Where do you think all this division and hatred in America is leading?

You lose me when you try and define millions of people by the words and actions of a few. It is a lazy way of debating. Take issue with people specifically. I had plenty of problems with Hillary, but I just laugh when people think that dissing hillary is dissing me because of some liberal views that we may share.

Hil-liar is more than just one person, she was the presidential candidate for the Democrat party. Did you play the video? Did you hear the round of applauds after she said that???? It's much more than a few people.
I still stand by the point that if you can't engage with each person for what they say and continuously lump them into a single candidate or a group of supporters, then you are making a lazy argument. The Left does it for Trump supporters and the Right does it to Liberals and Progressives. It is counterproductive... gets us nowhere.

It gets us everywhere because you need to know how your adversary thinks and stands.

If I listen to a Democrat, I see an American with a different political view than mine. If a Democrat listens to me, he sees his mortal enemy speaking.
I think many from the Right see a mortal enemy when they see a Democrat as well, it goes both ways. I listen to conservative talk radio and people like Rush, and Levin and Hannity have turned the word "Liberalism" into an end of the world scenario. The rhetoric is dishonest and out of control.

It is beyond, knowing how your adversary thinks and stands. I think that term "adversary" is counter productive. We are all citizens of the same country and believe it or not, most of us share common goals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We might have different ideas on how to get there, but I think the commonalities get lost when people talk like we are at war with each other and then it all becomes about the war.

Adversary is counter productive but "enemy" which got Hillary a round of cheers is not?

We do not share the same goals. We on the right do not share the goals of calling guys--girls simply because they put on a dress and allow them into our daughters dressing room. We do not share the goal of disarming the public. We do not share the goal of removing religion out of society. We do not share the goal of more government dependency. We do not share the goal of sissifying our schools, military, football and yes, even our boy scouts.

We on the right believe in the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The left believes in controlled life, selective liberty, and the guarantee of happiness by the government.
See it is your perspective that is off. We share common goals to have liberty and freedom. Conservatives once fought against equal rights for women, and blacks, and gays all which, thankfully, were pushed through by the Liberal/progressive movement. We all want safety and less murder, we all want freedom of religion... I think you'd be surprised with how many on the "Left" don't want a bigger bloated government, they have many of the same frustrations with bureaucracy as conservatives. Look at the Bernie crew. Yes there are many many similarities, the same frustrations, the same wants to be free and support good values. If you can't see that then you've got some pretty thick blinders on. Maybe look a little harder for those areas of commonality and actually open yourself to seeing that there are good hearted people who are smart with the right intensions on the other side of the aisle. You might be surprised. You might learn something and achieve the ability to communicate in a way where they will actually listen to your perspective as well.

Hil-liar is more than just one person, she was the presidential candidate for the Democrat party. Did you play the video? Did you hear the round of applauds after she said that???? It's much more than a few people.
I still stand by the point that if you can't engage with each person for what they say and continuously lump them into a single candidate or a group of supporters, then you are making a lazy argument. The Left does it for Trump supporters and the Right does it to Liberals and Progressives. It is counterproductive... gets us nowhere.

It gets us everywhere because you need to know how your adversary thinks and stands.

If I listen to a Democrat, I see an American with a different political view than mine. If a Democrat listens to me, he sees his mortal enemy speaking.
I think many from the Right see a mortal enemy when they see a Democrat as well, it goes both ways. I listen to conservative talk radio and people like Rush, and Levin and Hannity have turned the word "Liberalism" into an end of the world scenario. The rhetoric is dishonest and out of control.

It is beyond, knowing how your adversary thinks and stands. I think that term "adversary" is counter productive. We are all citizens of the same country and believe it or not, most of us share common goals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We might have different ideas on how to get there, but I think the commonalities get lost when people talk like we are at war with each other and then it all becomes about the war.

Adversary is counter productive but "enemy" which got Hillary a round of cheers is not?

We do not share the same goals. We on the right do not share the goals of calling guys--girls simply because they put on a dress and allow them into our daughters dressing room. We do not share the goal of disarming the public. We do not share the goal of removing religion out of society. We do not share the goal of more government dependency. We do not share the goal of sissifying our schools, military, football and yes, even our boy scouts.

