When Trump says Obama left him with “broken” tests for a novel virus, do his supporters automatically believe it?

Trump dumped the pandemic-response plan prepared by the Obama administration, fired the pandemic-responsive team, and then complains that Obama left behind faulty tests for a virus that didn't even exist at the time that Obama left office. This level of idiocy is beyond belief.

I have to know if the line is drawn somewhere when it comes to Trump’s low-effort bullshitting that doesn’t make any sense.

"The last administration left us nothing. We started off with bad, broken tests, and obsolete tests,” Trump asserted, prompting Acosta to jump in and ask: “You say ‘broken tests’ — it’s a new virus, so how could the tests be broken?”

Ummmm I don't see where the president named any single test.....I watched that presser and he was referring to the testing system....see how fake news works.....
Hey moron, they are talking about the Coronavirus so any mentioning of testing is relevant to that.
No they were not...Trump was answering a question about the availability of tests and Trump said what was quoted....he was not referring to a single test but the system to find one....for any virus....He followed up with Obama left the cupboards bare....very irresponsible reporting of what took place....I watched it live....
It was Trump that gutted our ability to prepare for a pandemic, NOT Obama:

Over the past three years, the Trump administration has drastically reduced a team working in China to identify global health threats like Covid-19, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. The initiative’s 11 CDC staffers have been cut to three people, while 39 workers classed as “local employees” have been reduced to 11 people.
The administration disbanded the national security council’s directorate charged with global health and has sought to go further still, requesting budget cuts from the CDC of up to 20% for each of the past three years, only to be rebuffed by Congress.

Forum List

Back