Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
To which are you loyal first and foremost?

1. Your local sports team (your choice of sport - i.e. Am I a Broncos fan first and foremost)?

2. Your particular state (i.e Am I loyal to Colorado first and foremost)?

3. Your region (i.e Am I Westerner first and foremost)?

4. Your country (i.e Am I American first and foremost)?

5. Your religion (i.e Am I an atheist first and foremost)?

6. Your race (i.e. Am I a caucasion first and foremost)?

7. Your gender (i.e. Am I loyal to men forst and foremost)?

8. Your species (I am loyal to the human race before anything else)?

9. Other (please explain)?

And why are you loyal to that first?

I am a human being first and foremost. I feel compassion for Palestinians, Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranians, North Koreans, Somalis, Muslims because they are human beings like myself and are suffering under their current regimes (N. Koreans, Somalis, Iranians), because of religious zealots (Palestinians and Afghanis), or at the hands of Western Powers (Iraqis, Palestinians, and Muslims). I think we should tear down the walls of nationalism and realize that all human beings are essentially the same and shouldn't hold loyalties against eachother.

Why am I loyal to the human race first? Because everything else causes division between them.

I dunno about "loyal"; but I'd say "I'm a human being first and foremost". Definitely agree with what you said there in your post though. *High 5*

Not that I would've picked it, but you could've thrown Class in there too, just for kicks.

I can't see any reason to be loyal to any sports team. They don't send me a check. I didn't get a Championship ring when the Angels won the World Series, why should I care if they fold tomorrow? It doesn't affect me. The Lakers are the NBA Champs? Who cares? I still gotta' go to work.

My religion is what I'm loyal to above all else.

roughly

-(not yet applicable) children if/when applicable
-Self
-friends
-race
-country* (if my country were to target my race, I would defend my race)
-Species
-Allies of the aforementioned

-I am not loyal to the US. I am loyal to the principles of the Constitution and the Republic. Should the US ever become tyrannical, the flag and nation are unimportant. It is those principles that are worth fighting for

Here is my cop-out answer: My community.

My community can be my wife, my neighborhood, my county, my state my country, or my planet depending on what I'm doing at the time.

-Joe

I am also a human being first and foremost...I think if more people put their loyalties in humanity rather than their own race, gender, religion, or piece of land with borders around it, we'd be well on our way to fixing some major problems.

I saw a few people put family/friends/children...I'm not sure if that was really what was meant by the question, but I would definitely put my family and friends before anyone else too.

Family
Friends
Constituion
Government

"...There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. ... Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

I think Coloradomtnman forgot to put kids on his poll since he's not a father (yet)

Of course all of us who are parents would put our children first.

Then humankind for me.

I cannot tolerate man's inhumanity to man, or any kind of cruelty to children or adults. What makes evil lurk in the hearts of these people, and then act on it, I will never understand. For us to help and protect the innocent and abused out there, that would be my loyalty after my family.

family before god?

remember Moses and Isaac...

Never claimed I was going to get eternal life did I?

When I was in the Marine Corps, the Corps came before Family. Now the Family is first.

I suppose if God actually talked to me I would do as the Bible stories go. But I would not do so because of any other reason.

Other - my ethics/morals

If a human violates them, no loyalty.
If my nation violates them, no loyalty.

You get the point.

My loyalty lies first and foremost with my family

Second it lies with my community

Thirdly with my country, especially the constition that is in place to put limits on the power of government

And finally to the universe/karma/god/spirit plane....that thing that is bigger than us all.

Forum List

Back