When did the Republican Party become the party that hates authority???

Since when did the GOP and right wing become the anti-authority party? I remember in my 20's, the GOP was the "Law and Order" party. Yes sir-eee, they were the party of law, order, manners, men in uniform, and they'd be damned if some pot smokin', cop hating hippies would ever run this glorious country.

They were the party that loved the military. That held cops in high esteem. That believed our public schools were a place of discipline and order. They were the party that believed in social standards. And order. And if you grew up without it, the school, or the mayor, or the sheriff, or your football coach, or your neighbor would give you what your daddy was too scared to: Discipline and some manners.

WHERE IN THE HELL DID THAT GOP GO????? Its turned into a bunch of radical, government hating rednecks who are talking about building survivalist fortresses in Idaho, who are bashing teachers, cops, firemen, and saying public schools are the work of the devil hahaha!!!!

The anti-government antics of the 60's radicals, that the GOP used to look down on, are now the norm for the right wing, with the far right beginning to look more and more like the anti-govt 60's radicals by the day.

I dont know when this anti-government shift in the GOP happened. Some say it was on or around....say....01/20/2009. I dont know. But it is sad, scary, and yes, dangerous.

Gee, a retrospect from a leftie who's last cognizant memory was 1985. I am old enough to remember when lefties spit on members of the Military and called Police officers,"pigs". The democrat party hasn't matured much further than it's mid century segregationist days or it's flirtation with anarchy with Bill Ayers and his terrorist wife treated like folk heroes. Put the freaking attorney general in jail if you lefties want to show that your gun control issues are legitimate and not just political theater. Call for the trial and capital punishment for Major Nidal, the terrorist jihad monster who shot and killed 13 of his own men and left 30 other Soldiers wounded.

Anarchists unite! We'll organize resistance to organization!!!!!!!!!

When did the Democratic party become the party of execution without trial? We now have a President who can order the killing of a American citizen living overseas and being suspected of being involved with terrorism with a drone strike emphasis on suspected. I'm guessing that mindset started coming into play on January 20th 2009.

He also forced the soviet economy to try to match ours due to thier need to increase defense spending, crippling it and leading to the end of the Cold War.

People in Eastern Europe LOVE the man.

Reagan took the mobile out of the MX program making silos that didn't exist in the future, where they would exist if they were mobile. Reagan blew money on his 600 ship navy instead of spending it on quality that would have lasted instead of quantity that didn't. Reagan support the B1 bomber and continued to support it even though the B-2 bomber was being developed secretly. The B1 bomber is mothballed and we use the B-2, so it was just wasting money to continue supporting the B-1 once he became President. Why not spend the money getting more B-2s?

It's a myth that Reagan ended the Cold War with his reckless military spending that amounted to nothing for our strategic defenses. The only program that came out of the Reagan days was that V-22 Osprey (the Marine killer), which was one of the most overfunded, over-budget military programs in history. They should have funded a program to develop a vertical take off and land jet transport, instead of that dinosaur.

The B-1 was designed for low level penetration of soviet airspace... of course its no longer used. We would kill for a 600 ship navy, and quality doesnt matter if your ships are spread out all over the damn place. The Marines right now love the Osprey, and something that was such a technological leap was bound to have growing pains.

Just because you dont like the guy doesnt mean you have to make crap up about him

I also see you turned your rep off. What size is your pink tutu now?

I've done analysis of the Reagan military proposals and they were a waste of money that didn't provide for the national defense.

B-2 bombers can also penetrate Soviet air space and the navy doesn't want large amounts of ships that are low quality.

Stealth was the whole purpose of the MX missile program and it meant the Soviets had little chance of a successful first strike. Reagan did away with the underground transport to multiple silos and produced missiles that were later destroyed.

Reagan lacked vision in military spending and every program he supported was a waste of money.

The Osprey was a fiasco.

Since when did the GOP and right wing become the anti-authority party? I remember in my 20's, the GOP was the "Law and Order" party. Yes sir-eee, they were the party of law, order, manners, men in uniform, and they'd be damned if some pot smokin', cop hating hippies would ever run this glorious country.

They were the party that loved the military. That held cops in high esteem. That believed our public schools were a place of discipline and order. They were the party that believed in social standards. And order. And if you grew up without it, the school, or the mayor, or the sheriff, or your football coach, or your neighbor would give you what your daddy was too scared to: Discipline and some manners.

