When Has A U.S. President Saluted An Enemy General?

ok------so trump made a mistake------BEYOND the usual hoof in mouth.
He can learn

Can he though? He's 72 and he's saluting a North Korean general, maybe he should have prepped but I'm pretty sure it should have been obvious to him that you don't do that.
he returned a salute. He wasn't you and had respect for the situation and the event and the soldier. he gives his life as well.

I'm not sure when returning a salute was not a salute.

If Trump had the opportunity to meet with his spirit animal Joseph Goebbels and Goebbels saluted do you think it would be appropriate for Trump to salute back?

Well, that's another false and to be honest rather odd statement. Maybe I am just your imagination and if you can't tell the difference then seek help.

You keep doing this. I don't care about your personal life. You can't even spell Torrey right.

Anyway, a cut on your forehead vs. being seen by a doctor for a medical condition which inhibits one enough that they are unable to march are two different things. Like I said, the doc had info on the appendectomy which occurred more than a decade before the bone spurs.

Also, again, for something as painful as bone spurs Trump couldn't even remember what foot they were on (both according to his campaign). They magically came and went within a year, nope, sounds fishy.

That's because you are stupid.

I have wasted enough time on you. You are a hopeless sack of shit with the ability to type on a keyboard, and that is the extent of your talents.

We have tried to educate you on numerous topics but you cling to your stupidity like a child holds his "blankie" for security.

I will not reply to your asinine comments anymore on this thread.

Now, go wallow in your stupid. Mommie probably has the tub filled up with it for you to soak your head.
That's why she's primarily ignored on this site.

But you can't stop talking about him. Nor is Rocky able to prove a point.

He doesn't need to prove a point, he just needs to expose you and your failure to *prove points*.

Rocky is the one who stated he knew about military protocol about saluting, when pushed to show that he does he fell well, well short.

I'm sorry you don't understand how this whole prove your point thing works, go troll someone else, you're obviously not here to debate.

You're wrong about that, too. I do know how it works, which is why I know you're incompetent. You post lies, and then you pretend it's up to us to *prove* the lie..when you haven't proven the assertion.

When you don't prove the assertion, there is no need for the other side to *prove points*. You failed to *prove your point* and that ends the *debate*.

Get it? Eh? Hello?

He can learn

Can he though? He's 72 and he's saluting a North Korean general, maybe he should have prepped but I'm pretty sure it should have been obvious to him that you don't do that.

what is wrong with 72 ? I HAVE A PERSONAL REASON FOR ASKING----
junior
he thinks your senile

You just can't help but lie, can you?

He can learn

he returned a salute. He wasn't you and had respect for the situation and the event and the soldier. he gives his life as well.

If Trump had the opportunity to meet with his spirit animal Joseph Goebbels and Goebbels saluted do you think it would be appropriate for Trump to salute back?

Goebbels is Obama's spirit animal. You people are hilarious.

Barack and Michelle Obama Sign Netflix Production Deal

I have wasted enough time on you. You are a hopeless sack of shit with the ability to type on a keyboard, and that is the extent of your talents.

We have tried to educate you on numerous topics but you cling to your stupidity like a child holds his "blankie" for security.

Now, go wallow in your stupid. Mommie probably has the tub filled up with it for you to soak your head.

He doesn't need to prove a point, he just needs to expose you and your failure to *prove points*.

Rocky is the one who stated he knew about military protocol about saluting, when pushed to show that he does he fell well, well short.

I'm sorry you don't understand how this whole prove your point thing works, go troll someone else, you're obviously not here to debate.

You're wrong about that, too. I do know how it works, which is why I know you're incompetent. You post lies, and then you pretend it's up to us to *prove* the lie..when you haven't proven the assertion.

When you don't prove the assertion, there is no need for the other side to *prove points*. You failed to *prove your point* and that ends the *debate*.

Get it? Eh? Hello?

Let's see, Rocky insisted military protocol dictates that when saluted to you must return the salute. I've asked him to back up that point and he hasn't. If anything he's done the opposite.

Yep, you don't know how to debate.

So Trump slaps tariffs on our closest allies, snubs them, bails early on them, and then attacks them via Twitter once he's safely on Air Force One, jets off to see his new BFF Kim Jong Un, a murderous dictator, says we are canceling our military exercises with South Korea (ones that I've taken part in, as well as visiting the DMZ) and if all of that is not bad enough, this moron salutes an enemy General.

This guy is a special kind of stupid.

(What do you think Kim is thinking in this picture? "Holy Shit, the Dotard is even dumber than I thought!")

Next time run an electable candidate cupcake

View attachment 198671
There it is. Gotta deflect to Hillary. It’s all you assholes know how to do when desperately trying to defend Trump.

Trump Saluted a North Korean General, Setting Off a Debate

Mr. Trump quickly raised his own hand and saluted back.

Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton, a retired United States Army general, criticized the gesture in a statement.

“It is wholly inappropriate for the commander in chief of our armed forces to salute the military of our adversary, especially one which is responsible for a regime of terror, murder and unspeakable horror against its own people,” General Eaton said.

Others pointed out that with North and South Korea still technically at war (a formal peace treaty was never signed), it was inappropriate for Mr. Trump to salute the general of an adversary.

Yet,, I have pointed out repeatedly that military personnel salute the officers in other country' militaries the same as they do ours, even when we are at war with them.

The General is being a political hack and thus, an idiot for saying something so stupid.

He can learn

See what I mean? Can't even answer a simple question, instead you have to change the subject.

