When is something "facist"

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I find it funny that liberals condemn say, Ottawa truckers as "fascist" when the government is forcing things on US. We tell the fucking government WHAT to do, that's called democracy. When the government tells US what to do, THAT is called fascism.

Last edited:
I find it funny that liberals condemn say, Ottawa truckers as "fascist" when the government is forcing things on US. We tell the fucking government WHAT to do, that's called democracy. When the government tells US what to do, THAT is called fascism.

In a dying democracy, only the people can resuscitate it.

When is something "facist"​

:desk: :desk: WHEN A PROGRESSIVE SAYS SO? :desk: :desk:

The very people who shoved an illegal election down our throats, then through Biden have pulled so much CRAP they NEVER would have allowed Trump to do, CREATING the cancel culture-- pure fascism itself are the ones now crying foul because these people have taken a stand against the fascist, jack-booted Trudeau regime.

Come hell or high water, those truckers are either going to win or you'll need to dig their dead, frozen stiff corpses out of those trucks.

Then who will be driving all those trucks?

Trudeau has already LOST no matter HOW this ends. He can lose with grace or totally muck it up, thus proving their point.

Strictly speaking, the term “Fascist” refers to a very specific sort of relationship between government, industry, and the people. Like “Nazi”, “Communist”, and perhaps some other related terms, it has come to be used more broadly to simply describe government that is too tyrannical, abusive, and authoritative.

Of course, we're seeing it in very recent years, that those on the left wrong are using the term “fascist” as a slur against those who oppose government-based tyranny, abuse, and authoritarianism.

It's rather like Orwell's famous triplet…
  • Freedom is slavery!
  • War is peace!
  • Ignorance is strength!

• Banned

Treudau praises truckers, then condemns them . I have to remind some of you, WE tell YOU what to do, We plebes. We don't want these fucking lock downs and vaccines and they don't work, that's the science,

Last edited:
  • Banned
PM Trudeau fled and hid under the premise he had covid, despite being double vaxed and so forth. Ironically, that's what we can expect from vaccinations, then? We have to enforce a vaccine that doesn't even keep the prime minister of Canada from getting covid? Really?

at the Ottawa protest, theyve seen confederate flags and neo-nazi flags, and qanon. It doesnt mean the protest in fascist, but there are a few nuts there.

Strictly speaking, the term “Fascist” refers to a very specific sort of relationship between government, industry, and the people.

And there is now appearing many close "relationships" between government and "private corporations" at many levels trying to effect many things, but all with ONE ACTION in common intended: to limit or filter the direction and free exchange of information vital to people's lives to effect greater control of the population no matter how deserved or how unjust because their "customers" are THAT UNSATISFIED with the product they produce, and so to avoid going out of business due to lack of sales, are now trying to tell people they HAVE to buy in no matter how bad the bread stinks.

Nobody wants to harm Canadian democracy here. I say this again: This is the vox populi, and only fascist want to end that.

Actually under the pretext of a democracy society dictates the standards of compliance, however, under a republic one is empowered with individual rights that preempt societies and governments dictates, yet under fascism compliance is forced and dictated by the central governing body, as they see fit, regardless of individual rights in the name of the “whole”. Under a fascist government everyone must comply to the dictates originating from the central government. A democratic form of government can evolve into a fascist state or oligarchy by a simple majority vote. When one is silenced you have a problem which is what we have today, simply speak against the government’s narrative and your immediately ostracized and shut down. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Well, aside from the fact that the US is NOT democratic and the rich tell the people what to do all the time, I'd assume that the current FPTP system is massively FASCIST.

Only two viable parties to choose from, most people vote negatively. With Proportional Representation people are free to vote for many viable parties without fearing their vote will be lost.

Did you know the state which had the most votes for Trump in 2020 was California? And yet not a single one of those votes went towards Trump.

Well truckers aren't rich and certaly don't
Well, aside from the fact that the US is NOT democratic and the rich tell the people what to do all the time, I'd assume that the current FPTP system is massively FASCIST.

Only two viable parties to choose from, most people vote negatively. With Proportional Representation people are free to vote for many viable parties without fearing their vote will be lost.

Did you know the state which had the most votes for Trump in 2020 was California? And yet not a single one of those votes went towards Trump.
That went no where fast. The Truckers aren't necessarily political. More like a symptom or an archetype against the elitists dictating stuff.

Well truckers aren't rich and certaly don't

That went no where fast. The Truckers aren't necessarily political. More like a symptom or an archetype against the elitists dictating stuff.

Well, we're dealing with what you said first. And this also relates to the other post that you wrote concerning fascism.

You're equating fascism as anti-Democratic. Fascism is when certain people make decisions without taking into account the "will of the people". Well, that's the US. Though I don't equate the US with a fascist state. Certainly the US is something not good, but not fascist.

Is Canada fascist? No. Are the truckers? No.

They want to protest and perhaps some people who are pushing it have their aims and goals while the average trucker has different goals and they've merged.

They want the government to listen. Well, really there need to be avenues for such things, like if they stop the government can have a referendum on the issue and see where people stand. That's listening.

Well, we're dealing with what you said first. And this also relates to the other post that you wrote concerning fascism.

You're equating fascism as anti-Democratic. Fascism is when certain people make decisions without taking into account the "will of the people". Well, that's the US. Though I don't equate the US with a fascist state. Certainly the US is something not good, but not fascist.

Is Canada fascist? No. Are the truckers? No.

They want to protest and perhaps some people who are pushing it have their aims and goals while the average trucker has different goals and they've merged.

They want the government to listen. Well, really there need to be avenues for such things, like if they stop the government can have a referendum on the issue and see where people stand. That's listening.
Sorry, when a duly so called and elected democratic government forces their will on us plebes, then the entire concept of democracy is lost. WE are supposed to tell the FUCKING government what to do, not the other way 'round. you got that, mate?

Sorry, when a duly so called and elected democratic government forces their will on us plebes, then the entire concept of democracy is lost. WE are supposed to tell the FUCKING government what to do, not the other way 'round. you got that, mate?

I'm not really sure you understand what "democracy" is.

Canada uses FPTP, the current Liberal government got LESS votes than the Conservatives and yet got 184 seats to 99. That's NOT Democracy, is it?

It's not what the people wanted. The FPTP system skews everything to begin with, then decides who the winner is.

But the whole way it works is that people vote every four years, and then that government gets to do whatever the hell it likes. It then faces the electorate four years later for another attempt.

It doesn't work that the government is elected and then does whatever "the people" want. How do you know what the people want? All we know is the people wanted these political parties and ended up with something different anyway.

The Canadian people have two ways of communicating with their government (beyond lobbying), one is at the election box, the other is by protesting. It's how it works.

You seem to think there's pure democracy, there isn't.

Lets examine this: Trudeau was vaccinated, but he still got Covid. Think about that.

Fully vaxed, fully boosted, and he says he got COVID. So now, he's gone into hiding to avoid spreading it to others.

Kind of puts the lie to his defense of a tyrannical mandate that others must take the same dangerous, experimental drugs that he has taken, in order to prevent them from catching COVID and spreading it to others, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back