WHERE IN THE HELL DID THAT GOP GO????? Its turned into a bunch of radical, government hating rednecks who are talking about building survivalist fortresses in Idaho, who are bashing teachers, cops, firemen, and saying public schools are the work of the devil hahaha!!!!

The anti-government antics of the 60's radicals, that the GOP used to look down on, are now the norm for the right wing, with the far right beginning to look more and more like the anti-govt 60's radicals by the day.

I dont know when this anti-government shift in the GOP happened. Some say it was on or around....say....01/20/2009. I dont know. But it is sad, scary, and yes, dangerous.

Your ADD in this post is noted. Several others in this thread have done an excellent job of pwning you. I am not sure exactly what GOP you are referring to. If you are referring to the Boehner lead GOP, you are beyond clueless, as the Boehner lead GOP is nothing more than a rubber stamp for the Democrat Party. Perhaps you are referring to the Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Michele Bachmann faction of the GOP, that must be it, because outside of them, you will have to look to the Libertarian party to find the anti-authoritarianism you so fear.

While you are clearly too dumb to survive on your own without governmental authoritarianism holding your hand through every step of your life, there are many out there who know how to survive on their own. When they see things like this feminazi who is a member or the Demonazi party pushing statist/fascist authoritarianism like this:

NH Legislator: We Need to ?Restrict Freedoms? of Conservatives

When we have a dictator who states: "if they bring a knife to a fight, we bring a gun"....ah yess...so similar to Vladimir Lenin: "They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet"

From this above paragraph to how we have a dictator who ran Fast & Furious, yet wants to ban law abiding citizens from owning firearms, who was against water boarding yet has no problem killing Americans with drones and without due process...is it any wonder that not only many in the GOP, but also Libertarians are anti-authoritarian. Duhh........

uscitizen opined:

Since when did the GOP and right wing become the anti-authority party?

When Obama became president.

they had no problem with Bush's authority. He did not have to veto any of their bills.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooosssshhhh.. Jeeeezz. Do you have any idea what Ivan Pavlov would have given to have people like you instead of a dog???? Boooooshh. If you really think Bush is a conservative, well...whatev. I guess you missed how many GOP voters opposed the Patriot Act.

Last edited:
Reagan took the mobile out of the MX program making silos that didn't exist in the future, where they would exist if they were mobile. Reagan blew money on his 600 ship navy instead of spending it on quality that would have lasted instead of quantity that didn't. Reagan support the B1 bomber and continued to support it even though the B-2 bomber was being developed secretly. The B1 bomber is mothballed and we use the B-2, so it was just wasting money to continue supporting the B-1 once he became President. Why not spend the money getting more B-2s?

It's a myth that Reagan ended the Cold War with his reckless military spending that amounted to nothing for our strategic defenses. The only program that came out of the Reagan days was that V-22 Osprey (the Marine killer), which was one of the most overfunded, over-budget military programs in history. They should have funded a program to develop a vertical take off and land jet transport, instead of that dinosaur.

The B-1 was designed for low level penetration of soviet airspace... of course its no longer used. We would kill for a 600 ship navy, and quality doesnt matter if your ships are spread out all over the damn place. The Marines right now love the Osprey, and something that was such a technological leap was bound to have growing pains.

Just because you dont like the guy doesnt mean you have to make crap up about him

I also see you turned your rep off. What size is your pink tutu now?

I've done analysis of the Reagan military proposals and they were a waste of money that didn't provide for the national defense.

B-2 bombers can also penetrate Soviet air space and the navy doesn't want large amounts of ships that are low quality.

Stealth was the whole purpose of the MX missile program and it meant the Soviets had little chance of a successful first strike. Reagan did away with the underground transport to multiple silos and produced missiles that were later destroyed.

Reagan lacked vision in military spending and every program he supported was a waste of money.

The Osprey was a fiasco.

From thw wikipedia article:

On 18 February 2011, Marine Commandant General James Amos indicated Marine MV-22s deployed to Afghanistan surpassed 100,000 flight hours and were noted as having become "the safest airplane, or close to the safest airplane” in the Marine Corps inventory.[117] The average V-22 mishap rate based on flight hours over the past 10 years, has been approximately half the accident rate for the USMC aircraft fleet. The V-22's accident rate is the lowest of any Marine rotorcraft.[118] Wired Magazine has reported that the recent safety record has been achieved only by excluding V-22 ground incidents; one such incident claimed the life of one crew member.[119] The Marines responded that MV-22 reporting is done by the same standards as all other aircraft in the Department of the Navy.[120]

Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems to be working pretty good now, with some minor issues. For such a radical new type of aircraft, it doesnt seem too bad.

