didn't actually address that, and that is the question that was asked in the OP, you seem to be one of the stupid group.

But the Affordable Care Act also established another type of financial assistance for people who buy plans on the marketplaces, also known as exchanges. Cost-sharing subsidies can substantially reduce the deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and total out-of-pocket spending limits for people with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($58,875 for a family of four in 2013). Those reductions could be an important consideration for lower-income consumers when choosing their coverage.

In Addition To Premium Credits, Health Law Offers Some Consumers Help Paying Deductibles And Co-Pays - Kaiser Health News

If you know what a junk plan is then you know that the plan is pretty much not worth the paper it is printed on. Junk plans are a scam and are NOT intended to provide insurance. They are intended to make money for the insurance company by selling a worthless plan to gullible idiots. The truth of the matter is that it is probably better NOT to have a junk insurance plan. A junk plan gives people a false sense of security. They think they are covered for serious problems but the truth of the matter is that they are not. For example, a junk plan may offer $600 per day for hospital care for a week. It sounds wonderful but the problem is the average cost for one night in the hospital is around $1800 per day. That means that every day they spend in the hospital they will have to pay $1200 out of their pocket. At the end of the week it becomes $1800 out of pocket. It does not take long to build up a huge debt with those types of charges.
The main reason for filing for personal bankrupcy in this country is for medical reasons. That number is around 2,000,000 a year. It would be my guess many of those had the junk policies you are defending.

Junk Plans?? All Plans are overseen and regulated by each state. You are being untruthful and lying when you say you've seen people being turned away by staff because they already know that they don't/won't pay. You're an Idiot that knows absolutely nothing about how a medical office works ~ Sheeeesh...I don't have time to go over all of your Misconceptions, misrepresentation and outright lies.
The patient is not responsible for $1200. they are usually responsible for 20-30% of the $600 that was agreed upon...The group plan hpo/ppo has already set a limit as to what it will pay, much like obamacare. The Ins co & provider have already set the terms. It's called a Contract!! Those so called junk plans paid or they would be put out of business by the STATE Insurance commission. The difference is obamacare is costing a whole lot more and paying a whole lot less. If there is a so called "Junk Plan" it most certainly is Obamacare!!!

A Big Difference between romneycare & obamacare is that if anyone chose not to participant they had the choice to move to another state!!! It doesn't hide and lie about what it is. Don't like it Move. We Could have easily bought nice "Junk Plans" for all the uninsured for many years just for the price of a fucked up website! Think about that!!
State health insurance laws vary widely from state to state which is why some states had large jumps in premiums when the exchanges opened and others had little or no change.

Junk insurance plans are not sold by the major carriers like UnitedHealth or Aetna but by smaller companies selling over the Internet or by mail. Most of them are discount plans, and hospitalization with limited benefits. Although most of these plans will be stopped by the ACA, some will survive.

Most of the companies that are available on the federal exchange are sold by small companies.

Not true.

But the Affordable Care Act also established another type of financial assistance for people who buy plans on the marketplaces, also known as exchanges. Cost-sharing subsidies can substantially reduce the deductibles, copayments, coinsurance and total out-of-pocket spending limits for people with incomes up to 250 percent of the federal poverty level ($58,875 for a family of four in 2013). Those reductions could be an important consideration for lower-income consumers when choosing their coverage.

In Addition To Premium Credits, Health Law Offers Some Consumers Help Paying Deductibles And Co-Pays - Kaiser Health News

I'd heard a little about that. Seems it won't help those who buy the cheapest plans. It's for people who are able to pay extra up front to get the silver plan. It would definitely be good if the details of this were more widely known.

Great post!
Maybe a class-action suit should be brought against State Insurance Commissions' for allowing insurance companies to previously sell insurance that is now considered 'junk'.

Well, the only problem is who decides what is junk?

Can't be Obama himself. Has to be somebody non-biased.

What's junk is decided by the money government needs.
Mark my words, plans that are not junk today's standards will be marked as junk as soon government realize they missed their estimates in how much money current plans are bringing or even sooner, when people stop talking about it. And they will keep doing it until we have single payer system.
It was never about insuring uninsured, it was always about money and control.

Junk is an annual or lifetime cap duh. Hater dupes think Dems want to screw them and be unpopular lol...That's the GOP GIG, MADE POSSIBLE BY THEIR GREAT CON MEN...

