When fat people demand poor people give up sugar, its a no brainer!!

Paul LePage Threatens To Drop Food Stamps Because Of His Soda Freakout

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) doesn’t want food stamp beneficiaries to buy soda or sweets with their benefits.
Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) wants to wash his hands of the federal food stamp program because beneficiaries eat so much filthy junk food.

LePage told the Obama administration that he’d end the state’s administration of food stamps if the U.S. Department of Agriculture won’t let him decide which foods Mainers can buy with their benefits.

“It’s time for the federal government to wake up and smell the energy
To all the poor people in the country....when you sit on your ass and not VOTE....this is the kind of shit you get to run your state. A rich fat white man worried about you and how many fat rolls you have on your body!!

2016 VOTE!!!!

I agree with the Governor on this one... You shouldn't be buying junk food with your EBT card... The problem is the fact that healthy food is expensive as hell and it is cheaper to buy junk food and soda...

5 Surprising Things You Can Buy With Food Stamps | TIME.com

No, healthy food is NOT expensive. Potatoes, beans, onions, cabbage. Rice. All cheap. Carrots..they're almost free.
Depends....what you consider inexpensive....fresh veggies are expensive. And lets all assume the fresh is the way to go, but really, who doesn't buy from the can? Com'on, get off your high and mighty fuckin soap boxes and stop expecting poor people to cook from scratch, cause nobody but Maria and Hozay, them illegals you hired will do it for YOU!!

No one cooks for me except for me and yes I use fresh veggies and buy them from the local HEB, so I wish you would not try to paint me as someone that has domestic help.

People have choices in life and sometimes you have to make the choice how you want to live. I grew up on a farm all my childhood while my Uncle was a Prison guard, so i grew up dirt poor the most part.

I was taught to cook at a young age and how to crow my own crops and can still grow a small garden that give me fresh veggies daily.

So again I agree with the Governor and believe junk food should be one thing not allowed to be bought with the EBT and never tell me again how I live my damn life!

Nice to have those advantages.

cow-billborads.jpg

Wholesale and Retail Prices for Chicken, Beef, and Pork - The National Chicken Council

We had field peas and butter beans and cornbread cooked from scratch last night. It was delicious. Sure beats sugar.
I have no problem with shutting down foodstamps...

but as long as we have them, I think people should be able to buy bulk sugar lol. Maybe not the candy bars. But sugar...you need it to cook.

Of course...in my house, that gets rationed too. Right now we're in a fry bread zone..I make fry bread a lot and the kids like it with sugar and cinnamon.

Hell, what's wrong with people eating healthy meals????

As a matter of fact, we can let Obungle's transgender "wife" pick the menu, just like she does for those poor school kids!!!
First off, anything that's labled healthy in this capitalistic money grabbing country is overly priced to began with, thats the problem....healthy anything in this country is more expensive than junk shit, thus the financing of that industry by poor people. Its much cheaper to buy processed foods, loaded with sugar and sodium, than to buy fresh foods...a fuckin tomatoe cost 1.19, one damned tomatoe.....So if you want answers, ass ho, contact Wall Street and ask your questions!!
Potatoes are cheap. So are beans. So is cabbage. So are onions.

So much for that.
Look, we're not gonna go down a list of what's cheaper to eat vs not.....if people want to indulge in an unhealthy lifestyle, this is after all America and we're free to chose what we wish for our families....so instead of attacking poor people, why not initiate a campaign of healthy living...its a no brainer. And just for the record, beans, cabbage and potatoes are on menu's of poor people.....I myself love these foods and cook them often, as do most people of color!! Beans beans good for the heart, the more you eat the more your fart!!
You keep specifying "people of color". You don't seem to realize that being poor isn't specific to a "race".

75b651cfa28b4c319f00f2d93d6c6c1e.png
d4445a6d60a04a91a4bc71ac7603a338.png
94666b654f3746c8ac1ac252b67621ad.png
Never mind, you don't realize that. Here Liberals are accusing Conservatives of being racist, yet you've made this 'food issue' into a 'race issue'. Somehow when someone says that Food Stamps should be dropped, it's an attack on black people. Isn't the assumption that every poor person is black racist to begin with? You seem to assume that anytime something relating to poor people is brought up. I happen to think that since we're all people, not races, but people, we are all equally likely to succeed. I also happen to think that anyone could be poor, regardless of race. It's just a case of lacking the drive to succeed.

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) doesn’t want food stamp beneficiaries to buy soda or sweets with their benefits.
Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) wants to wash his hands of the federal food stamp program because beneficiaries eat so much filthy junk food.

LePage told the Obama administration that he’d end the state’s administration of food stamps if the U.S. Department of Agriculture won’t let him decide which foods Mainers can buy with their benefits.

To all the poor people in the country....when you sit on your ass and not VOTE....this is the kind of shit you get to run your state. A rich fat white man worried about you and how many fat rolls you have on your body!!

2016 VOTE!!!!

I agree with the Governor on this one... You shouldn't be buying junk food with your EBT card... The problem is the fact that healthy food is expensive as hell and it is cheaper to buy junk food and soda...

Question? Is this fat white motherfucker telling white people who get tax funded disability checks what the fuck they should eat? Does this white fuck head, mind if I a tax payer who pays his fuck salary mind me checking out his family's menu? As a matter of principle, lets check the eating patterns of anyone getting tax payer dollars, agreed?

If not, than shut the fuck up!!

We have okra growing too. Tomorrow I am going to make a big batch of fried okra and have another big juicy mater.

I wonder if we allowed people to buy seed with their food stamps if they would garden?

Hell, what's wrong with people eating healthy meals????