I also find your "better ships, not more ships" comical as the ships authorized at the time were better than almost anything on the oceans for any other navy.

And please publish your "analysis" of Reagans' military spending. probably a term paper from your high school days.

and did I get the tutu color wrong for when you turned of your rep? Is it a lime green?

It was when Grover Norquist desided he could dupe a whole party to help him weaken the government our founders left us until it was so weak he could kill it out right.

He said it right out loud to them and they are still so gullible they dont even know why they were taught to think this crapola

Your ADD in this post is noted. Several others in this thread have done an excellent job of pwning you. I am not sure exactly what GOP you are referring to. If you are referring to the Boehner lead GOP, you are beyond clueless, as the Boehner lead GOP is nothing more than a rubber stamp for the Democrat Party. Perhaps you are referring to the Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Michele Bachmann faction of the GOP, that must be it, because outside of them, you will have to look to the Libertarian party to find the anti-authoritarianism you so fear.

While you are clearly too dumb to survive on your own without governmental authoritarianism holding your hand through every step of your life, there are many out there who know how to survive on their own. When they see things like this feminazi who is a member or the Demonazi party pushing statist/fascist authoritarianism like this:

NH Legislator: We Need to ?Restrict Freedoms? of Conservatives

When we have a dictator who states: "if they bring a knife to a fight, we bring a gun"....ah yess...so similar to Vladimir Lenin: "They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet"

From this above paragraph to how we have a dictator who ran Fast & Furious, yet wants to ban law abiding citizens from owning firearms, who was against water boarding yet has no problem killing Americans with drones and without due process...is it any wonder that not only many in the GOP, but also Libertarians are anti-authoritarian. Duhh........

uscitizen opined:

Since when did the GOP and right wing become the anti-authority party?

When Obama became president.

they had no problem with Bush's authority. He did not have to veto any of their bills.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooosssshhhh.. Jeeeezz. Do you have any idea what Ivan Pavlov would have given to have people like you instead of a dog???? Boooooshh. If you really think Bush is a conservative, well...whatev. I guess you missed how many GOP voters opposed the Patriot Act.

Bush will FOREVER get every ounce of blame he deserves for all the things he did.

it matters not how much you lay on the floor and scream kick your little feet to try and distract from the fact that Bush and the republican party CRASHED the world economy and lied us into war.

facts are facts and because you dont like what the facts are is of no concern to the entire world which knows the real facts and NOT the republican talking points.

Your party screwed the pooch.

the pooch will never forget it.

Speaking for myself...

I don't "hate" authority.

I just believe that there is a limit to how much "authority" an elected official has over the people who elected them.

We don't elect Kings, Dictators, or Tyrants. When those we do elect start acting that way, it is time to get rid of them. When they start believing that they "Know" what is best for us just because we elected them, it is time to get rid of them.

When a Politician starts saying that "They" don't like something as simple as the size of soda for sale, therefore they are going to ban them, it is time to get rid of them.

If you actually read the Constitution, it limits the authority the Federal Government has over the Citizens and people who live in the Country. Pay particular attention to the 10th Amendment " The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. "

Those who are in "Authority" first have to understand that they do not have unlimited powers to control and rule over the people. They get their authority and power from the people, not from God.

Speaking for myself...

I just believe that there is a limit to how much "authority" an elected official has over the people who elected them.

We don't elect Kings, Dictators, or Tyrants. When those we do elect start acting that way, it is time to get rid of them. When they start believing that they "Know" what is best for us just because we elected them, it is time to get rid of them.

When a Politician starts saying that "They" don't like something as simple as the size of soda for sale, therefore they are going to ban them, it is time to get rid of them.

If you actually read the Constitution, it limits the authority the Federal Government has over the Citizens and people who live in the Country. Pay particular attention to the 10th Amendment " The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. "

Those who are in "Authority" first have to understand that they do not have unlimited powers to control and rule over the people. They get their authority and power from the people, not from God.

yet you want to stick your fingers inside every womans vaginas to make sure she doesnt control her very own flesh.

And you then insist you have a right to keep a machine that injects a metal blob into other humans flesh.

what is with your obsession with entering the VERY FLESH of your fellow human beings?

Molon Labe
"A free people ought to be armed."- George Washington
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."- Thomas Jefferson
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson
If you get to control my guns, do I get to control your abortions?