I'm sure you got your foot caught up in your twat over Sarah Palin's Alaska too, hypocrite.

As opposed to bowing?

Yes, I agree. I wasn't there to see the full context of the salute, so while I wince a little, I'd like more before I pass judgement, but I'd rather see a salute---- I'm sure presidents have saluted generals of other countries and maybe Trump was just trying to say: "We are not enemies anymore and I'll take the first step," than I would like to see him bow in subservience like Obama.

obama-bows-saudi-king.jpg
6a00d8341c630a53ef0128759fd303970c-600wi.jpg

Well, that's another false and to be honest rather odd statement. Maybe I am just your imagination and if you can't tell the difference then seek help.

You keep doing this. I don't care about your personal life. You can't even spell Torrey right.

Anyway, a cut on your forehead vs. being seen by a doctor for a medical condition which inhibits one enough that they are unable to march are two different things. Like I said, the doc had info on the appendectomy which occurred more than a decade before the bone spurs.

Also, again, for something as painful as bone spurs Trump couldn't even remember what foot they were on (both according to his campaign). They magically came and went within a year, nope, sounds fishy.

there are protocols and courtesies that are part of the president.

White House: Trump Salute of North Korean General Is 'Common Courtesy'

"Former Air Force Lt. Col. Rick Francona told CNN that it was probably a "little awkward" for Trump in that the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, leaving the U.S. and South Korea still technically at war with North Korea.

However, "not to return a salute would be insulting," Francona said. "I think the president was erring on the side of not causing a cultural incident.""

So to my fellow conservatives, the leftist on here wanted trump to insult the NK Military officer and the Dude he wanted to do a deal with. He simply was gracious and courteous and returned a salute. He did not initiate the salute and it is different. and it is different from bowing to a head of state like obammy did. not even in the same book.

So Trump slaps tariffs on our closest allies, snubs them, bails early on them, and then attacks them via Twitter once he's safely on Air Force One, jets off to see his new BFF Kim Jong Un, a murderous dictator, says we are canceling our military exercises with South Korea (ones that I've taken part in, as well as visiting the DMZ) and if all of that is not bad enough, this moron salutes an enemy General.

(What do you think Kim is thinking in this picture? "Holy Shit, the Dotard is even dumber than I thought!")

You don't ike your enemy. Wow. Stop the presses.

How many times are you idiots going to start the same thread

He can learn

See what I mean? Can't even answer a simple question, instead you have to change the subject.

I'm sure you got your foot caught up in your twat over Sarah Palin's Alaska too, hypocrite.

Your stupidity doesn't deserve a serious response.
But you are fun to laugh at.

Next time run an electable candidate cupcake

View attachment 198671

We did. She got 3 million more votes than Trump - in spite of conspiracy theories, fake news, lies, Comey, and Russians.
So?

Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton, a retired United States Army general, criticized the gesture in a statement.

“It is wholly inappropriate for the commander in chief of our armed forces to salute the military of our adversary, especially one which is responsible for a regime of terror, murder and unspeakable horror against its own people,” General Eaton said.

Others pointed out that with North and South Korea still technically at war (a formal peace treaty was never signed), it was inappropriate for Mr. Trump to salute the general of an adversary.

Yet,, I have pointed out repeatedly that military personnel salute the officers in other country' militaries the same as they do ours, even when we are at war with them.

No you haven't, you brought up how POWs are to salute equal or higher ranking officers of their captors as per a WWII field manual that relates to POWs only. That in noway fits how a president should salute to rogue state like North Korea.

Actually, all you proved was a single picture with little context.

The General is being a political hack and thus, an idiot for saying something so stupid.

The general, a provable member of the military is called a qualified source. You, an anonymous poster are not.

When Has A U.S. President Saluted An Enemy General?

But isn't that the point, dummkopf? The point of the accord was to establish peace between our countries and NK no longer being an enemy state? Or are you just hoping it doesn't hold for fear that Trump might still get that Nobel Prize?

He can learn

it's called respectful and not insulting. Especially when in a few moments the president was going to ask Un to denuclerize his country. yeah, he wanted to fk that up by not simply extending courtesy to an enemy officer. your just an ass and always will be one.

there are protocols and courtesies that are part of the president.

White House: Trump Salute of North Korean General Is 'Common Courtesy'

"Former Air Force Lt. Col. Rick Francona told CNN that it was probably a "little awkward" for Trump in that the 1950-53 Korean War ended with an armistice, leaving the U.S. and South Korea still technically at war with North Korea.

However, "not to return a salute would be insulting," Francona said. "I think the president was erring on the side of not causing a cultural incident.""

So to my fellow conservatives, the leftist on here wanted trump to insult the NK Military officer and the Dude he wanted to do a deal with. He simply was gracious and courteous and returned a salute. He did not initiate the salute and it is different. and it is different from bowing to a head of state like obammy did. not even in the same book.
Of course they want him to insult NK. They want him to fail at diplomacy, and for more people to die.

No you haven't, you brought up how POWs are to salute equal or higher ranking officers of their captors as per a WWII field manual that relates to POWs only. That in noway fits how a president should salute to rogue state like North Korea.

Actually, all you proved was a single picture with little context.

The general, a provable member of the military is called a qualified source. You, an anonymous poster are not.
Who gives a shit? There is something seriously wrong with you morons

this is the perfect damned if you do and damned if you don't moment, and the left eat this shit up like they are starved.

Forum List

Back