As a matter of fact, we can let Obungle's transgender "wife" pick the menu, just like she does for those poor school kids!!!
First off, anything that's labled healthy in this capitalistic money grabbing country is overly priced to began with, thats the problem....healthy anything in this country is more expensive than junk shit, thus the financing of that industry by poor people. Its much cheaper to buy processed foods, loaded with sugar and sodium, than to buy fresh foods...a fuckin tomatoe cost 1.19, one damned tomatoe.....So if you want answers, ass ho, contact Wall Street and ask your questions!!
Potatoes are cheap. So are beans. So is cabbage. So are onions.

So much for that.
Look, we're not gonna go down a list of what's cheaper to eat vs not.....if people want to indulge in an unhealthy lifestyle, this is after all America and we're free to chose what we wish for our families....so instead of attacking poor people, why not initiate a campaign of healthy living...its a no brainer. And just for the record, beans, cabbage and potatoes are on menu's of poor people.....I myself love these foods and cook them often, as do most people of color!! Beans beans good for the heart, the more you eat the more your fart!!
You keep specifying "people of color". You don't seem to realize that being poor isn't specific to a "race".

75b651cfa28b4c319f00f2d93d6c6c1e.png
d4445a6d60a04a91a4bc71ac7603a338.png
94666b654f3746c8ac1ac252b67621ad.png
Never mind, you don't realize that. Here Liberals are accusing Conservatives of being racist, yet you've made this 'food issue' into a 'race issue'. Somehow when someone says that Food Stamps should be dropped, it's an attack on black people. Isn't the assumption that every poor person is black racist to begin with? You seem to assume that anytime something relating to poor people is brought up. I happen to think that since we're all people, not races, but people, we are all equally likely to succeed. I also happen to think that anyone could be poor, regardless of race. It's just a case of lacking the drive to succeed.
Because I am a person of color, I am responding from my prespective...implying its only people of color he's attacking in Maine??? Really, what? 10 nigga's probably live there and 6 are in jail, eh?

2016 VOTE!!!!

Question? Is this fat white motherfucker telling white people who get tax funded disability checks what the fuck they should eat? Does this white fuck head, mind if I a tax payer who pays his fuck salary mind me checking out his family's menu? As a matter of principle, lets check the eating patterns of anyone getting tax payer dollars, agreed?

People who get disability checks generally have no choice but to eat sparingly, since getting that disability check monthly almost always means you aren't going to get your foodstamps.

Except in the case of adults with disabled children. If the adults don't work, and their only income is ssi, they usually get a full complement of food stamps. It's quite a racket.

BUT the people who get ssd (which means they actually have worked in their life) are not typically eligible for foodstamps, and thus have to stick to heinous budgets.

2016 VOTE!!!!

We should check their drug usage too.

We have okra growing too. Tomorrow I am going to make a big batch of fried okra and have another big juicy mater.

I wonder if we allowed people to buy seed with their food stamps if they would garden?
They can buy seeds with their foodstamps. And they can buy vegetable plants. So the answer is..no.

Healthier food isn't that much more expensive. It helps if you know what, when, and where to purchase.

... and have access to that, and not be working two jobs to get by, and ....
Who doesn't have access fresh food? Even the stores that cater to low income families still have some fresh produce and lots of canned or desiccated items. People work too much to buy food? Please...

Here is a serious question. Why should taxpayers give you money to buy non nutritional items and then have to listen to you complain that your children are hungry?
Here's another serious question, moron...if taxpayers fund his governorship, disability patrons, etc...than why not address it all. I would love to know what this fat white fuck and his family is doing with my tax dollars at dinner time, don't you?

As for families complaining about being hungry? Hey Christian, pick up a bible you hypocrite and read it sometimes instead of dusting it off every blue moon, you mean spiteful shit for brains mop!!

Healthier food isn't that much more expensive. It helps if you know what, when, and where to purchase.

Who doesn't have access fresh food? Even the stores that cater to low income families still have some fresh produce and lots of canned or desiccated items. People work too much to buy food? Please...
Do me a favor, go eat a steak and then feel better, your completely taking this thing to a whole new sphere and I'm not going there with you.

I've lived in rural areas where there is one store, and it might be many miles away, and it is not well stocked. And the people who live in those rural areas are VERY poor.

Thanks to the feds who shut down all industry and development in those areas.

Do me a favor, go eat a steak and then feel better, your completely taking this thing to a whole new sphere and I'm not going there with you.
Maybe he can't afford a steak. He may not have foodstamps, after all. That's sort of the point.

It's easy to sneer at people for being frugal and resenting the fact that while THEY have to pinch and scrape, people like you, who depend on other people to feed them, are blasé about the availability of food.

Just FYI:

A Bag of Swai Fish cost about six dollars at HEB and has about eight fillets in it. At the local Randall's I can usually get my eggs on sale and have been paying a dollar for a dozen. Then at HEB again I can buy Pancake mix at fifty cents a pack and milk is less than two dollars a half-gallon. Then a box of flavor generic oat meal packets is around two dollars. Rice is over a dollar and half for two pounds of it at HEB. Chicken Bullion Cubs is less than a dollar per box. Bags of Beans can be bought less than a dollar.

Now if I did not cook for myself how the hell would I know the prices of what I buy to feed myself with?

They can buy seeds with their foodstamps. And they can buy vegetable plants. So the answer is..no.

Or you could save the seeds from food you eat. Growing things like tomatoes, even indoors during the winter, is easy.

Not to mention the thousands of farmer's markets across the country; many of which offer fresh produce at a rate of two dollars for every dollar in SNAP benefits used.

Forum List

Back