This is OSs sig line right now

Speaking for myself...

yet you want to stick your fingers inside every womans vaginas to make sure she doesnt control her very own flesh.

And you then insist you have a right to keep a machine that injects a metal blob into other humans flesh.

what is with your obsession with entering the VERY FLESH of your fellow human beings?

So what is your obession with controlling the lives of other people, and thier finances?

You seem to love spending other people's money.

Speaking for myself...

Are you off your meds todays?

Please let me know when you have a moment of lucidity.

Molon Labe
- Thomas Jefferson

Yes that is my sig line.

Molon Labe means "Come and take". My own position and comment to Gun Grabbers.

The next three reflect the thoughts of the Founders when they wrote the 2nd Amendment. That every man who is a free man has the right to own a firearm. Which is quite contrary to the current thinking of the Liberals, Left, Democrats, Gun Grabbers.

The last line is there simply to make it simple for those Liberal, Left, Democrats, and Gun Grabbers to understand. You say you have the right to control my guns, which is my Constitutionally protected right to own, so does that mean I get to control your Abortions, which you believe is your Constitutionally protected right?

It is a shame that I actually had to explain that to you. I would have thought that a person posting to a Political board would be able to understand that without having to have it explained.

Last edited:
Molon Labe
- Thomas Jefferson

Yes that is my sig line.

The first three reflect the thoughts of the Founders when they wrote the 2nd Amendment. That every man who is a free man has the right to own a firearm. Which is quite contrary to the current thinking of the Liberals, Left, Democrats, Gun Grabbers.A flat pout lie and you are a publum lapper of the right

The last line is there simply to make it simple for those Liberal, Left, Democrats, and Gun Grabbers to understand. You say you have the right to control my guns, which is my Constitutionally protected right to own, so does that mean I get to control your Abortions, which you believe is your Constitutionally protected right?Your right wing scotus has ALREADY said gun laws are perfectly constitutional

It is a shame that I actually had to explain that to you. I would have thought that a person posting to a Political board would be able to understand that without having to have it explained.

You used lies to explain your self.

Get this one straight.

This country will NEVER again make a womans right to choose how her life unfolds illegal.

This country will NEVER allow you to have any weapon your little heart desires.

You have already lost all these legal battles and your so stupid and blind you pretend you have not.

makes you look really badly informed and not very bright

Molon Labe
- Thomas Jefferson

Yes that is my sig line.

The first three reflect the thoughts of the Founders when they wrote the 2nd Amendment. That every man who is a free man has the right to own a firearm. Which is quite contrary to the current thinking of the Liberals, Left, Democrats, Gun Grabbers.A flat pout lie and you are a publum lapper of the right

The last line is there simply to make it simple for those Liberal, Left, Democrats, and Gun Grabbers to understand. You say you have the right to control my guns, which is my Constitutionally protected right to own, so does that mean I get to control your Abortions, which you believe is your Constitutionally protected right?Your right wing scotus has ALREADY said gun laws are perfectly constitutional

Get this one straight.

This country will NEVER again make a womans right to choose how her life unfolds illegal.

You have already lost all these legal battles and your so stupid and blind you pretend you have not.

Point out the words "abortion" and "right" related to each other in the text of the consitution.

I can find "arms" and "right" within a few words of each other.

Speaking for myself...

So what is your obession with controlling the lives of other people, and thier finances?

You seem to love spending other people's money.

This country has democractically LONG ago decided to pool money and fix things and help people.

No one is forcing you to pay US taxes if you disagree with this countrys long history and our current laws you can leave and find a country where you dont have to pay taxes.

good luck finding one with paved roads and hospitals.

Yes that is my sig line.

Get this one straight.

Point out the words "abortion" and "right" related to each other in the text of the consitution.

I can find "arms" and "right" within a few words of each other.

point to the words that say abortion is illegal?

Molon Labe
- Thomas Jefferson

Yes that is my sig line.

Get this one straight.

WOW I lied??

Where?

Molon Labe does mean "Come and Take" Google it .

The quotations are real... Google them.

Did I say I wanted to control a woman's life? I simply asked a question.. If you have the "power" to restrict my rights, do I have the same to restrict yours?

What I think is happening here is that you can't refute my sig line with honest debate so you simply resort to the Ad Hom attack by calling me a liar and questioning my knowledge and intelligence.

Of course I am used to that procedure. I have been posting on political boards since the mid-80's and it is a common tactic among the left.

Forum List

Back