When Has A U.S. President Saluted An Enemy General?

He doesn't need to prove a point, he just needs to expose you and your failure to *prove points*.

Rocky is the one who stated he knew about military protocol about saluting, when pushed to show that he does he fell well, well short.

I'm sorry you don't understand how this whole prove your point thing works, go troll someone else, you're obviously not here to debate.
there are protocols and courtesies that are part of the president.

White House: Trump Salute of North Korean General Is 'Common Courtesy'

"Former Air Force Lt. Col. Rick Francona told CNN that it was probably a "little awkward" for Trump in that the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, leaving the U.S. and South Korea still technically at war with North Korea.

However, "not to return a salute would be insulting," Francona said. "I think the president was erring on the side of not causing a cultural incident.""

For starters your link is neutral on the issue and you didn't bother to quote the parts you disagree with. Especially the part about this incident being used in a North Korean propaganda movie.

So to my fellow conservatives, the leftist on here wanted trump to insult the NK Military officer and the Dude he wanted to do a deal with. He simply was gracious and courteous and returned a salute. He did not initiate the salute and it is different. and it is different from bowing to a head of state like obammy did. not even in the same book.

No, not insult, just shake the guys hand like a normal president and not salute our enemies. Doesn't mean you have to be rude, that general didn't look like he expected a salute in return anyway.
no, the dude saluted first. that would have been an insult. period. I quoted a military officer that agrees. bTW, that isn't any small deal. you'd never know cause you have no respect for military or the president. it's ok, you can stay a schmuck your whole life. no skin off my back. everyone will just see you as a punk.

The general saluted, by the time Trump was saluting the general was already holding his hand out for a handshake. You're right, it's not a small deal, when you treat your allies worse than your enemies it sends messages to both.

At this point it's getting close to where we can't depend on our allies and they can't depend on us for much of anything. Whether that be holding sanctions against enemy countries, going to war if need be or even providing additional support such as sharing intelligence. If we keep going down this road and shitting on our democratically elected allies then we're not going to have a choice but to lean closer to the regimes of China, Russia and North Korea.
well duh, the President wasn't going to salute, he extended his hand to shake the officer's hand. the officer saluted. you're just too naive to understand the rest. you're simply a punk and will always be a punk. you have no education value to anyone here.

So Trump slaps tariffs on our closest allies, snubs them, bails early on them, and then attacks them via Twitter once he's safely on Air Force One, jets off to see his new BFF Kim Jong Un, a murderous dictator, says we are canceling our military exercises with South Korea (ones that I've taken part in, as well as visiting the DMZ) and if all of that is not bad enough, this moron salutes an enemy General.

This guy is a special kind of stupid.

(What do you think Kim is thinking in this picture? "Holy Shit, the Dotard is even dumber than I thought!")

Next time run an electable candidate cupcake

View attachment 198671

We did. She got 3 million more votes than Trump - in spite of conspiracy theories, fake news, lies, Comey, and Russians.
/——-/ Having the most popular votes in the presidential race is a meaningless statistic. But I understand it’s all you clowns have. Sad and funny.

Like having the most hits and losing the world series.

Like the 1960 Yankees

View attachment 198844
/----/ A perfect analogy that Libtards can understand.
1960 World Series
Dates: October 5 - 13, 1960
New York Yankees 49 runs in 7 games
Pittsburgh Pirates 33 runs in 7 games
Pittsburgh Pirates over New York Yankees (4-3)

Trump Saluted a North Korean General, Setting Off a Debate

Mr. Trump quickly raised his own hand and saluted back.

Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton, a retired United States Army general, criticized the gesture in a statement.

“It is wholly inappropriate for the commander in chief of our armed forces to salute the military of our adversary, especially one which is responsible for a regime of terror, murder and unspeakable horror against its own people,” General Eaton said.

Others pointed out that with North and South Korea still technically at war (a formal peace treaty was never signed), it was inappropriate for Mr. Trump to salute the general of an adversary.
/----/ Another glaring example of
I don't care.jpg

You seem to forget that Trump ran from Vietnam and that there were no wars for Obama to serve in.

How about Desert Storm? Barry the Fairy was 30, well below the cut-off age. Add that to his claim his parents met at the Selma bridge in '65, 4 years after he was born.....which made him 26 when my son and others went over the berm into Kuwait....Barry never showed up.....President Chickenshit.

There was no draft for the Gulf War, Obama didn't have to come up with a make believe illness to avoid fighting it.

Where is your proof that it was a make believe illness? Bone spurs are real, you know.

Trump tried to prove he has them and wasn't able to.
What happened when Trump showed me his foot (opinion) - CNN

Trump was also an athlete and there is no indication that bone spurs were ever a problem.

Bone spurs go away. My wife had them. The condition is actually not pain caused by the bone spurs themselves but by the inflammation of the tissue on the bottom of the foot.
I bet your wife remembered what heel was giving her the trouble

As opposed to bowing?
Obama bowed to the leader of a country because it is the custom. It is not at all the same thing as saluting a general of an enemy country. As well, Bush and Trump aslo bowed inSaudi.

Don't you people know how to think? You can't compare things that are not comparable.

Bowing indicates submission. Returning a salute acknowledges the respect being offered.
Why is our President respecting a genocidal regime?

Oh for Christ's sakes.

The Korean General saluted and Trump, who did go to a military college and knows the response, saluted back.

Big Fucking No Deal.