We on the right believe in the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The left believes in controlled life, selective liberty, and the guarantee of happiness by the government.
See it is your perspective that is off. We share common goals to have liberty and freedom. Conservatives once fought against equal rights for women, and blacks, and gays all which, thankfully, were pushed through by the Liberal/progressive movement. We all want safety and less murder, we all want freedom of religion... I think you'd be surprised with how many on the "Left" don't want a bigger bloated government, they have many of the same frustrations with bureaucracy as conservatives. Look at the Bernie crew. Yes there are many many similarities, the same frustrations, the same wants to be free and support good values. If you can't see that then you've got some pretty thick blinders on. Maybe look a little harder for those areas of commonality and actually open yourself to seeing that there are good hearted people who are smart with the right intensions on the other side of the aisle. You might be surprised. You might learn something and achieve the ability to communicate in a way where they will actually listen to your perspective as well.

Oh please, if anybody on the left really wanted those things, then they joined the Republican party already.

Conservatives didn't fight against any rights. They may have fought against extra rights, but not the same rights. It's the left that wants special rights for special people. Those of us on the right don't divide people into groups and decide who we love and who we hate. Everybody is an American and all Americans are treated equal.

Oh please, if anybody on the left really wanted those things, then they joined the Republican party already.

Conservatives didn't fight against any rights. They may have fought against extra rights, but not the same rights. It's the left that wants special rights for special people. Those of us on the right don't divide people into groups and decide who we love and who we hate. Everybody is an American and all Americans are treated equal.
Nice narrative but our laws and government said differently in the past and thank god they were changed

Nice narrative but our laws and government said differently in the past and thank god they were changed

Yes, I'm sure God was the one who gave us those changes.

Yes, I'm sure God was the one who gave us those changes.
Its a saying, but I think you knew that... Way to divert to the word games

I thought you wanted to discuss divisiveness and not issues. Those are issues. Divisiveness is the Basket of Deplorables.
Re: I think there is enough divisiveness to go around. Enacting anti-Sharia laws when there is no chance that Sharia is even a threat. Continuously tweaking anti-abortion laws to make them more restrictive. Trying to have Intelligent Design taught in science classes. Plenty of others but you get the idea, no one side is innocent.

Ok, how about this:

Nobody divides the country more than Republicans (with examples):

Black vs White (voter IDs, gerrymandering)
Christian vs Non-Christians (Enacting anti-Sharia laws, Continuously tweaking anti-abortion laws to make them more restrictive)
Rich vs poor (increasing income disparity, tax 'reform')
Gay vs straight (prohibiting transgenders from serving in the military, no support for gays suffering religious based discrimination)
Gender vs Gender option (defunding Planned Parenthood, restricting women's reproductive rights)
Gun haters vs gun nutters (perception that the GOP is in the pocket of the NRA, we can't talk about gun control immediately after a massacre but talking about immigration is OK)
Men vs women (GOP seems to have a double standard about Trump's behavior and Bill Clinton's behavior)
Worker vs Evil business owners (GOP tax plan seems to support businesses and not workers regardless of Trump's promises)

I thought you wanted to discuss divisiveness and not issues. Those are issues. Divisiveness is the Basket of Deplorables.
Re: I think there is enough divisiveness to go around. Enacting anti-Sharia laws when there is no chance that Sharia is even a threat. Continuously tweaking anti-abortion laws to make them more restrictive. Trying to have Intelligent Design taught in science classes. Plenty of others but you get the idea, no one side is innocent.

Ok, how about this:

Nobody divides the country more than Republicans (with examples):

Black vs White (voter IDs, gerrymandering)
Christian vs Non-Christians (Enacting anti-Sharia laws, Continuously tweaking anti-abortion laws to make them more restrictive)
Rich vs poor (increasing income disparity, tax 'reform')
Gay vs straight (prohibiting transgenders from serving in the military, no support for gays suffering religious based discrimination)
Gender vs Gender option (defunding Planned Parenthood, restricting women's reproductive rights)
Gun haters vs gun nutters (perception that the GOP is in the pocket of the NRA, we can't talk about gun control immediately after a massacre but talking about immigration is OK)
Men vs women (GOP seems to have a double standard about Trump's behavior and Bill Clinton's behavior)
Worker vs Evil business owners (GOP tax plan seems to support businesses and not workers regardless of Trump's promises)

Voter ID has nothing to do with race. Everybody needs an ID to vote and it doesn't matter if you're white or purple with pink polka dots.

