When did the Republican Party of Lincoln become the "Confederate Party"?

R

rdean

USMB Right Wingers want "hard proof" that conservatives fled the Democratic Party in the 60's and became the "Party of Lincoln" Republicans. They want to believe they were always the "Party of Lincoln".

Without posting history links, which is much to close to education, let's just try common sense and logic. We know the Republican Party is the "Party of the South". That it's the "Confederate Party". Republican Governors wanting to celebrate "Confederate Month" and so on.

Do any of you guys believe Lincoln was a "confederate"?????

If Lincoln wasn't a "confederate", then his party couldn't have been the "confederate party". That means, at some point in time, the Republican Party went from Northern Union to Southern Confederate. A good place to start to look would be around the middle 1960's.

It had gradually started with FDR and particularly Eleanor and the New Deal. But a large turning point was when Truman integrated the military. The move is still going on.

Why do so many Republicans fly the Confederate Flag and push for States Rights

Doesn't sound like the party of Lincoln

Shouldn't this trolling thread be in the Taunting Arena?

Those are Southern Democrats.

Show me pics of any prominent Repugs flying them.

The Southern Democrats left the Democratic party and now vote Republican. It hurt the Democratic party to let them go; the solid south made elections so much easier for Democrats but the solid south were conservatives and the Democrats liberal so they had to be cut loose. The southern ex-Democrats tried their own party and it failed so where else were they to go but to the conservative Republican party. And in the Republican party they reside today. The political parties can change names and have, but the terms liberal and conservative define an ideology.

republican governors call for confederate month

Have you bothered doing a Google Search?

ZZ4F02565C.jpg

Here’s a photo of South Carolina Senate President Glenn McConnell, dressed up as a Confederate General and posing with two African Americans in slave costumes.

In addition to McConnell, S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford attended (and spoke at) the event – although it was not listed on his weekly public schedule. S.C. Republican Attorney General nominee Alan Wilson also attended.

Invited speakers to the NFRW conference included U.S. House Majority Leader John Boehner, Senate Leader Mitch McConnell, RNC Chairman Michael Steele, Rep. Joe Wilson, House Speaker Bobby Harrell, former U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins and GOP gubernatorial nominee Nikki Haley.

nfrw-sanford.jpg

nfrw-dancing.jpg

Not exactly "flags", but I think costumes are way worse. Don't you?

But speaking of flags:

news17_shad_planking.jpg

George Allen, Republican in U.S. Senate race

The Southern Democrats left the Democratic party and now vote Republican. It hurt the Democratic party to let them go; the solid south made elections so much easier for Democrats but the solid south were conservatives and the Democrats liberal so they had to be cut loose. The southern ex-Democrats tried their own party and it failed so where else were they to go but to the conservative Republican party. And in the Republican party they reside today. The political parties can change names and have, but the terms liberal and conservative define an ideology.

You're full of shit.

I live and work with them. They still vote Democrat. They keep telling me the GOP is for the rich. They may not vote for Obama but they faithfully vote (D) like their Daddies did and their Grand Daddies did.

ZZ4F02565C.jpg

Here’s a photo of South Carolina Senate President Glenn McConnell, dressed up as a Confederate General and posing with two African Americans in slave costumes.

In addition to McConnell, S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford attended (and spoke at) the event – although it was not listed on his weekly public schedule. S.C. Republican Attorney General nominee Alan Wilson also attended.

Invited speakers to the NFRW conference included U.S. House Majority Leader John Boehner, Senate Leader Mitch McConnell, RNC Chairman Michael Steele, Rep. Joe Wilson, House Speaker Bobby Harrell, former U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins and GOP gubernatorial nominee Nikki Haley.

nfrw-sanford.jpg

nfrw-dancing.jpg

But speaking of flags:

news17_shad_planking.jpg

Bull Shit.

They celebrate the Civil War every year through reenactments. That doesn't make them Confederates. Besides, I don't see any Grey uniforms in your pics, only blue.

I also see Ron Paul signs. Many of his supporters love to fly the Confederate flag. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican.

Last edited:
The flag that flew off slave ships for 200 years was the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes. The uniform that enforced slavery in the Colonies was British and later the United States Federal uniform enforced the dreaded institution. The radical left needs an enemy and the enemy is us.

The south used the concept of States Rights to secede from the union
Republicans in the south now fight to fly the confederate flag

Does that sound like Lincoln?

ZZ4F02565C.jpg

nfrw-sanford.jpg

nfrw-dancing.jpg

But speaking of flags:

news17_shad_planking.jpg

Bull Shit.

They celebrate the Civil War every year through reenactments. That doesn't make them Confederates. Besides, I don't see any Grey uniforms in your pics, only blue.

I also see Ron Paul signs. Many of his supporters love to fly the Confederate flag. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican.

Blue Confederate Uniforms

The south used the concept of States Rights to secede from the union
Republicans in the south now fight to fly the confederate flag

Does that sound like Lincoln?

Apparently it does. Warrior is demanding "hard proof" that Lincoln wasn't a Confederate. Just when I thought I heard it all.

Does anyone have "hard proof" that Lincoln wasn't a confederate?

Forum List

Back