Junk is an annual or lifetime cap duh. Hater dupes think Dems want to screw them and be unpopular lol...That's the GOP GIG, MADE POSSIBLE BY THEIR GREAT CON MEN...

More neg asshole.

Junk is in the eyes of the buyer.

Never said anything until your vaunted poster boy for incompetence got his skinny ass caught in the BIG LIE.

You can keep your insurance. Period.

Laughable. Lied to the whole nation. Only lemmings like you are still behind him.

Ring a bell and you start drooling.

In all the debate over Obamadon'tcare, I don't recall much discussion about "Junk Plans". It was always about "you could keep your insurance if you like it".

Period.

Then our Affirmative Action Non-Hero gets has skinny ass caught in a wringer and all of sudden, these became junk plans.

I am sure there might have been a few statements about this prior to the BIG LIE being exposed, but I don't recall hearing it at all.

If the left can't produce 1000 clips of this, then they have to admit that this is nothing more than a scorched earth effort to divert from the fact that our incompetent president is also an incompetent liar.

And Ed Shultz has the moxy and the dead brain cells to push this pile of horseshyt.

If you are from the left, don't bother posting about what the plans did and did not cover, that is just more smoke. It really does not matter if you think they are junk or not.

You were pretty quiet on the whole topic prior to the BIG LIE. That is what this is about. Negs to anyone who compares plans.

All I heard was the may plan (good or bad) and doctor were safe from any issues because of Obamacare.

Let's see it.
Getting rid of junk insurance plans, not to be confused with high deductible catastrophic plans have been a goal since day one. Junk health insurance plans provide some coverage for day to day healthcare but fail to provide converge for real major medical expenses. Barebones plans, Mimi- med plans, healthcare cards are typical junk plans. According to Forbes, there are over 1200 such plans covering nearly 4 million people. Most but not all of these plans are illegal under the ACA.

Please show us where fearless asshole said this 100 times.

When we can show dozens of "you can keep your insurance clips".

Otherwise, your claim rests in the sewer with the rest of the bullshyt the left has been putting out there.

45 per cent of all bankruptcies are caused by junk policies, and they've never heard of them lol...

More horsecrap from the head moron of the board.

Your vaunted Affirmative Action Moron Incompetent never said anything about any of this until he got his ass handed to him.

Then came the "fix".

It needs a fix alright. Just like you.

131207outincoldRGB20131209063529.jpg

Last edited:

Period.

Let's see it.

Not one freaking clip. Can you believe it ?

How does the left allow themselves to be duped by this charlatan ?

[

The real numbers are that 8 million less votes for Obama than in 2008 and Romney got 1 million less votes than McCain did. Had Romney matched McCain it would have been a close race.

And of course we have the far left Obama drone talking points in all this.

I don't know what "real numbers" you are talking about, Vorlon-boy.

Here are the real numbers.

2008-

President Elect - 2008

Obama - 69,297,997
McCain - 59,597,520

President Elect - 2012

Obama - 65,446,032
Romney - 60,589,084

Romney got a million more than McCain did... Obama got about 3.7 million less than he did in 2008, mostly from non-battleground states that weren't in contention.

Should be interesting to see how the apologists spin providers being buried in low-reimbursement Medicaid patients, providers not accepting some or all of the insurance and opening concierge practices, much longer waiting times, huge deductibles burying policy owners, hospitals opting out, billing software systems not ready and the lack of "young invincables" throwing the actuarial tables right off the rails.

It won't be fun, of course; but it will be interesting.

They'll blame the GOP and Romney and global warming and racism; they'll divert and deflect and deny. They'll change the subject to "we should have had single payer", anything to avoid addressing what we're trying to warn about right now, all very predictable stuff, now that we "know what's in it".

And I goddamn well bet you they know what's coming, too. They just won't take responsibility for it.

Why should they.

If the Doctors and Insurance companies had their priorities straight, which is to do the best for their patients/customers, this would work just fine.

Big Pharma and Big Insurance and Big Medical fought like hell to get THIS system instead of the feared "single payer".. and now they are trying to muck this up.

Because they know, eventually, that's where they are going. But they'll kick and scream every step of the way.

As someone else pointed out, 75% of those who file medical bankruptcy DID have insurance when the medical crisis arose.

They just didn't have adequate insurance. And these are the plans that ObamaCare has put an end to.

Forum List

Back