He went to military school over 50 years ago

Prior to meeting Kim, he should have been briefed about protocols and the impact of certain optics

As usual, Trump was asleep

I'm sure Trump was briefed on protocols, which is why Trump attempted a handshake first...dumbass.
So, Trump let the N. Korean dictate his behavior.

Wow, really!? There is something called being polite, granted that may be a new term for some of you.

How about Desert Storm? Barry the Fairy was 30, well below the cut-off age. Add that to his claim his parents met at the Selma bridge in '65, 4 years after he was born.....which made him 26 when my son and others went over the berm into Kuwait....Barry never showed up.....President Chickenshit.

There was no draft for the Gulf War, Obama didn't have to come up with a make believe illness to avoid fighting it.

Where is your proof that it was a make believe illness? Bone spurs are real, you know.

Trump was also an athlete and there is no indication that bone spurs were ever a problem.

Bone spurs go away. My wife had them. The condition is actually not pain caused by the bone spurs themselves but by the inflammation of the tissue on the bottom of the foot.
/----/ I had bone spurs in both heels. 15 years of pounding the pavement of NYC as a sales rep wearing mandatory wingtips.

/----/ I had bone spurs in both heels. 15 years of pounding the pavement of NYC as a sales rep wearing mandatory wingtips.

And?

Oh for Christ's sakes.

The Korean General saluted and Trump, who did go to a military college and knows the response, saluted back.

Big Fucking No Deal.

Prior to meeting Kim, he should have been briefed about protocols and the impact of certain optics

I'm sure Trump was briefed on protocols, which is why Trump attempted a handshake first...dumbass.

Wow, really!? There is something called being polite, granted that may be a new term for some of you.

You don't have to kiss ass to be polite, a simple handshake will do.

Rocky is the one who stated he knew about military protocol about saluting, when pushed to show that he does he fell well, well short.

I'm sorry you don't understand how this whole prove your point thing works, go troll someone else, you're obviously not here to debate.
there are protocols and courtesies that are part of the president.

White House: Trump Salute of North Korean General Is 'Common Courtesy'

"Former Air Force Lt. Col. Rick Francona told CNN that it was probably a "little awkward" for Trump in that the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, leaving the U.S. and South Korea still technically at war with North Korea.

However, "not to return a salute would be insulting," Francona said. "I think the president was erring on the side of not causing a cultural incident.""

For starters your link is neutral on the issue and you didn't bother to quote the parts you disagree with. Especially the part about this incident being used in a North Korean propaganda movie.

So to my fellow conservatives, the leftist on here wanted trump to insult the NK Military officer and the Dude he wanted to do a deal with. He simply was gracious and courteous and returned a salute. He did not initiate the salute and it is different. and it is different from bowing to a head of state like obammy did. not even in the same book.

No, not insult, just shake the guys hand like a normal president and not salute our enemies. Doesn't mean you have to be rude, that general didn't look like he expected a salute in return anyway.
no, the dude saluted first. that would have been an insult. period. I quoted a military officer that agrees. bTW, that isn't any small deal. you'd never know cause you have no respect for military or the president. it's ok, you can stay a schmuck your whole life. no skin off my back. everyone will just see you as a punk.

The general saluted, by the time Trump was saluting the general was already holding his hand out for a handshake. You're right, it's not a small deal, when you treat your allies worse than your enemies it sends messages to both.

At this point it's getting close to where we can't depend on our allies and they can't depend on us for much of anything. Whether that be holding sanctions against enemy countries, going to war if need be or even providing additional support such as sharing intelligence. If we keep going down this road and shitting on our democratically elected allies then we're not going to have a choice but to lean closer to the regimes of China, Russia and North Korea.
well duh, the President wasn't going to salute, he extended his hand to shake the officer's hand. the officer saluted. you're just too naive to understand the rest. you're simply a punk and will always be a punk. you have no education value to anyone here.
/----/ We all know that Obozo saluted when he met Kim and the Generals ---- oh wait. Never mind.
obama smooking weed.jpg

Oh for Christ's sakes.

Big Fucking No Deal.

Once again, watch the tape, he started with a handshake.

And?
/----/ Just sayin. I know how painful they are. I had to hide it from my boss because it meant I couldn't cover my territory. My Chiropractor told me to get the heel insoles with a split in them to take the pressure off and I was able to work. It took a year for them to heal.

Once again, watch the tape, he started with a handshake.
/-----/ Let's go to the video tape
no one cares .JPG

So Trump slaps tariffs on our closest allies, snubs them, bails early on them, and then attacks them via Twitter once he's safely on Air Force One, jets off to see his new BFF Kim Jong Un, a murderous dictator, says we are canceling our military exercises with South Korea (ones that I've taken part in, as well as visiting the DMZ) and if all of that is not bad enough, this moron salutes an enemy General.

(What do you think Kim is thinking in this picture? "Holy Shit, the Dotard is even dumber than I thought!")

The North Korean officer saluted trump first; Trump simply returned the salute. I've seen Bush and Obama return salutes before. The one at fault was the North Korean soldier who saluted, but didn't maintain the salute until acknowledged (i.e., a returned salute or the president passed him by). I've seen other presidents return salutes to military saluting them and I've seen presidents just pass by the saluting troops.

The North Korean officer saluted trump first; Trump simply returned the salute. I've seen Bush and Obama return salutes before. This is a non-issue.
dude, it's how it was reported. the fake left posted the picture rather than run the video to make it look like our president saluted the officer with his hand out. soooooo fake, just exposes them again in their continued trump syndrome issues.

Forum List

Back