Where Are You From?

Isn't where you are FROM and where you have lived two different things? :eusa_think: You can only be from ONE place. :dunno: I am from Massachusetts.

But is it where you born or grew up? I was born at North western hospital Chicago but grew up in wheeling Illinois,

I would think it was where you grew up, where you spent most of your childhood, where you went to school. Some people have moved around a bit as children too I suppose though. That must suck.

I didn't move around till I was 38.. (I mean out of state) exactly the place you grew up in is where your from, the bonds you had will never leave you...I lived in Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee when I went ballistic after my wife died but a few years there a few months there doesn't count.

Isn't where you are FROM and where you have lived two different things? :eusa_think: You can only be from ONE place. :dunno: I am from Massachusetts.

Speaking of Massachusetts one time I was considering transferring to Worcester (with my job), I even got an apartment, paid a grand in a lease , but I was to home sick , to young and decided not to go.

But is it where you born or grew up? I was born at North western hospital Chicago but grew up in wheeling Illinois,

I would think it was where you grew up, where you spent most of your childhood, where you went to school. Some people have moved around a bit as children too I suppose though. That must suck.

I didn't move around till I was 38.. (I mean out of state) exactly the place you grew up in is where your from, the bonds you had will never leave you...I lived in Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee when I went ballistic after my wife died but a few years there a few months there doesn't count.

Yeah, the place you were raised, and if you were raised in a few different places, then the one you felt the most connected with. Must be hard on those kids who were moved around from place to place. Just when they would make friends and start to feel at home, then they would have to move again. I don't think that's a very good life for a kid. They need stability and routine in their lives. But what can you do if your job requires it?

Yeah, the place you were raised, and if you were raised in a few different places, then the one you felt the most connected with. Must be hard on those kids who were moved around from place to place. Just when they would make friends and start to feel at home, then they would have to move again. I don't think that's a very good life for a kid. They need stability and routine in their lives. But what can you do if your job requires it?

Quit

Actually I'm from Richmond Va....lived in Minneapolis for about six years.....back to Virginia, and now in Florida.

Quit

You can't always just up and quit your job. Then you could be homeless, and it is better to have many homes than no home.

Northern burbs...Glenview, attended HS in Northbrook, then after graduation Rolling Meadows and Palatine.

Used to be neighbors. Wheeling high school

Back in HS we used to hang out in the forest preserves around Wheeling.

Sherry Thompson? ( I would laugh my ass off if it was you)

Damn #1 and potawamni (spl?)

Nope. I attended GBN and graduated in '87.

I dated a girl named sherry who went to Glenview and I am pretty sure she was 4 years younger then me... i am not picking on you but it would be weird as heck, you remember the old airport across the street from ace hardware...dundee road? You ever hang out at Doris tree top inn...wait you would be to young gators on Milwaukee ave?

We didn't go west of Milwaukee. The only airport I recall was the base off Willow east of Shermer where we'd drag race. Our spot in the forest preserves was mainly behind Bob Chinn's Crab House.

Used to be neighbors. Wheeling high school

Back in HS we used to hang out in the forest preserves around Wheeling.

Sherry Thompson? ( I would laugh my ass off if it was you)

Damn #1 and potawamni (spl?)

Nope. I attended GBN and graduated in '87.

I dated a girl named sherry who went to Glenview and I am pretty sure she was 4 years younger then me... i am not picking on you but it would be weird as heck, you remember the old airport across the street from ace hardware...dundee road? You ever hang out at Doris tree top inn...wait you would be to young gators on Milwaukee ave?

We didn't go west of Milwaukee. The only airport I recall was the base off Willow east of Shermer where we'd drag race. Our spot in the forest preserves was mainly behind Bob Chinn's Crab House.

Dundee turns into willow road right? it's been along time, yea behind Bob Chinns is potawamni..where they used to race RC boats I still remember a Easter egg hint there when I was like 6 years old..

And it's funny your right sherry us wheeling guys never went much over the toll way, and you guys never much came into are neck of the woods ..

Btw you still live around there? I have not been back since 2008 I heard it has grown.

I was born and raised in Massachusetts and I STILL live here. I am so lame. :rolleyes:

When I was checking out the area, two things I was uncomfortable with was how come no one has any garages and where the heck was the fast food places ?

I was born and raised in Massachusetts and I STILL live here. I am so lame. :rolleyes:

Do you have a Boston accent like Dante?

I try to stifle my accent as much as I can, but I'm sure I have a bit of an accent when I say some words or whatever. In fact, I worked with a girl who was from Rhode Island, and she knew that I was from Massachusetts. The accent varies though, depending on what part of MA you are from. Some areas have a more accentuated accent. :D

When I was checking out the area, two things I was uncomfortable with was how come no one has any garages and where the heck was the fast food places ?

I'm not too familiar with Worcester, but we have plenty of fast food places and garages around here!

BTW, how do you say "Worcester"? :D

I'm not too familiar with Worcester, but we have plenty of fast food places and garages around here!

Shut up people was making fun of me all the time...like also how i didn't know how to pronounce Augusta Georgia ..when I lived there for a few months

:badgrin:

Shut up people was making fun of me all the time...like also how i didn't know how to pronounce Augusta Georgia ..when I lived there for a few months

:badgrin:

It's "Woosta." Lol!

Do you have a Boston accent like Dante?

I try to stifle my accent as much as I can, but I'm sure I have a bit of an accent when I say some words or whatever. In fact, I worked with a girl who was from Rhode Island, and she knew that I was from Massachusetts. The accent varies though, depending on what part of MA you are from. Some areas have a more accentuated accent. :D

Massachusetts people have my favorite accent to listen to.

Btw boston?

Loved that town my girlfriend lived out there while going to Boston college, she got a job as a nanny while living there, those old houses are huge...and so cool, that house was like four story's and must of had 10 bedrooms ...

Forum List

Back