What do abortion laws have to do with dividing?

Government doesn't increase tax disparity--the people do. Want to decrease it? Quit giving your money to rich people all the time.

Not funding something does not mean restriction from it; it means if you want something done, pay for it yourself. That's not restricting anything.

The GOP gets money from the NRA because their constituents support gun rights. Nothing divisive about it. Democrats do the exact same thing with trial lawyers, environmental groups, and unions.

Trump''s behavior are unproven words--Clintons behavior were actions.

When you support businesses you do support workers at the same time. Businesses hire workers. The better and larger the business, the more jobs available. It's Democrats with their open border mentality that's against the workers.

More proof you are a far left drone!

You seem pretty convinced that i'm a "far left drone" but why do you care so much? I don't really give a shit what you think I am. Call me a far left drone all you want, I don't take it as an insult, it just reinforces your ignorance. The real question is, why do you feel it more important to call people names instead of simply debating the issues? The only answer I can come up with is that you lack the intellectual ability to engage in a real way.

You seem pretty convinced that i'm a "far left drone" but why do you care so much? I don't really give a shit what you think I am. Call me a far left drone all you want, I don't take it as an insult, it just reinforces your ignorance. The real question is, why do you feel it more important to call people names instead of simply debating the issues? The only answer I can come up with is that you lack the intellectual ability to engage in a real way.

You can not reason with a far left drone, they only know false far left religious narratives, just like the post I quoted!

Until you are ab le to post without far left religious dogma, you can not have anything with a far left drone!

The far left does not care about liberty, the far left goals are not the same.

Not sure why you think they are!

You can not reason with a far left drone, they only know false far left religious narratives, just like the post I quoted!

Until you are ab le to post without far left religious dogma, you can not have anything with a far left drone!

Really? Do you read your own crap? Do you think your posts are free of dogma and diversions and ignorant narratives?! Of course not, thats all you do. I post ideas and viewpoints about issues and you respond like a broken record calling me a far left drone. Over and over and over again. Is that what you call reasonable debate? Your blatant hypocrisy strikes again. Take a breath and see it, it is right in front of your face.

Really? Do you read your own crap? Do you think your posts are free of dogma and diversions and ignorant narratives?! Of course not, thats all you do. I post ideas and viewpoints about issues and you respond like a broken record calling me a far left drone. Over and over and over again. Is that what you call reasonable debate? Your blatant hypocrisy strikes again. Take a breath and see it, it is right in front of your face.

You made the accusations now back them up with facts!

They are backed up with facts... Everything I critiqued you of are shining as examples in your last posts. What did I say that isn't backed up? Post a quote of mine and i'll show you where it is explained and if it isn't then I'll explain it.

They are backed up with facts... Everything I critiqued you of is shining as an example in your last posts. What did I say that isn't backed up? Post a quote of mine and i'll show you where it is explained and if it isn't then I'll explain it.

No they are not, back them up, do what you want others to do!

You made these outrages claims now back them up with actual real facts, not perceived far left drone religious dogma!

They are backed up with facts... Everything I critiqued you of is shining as an example in your last posts. What did I say that isn't backed up? Post a quote of mine and i'll show you where it is explained and if it isn't then I'll explain it.

You made these outrages claims now back them up with actual real facts, not perceived far left drone religious dogma!
What claim would you like backed up? be specific... are you sure you want to keep embarrassing yourself?

What claim would you like backed up? be specific... are you sure you want to keep embarrassing yourself?

I quoted your claim, read and back it!

Otherwise admit you are wrong!

What claim, I don't see what you are talking about...

The original claim that started this!

or did you make so many false claims (far left religious dogma) you are not sure which one you should back up?

The original claim that started this!

or did you make so many false claims (far left religious dogma) you are not sure which one you should back up?
The fact that it takes 5 back and fourths for you to simply reference a statement shows how ridiculous you are. You still haven't clearly made an argument. What a joke. Maybe sixth time is a charm? Want to try again? What claim of mine are you taking issue with and why?

Forum List

Back