When Newt mentioned going to the moon he was crazy, but when Obama mentioned goin to

Uh, Gingrich wanted to COLONIZE the moon. Not simply visit it. The colonization part being the crucial weird ingredient. If you missed that, no wonder you are so clueless about the ordeal.
Seems to me that a moon colony would be far more beneficial to the US and to humanity as a whole than simply visiting Mars then coming home.

But then, I'm not an Obamabot.

Well, no. I'm not.

I like Newt, but I don't see any benefit to a moon colony other than, "It would be neat to do". Visiting Mars would have a bit more scientific value because astronauts can do things that robots can't do, and they can bring back samples for analsys.

Both would be ridiculously expensive and last time I checked, we were broke. We need to fix the bigger economic problems first. We need to get our manufacturing back on track. We need to fix our education system. When we have those things fixed, the cool stuff will follow, because that's how we got the Moon Program in the 1970's, the culmination of the American Century.

The Democrats want to put the whole country on welfare and the Republicans want to make us all serfs to big corporations. Neither is a recipe for greatness.

While it's true that Republicans want to make us serfs to big corporations, it's NOT true that Democrats want to put the whole country on welfare. That's just a talking point from the right. Ridiculous to even consider.

Yeah, my point is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I can live in a space station floating in the earth's orbit, but that doesn't make space habitable. In order for a planet or moon to be habitable, it requires liquid water and an atmosphere that can sustain life. ARtificial atmospheres don't make a planet habitable.

I can't believe that you're actually arguing over this. :lol::lol::lol:
It has been discovered that there are huge reservoirs of almost pure water in lunar polar craters. Equipment to mine it has been design-awarded by NASA.

So? Does the Moon have oxygen? No, it doesn't; therefore, the moon is not habitable.
But we were THERE beagn in July 1969...

YOU are an idiot.

We cannot exist underwater of our own planet either but have Submarines that can stay under for prolonged periods....and sustain LIFE.

YOU really don't think too well, do you?

What part of 'has NOT been ruled out' did you fail to see?

*Idiot*

What part of "artificial environments are not considered in the definition of habitability" do you not understand?

*Mor. On.*
Son/ What was the Lunar Module? What is the ISS? Man made structures so WE can be there. And this cannot be done on the moon beacuse__________________________?

You lack imagination, but posess a plethora of political dogsqueeze.

Take your pick for the future assclown.

Son? Manmade structures do not make an environment habitable. Christ, put down the bottle and Google it. This is common-fucking-sense.

Come on guys. It's "liberal" scientists who would be inventing the technology that would take us wherever we go in space. Republicans don't believe in education. They think science is a faith. Until they can "prove" that magical creation has some basis in science, they should stay out of the discussion. Everything they touch turns to shit. A space mission involving Republicans would be just another Republican disaster.

It has been discovered that there are huge reservoirs of almost pure water in lunar polar craters. Equipment to mine it has been design-awarded by NASA.

So? Does the Moon have oxygen? No, it doesn't; therefore, the moon is not habitable.
But we were THERE beagn in July 1969...

YOU are an idiot.

We cannot exist underwater of our own planet either but have Submarines that can stay under for prolonged periods....and sustain LIFE.

YOU really don't think too well, do you?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What part of "artificial environments are not considered in the definition of habitability" do you not understand?

*Mor. On.*
Son/ What was the Lunar Module? What is the ISS? Man made structures so WE can be there. And this cannot be done on the moon beacuse__________________________?

You lack imagination, but posess a plethora of political dogsqueeze.

Take your pick for the future assclown.

Son? Manmade structures do not make an environment habitable. Christ, put down the bottle and Google it. This is common-fucking-sense.
But but...I though you libs were all about Science...Science says we can...and fuck Google. History says otherwise.

Yeah, my point is that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I can live in a space station floating in the earth's orbit, but that doesn't make space habitable. In order for a planet or moon to be habitable, it requires liquid water and an atmosphere that can sustain life. ARtificial atmospheres don't make a planet habitable.

I can't believe that you're actually arguing over this. :lol::lol::lol:

you are a complete and utter moron. you have no scientific knowledge. none. you spout nonsense as Gospel, and whine like the bitch you are when called on it.

Republican presidential contender Newt Gingrich called on Wednesday for a base on the moon and an expanded federal purse for prize money to stimulate private-sector space projects.

"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American," Gingrich said.

"We will have commercial near-Earth activities that include science, tourism and manufacturing, because it is in our interest to acquire so much experience in space that we clearly have a capacity that the Chinese and the Russians will never come anywhere close to matching," he said

Gingrich said he wanted to spend 10 percent of NASA's $18 billion budget on prize money for competitions that spur innovation and technological breakthroughs in space.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80P05K20120126

Finally
Water is abundant at the poles - NASA

Come on guys. It's "liberal" scientists who would be inventing the technology that would take us wherever we go in space. Republicans don't believe in education. They think science is a faith. Until they can "prove" that magical creation has some basis in science, they should stay out of the discussion. Everything they touch turns to shit. A space mission involving Republicans would be just another Republican disaster.

Many of those future liberal scientists that you say we republicans don't want to educate don't need to worry about it. They will be aborted before birth by fools like you.

Now eat some crow dickhead.

you are a complete and utter moron. you have no scientific knowledge. none. you spout nonsense as Gospel, and whine like the bitch you are when called on it.

Alright, Conservatwit has joined in on the party. Please, MR. Scientist, tell me how the Moon and outer space are habitable :lol:

Many of those future liberal scientists that you say we republicans don't want to educate don't need to worry about it. They will be aborted before birth by fools like you.

Now eat some crow dickhead.
What has deany-bub so upset is that those he deems a 'Republicans' are talking science despite his insistance that we...didn't belive in it...so he's gotta say something...his issue has been stolen in his miind. HE will have no part of it...

Alright, Conservatwit has joined in on the party. Please, MR. Scientist, tell me how the Moon and outer space are habitable :lol:

As hard as you may try this thread

IS NOT ABOUT THE HABITABILITY OF ANY SPACE OBJECT

Get a grip son

Get a grip son

Right...the OP isn't; but you, The T and Daveman have been arguing for the last 2 pages that the Moon and outer space are habitable. How soon you forget your own ridiculousness :lol:

Get a grip son

Right...the OP isn't; but you, The T and Daveman have been arguing for the last 2 pages that the Moon and outer space are habitable. How soon you forget your own ridiculousness :lol:

No, YOU have been arguing habitability. We have TRIED to clue you into the actual discussion but your partisan hearing aid will not let logic pass.

There is no question that people can live on the moon.
It does not have what it takes to sustain life so we need to bring or make our own once there much in the same way we have to do in many places on Earth.
We need to provide our own heat in cold places, our own water in dry places, our own food many places and so on.
Living off planet really would not be so very different from what we do now.

Forum List

Back