Where does it say in the Bible that the human soul is formed at the time of conception?

I've been looking at fake pictures of the fetus on religious extremist sites and was wondering where I might find the above question in scripture?

And when does a pancake become a pancake? An egg and flour have the potential to become a pancake, but it's not really a pancake. When you add all the ingredients of flour, milk, and eggs, it's still not a pancake....it's only batter. It becomes a pancake when the cook decides it's cooked and ready.

To say a fetus is human, is the same as calling the batter a pancake.

Sperm has the potential of creating a human life. A hair has the potential of creating a human life, given potential cloning techniques.

(I'm just pointing out the silliness of this argument)

A potential baby becomes a baby when and if the mother decides it so....when the fetus can live on it's own, right around the neighborhood of 7 months of gestation.
You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.

Okay, then lets compare it to sperm, or a little guppie-shaped bit of red jelly. (my analogy is appropriate)

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being. An early fetus cannot think or feel pleasure or pain. Its muscles jerk periodically as part of its development, however, it isn't a person.
Have you ever seen or experienced an actual soul in your presence ? Where does that soul reveal itself to you or where exactly does it reside ? Can you touch a soul or see it ? Why would you see yourself as a so called scholar or scientist on such a thing, when we all know your not ?

I'm not sure why you're asking an atheist about souls, however, I do rely on doctors concerning this issue.

From one of the articles I've posted....

Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded in a meta-analysis of data from dozens of medical reports and studies that fetuses are unlikely to feel pain until the third trimester of pregnancy.

Research study on the existent of a soul.
Is there any scientific proof for the soul s existence The Spiritual Scientist
Dr. Penfield had started his brain research with the explicit intention of disproving the existence of the soul, but after conducting experiments like the above one for forty years, he came to an unambiguous conclusion: “The brain is a computer, but it is programmed by something outside of itself.”

I bet that you believe the research that you put up, but you will dismiss the research that I put up.

You are correct. I don't believe in that hogwash. I prefer modern science.

They did not know what a blastocyst was. It is unlikely that they knew much about any development up until it started moving under the mother's skin. They were primitive peoples, who did not apply the scientific method.

Proof that it is Gods words and not ancient Man.

You have proof of no such thing.

So Psalms & Jeremiah does not exist?

They no longer apply.

Religion no longer rules Medicine and the Law.

The 20th Century almost completely removed religion from secular society.

Modern laws no longer enforce church laws.

Regards from Rosie

75% of this Nation says you're wrong.

You are exaggerating wildly.

Liberal churches are also included in your total and they specifically do not exclude gays.

58% of Americans support same sex marriage.

Shift In Gay Marriage Support Mirrors A Changing America NPR

Gays can marry in Florida but I still can't have medical marijuana.

Regards from Rosie

You failed by comparing humans to pancakes... Good Grief man, get a grip how bout it, I mean how silly is your post or OP ? I'd say it's a ten on the silly scale that consist of the numbers one through ten.

Okay, then lets compare it to sperm, or a little guppie-shaped bit of red jelly. (my analogy is appropriate)

In the early months of gestation, the body is building a framework of blood vessels and cartilage and nerves and muscle, but none of it is connected to work as it does in a human being. An early fetus cannot think or feel pleasure or pain. Its muscles jerk periodically as part of its development, however, it isn't a person.
Have you ever seen or experienced an actual soul in your presence ? Where does that soul reveal itself to you or where exactly does it reside ? Can you touch a soul or see it ? Why would you see yourself as a so called scholar or scientist on such a thing, when we all know your not ?

I'm not sure why you're asking an atheist about souls, however, I do rely on doctors concerning this issue.

Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded in a meta-analysis of data from dozens of medical reports and studies that fetuses are unlikely to feel pain until the third trimester of pregnancy.

Dr. Penfield had started his brain research with the explicit intention of disproving the existence of the soul, but after conducting experiments like the above one for forty years, he came to an unambiguous conclusion: “The brain is a computer, but it is programmed by something outside of itself.”

I bet that you believe the research that you put up, but you will dismiss the research that I put up.

And I don't believe in the hogwash of the modern day anti religious scientists.
I believe the word of God and not man who thinks he knows it all.

Proof that it is Gods words and not ancient Man.

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Liberal churches are also included in your total and they specifically do not exclude gays.

Regards from Rosie

The topic is souls and abortion not Gay Marriage.

And I don't believe in the hogwash of the modern day anti religious scientists.
I believe the word of God and not man who thinks he knows it all.

And that is why abortion law is not based on this.

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

I was referring to Psalms and Jeremiah do not apply.

My next post links to a refutation of your unsupported and wildly exaggerated 75%.

That is out and out false.

Fox News makes up statistics.

Regards from Rosie

The majority of Americans support abortion rights:

Majority Supports Legal Abortion But Details Indicate Ambivalence - ABC News

The debate occurs over limitations beginning at 20 weeks or at 24 weeks.

Regards from Rosie

Abortion polls 2014 Do most Americans think most abortions should be illegal
The report claims that these numbers show most Americans think abortion should be illegal in all but a few cases:
They all say that till you get them preggers.

Regards from Rosie

The report claims that these numbers show most Americans think abortion should be illegal in all but a few cases:

U.S. Still Split on Abortion 47 Pro-Choice 46 Pro-Life

U.S. Still Split on Abortion: 47% Pro-Choice, 46% Pro-Life

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

My next post links to a refutation of your unsupported and wildly exaggerated 75%.

Regards from Rosie

That comes from Gallup Polls not Fox.

Regards from Rosie

And only the 47% voices should be heard while the 46% should remain silent.

Regards from Rosie

Do you even read your own link?

In YOUR link it says that those numbers are a result of pro-life spin.

The actual number who think abortion should be legal in at least the first trimester is 61%

Go back and reread your own link. It doesn't say what you think it does.

Your number is a Fox News type lie. The news channel that got a Federal Judge's permission to air lies.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

This is not up for a vote. You don't get to vote away constitutional rights, or in this case the right to privacy.

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

They no longer apply.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Yes, FOX lies quite frequently, also posts inverted polling results, false chyrons, you name it. With FOX, in terms of real journalism and quality, it is a race to the bottom of the barrel.

i only know of 2 types of soul a assoul and the soul of my shoe

Lame, not very funny at all.

Two very different things.
Sole - bottom of shoe
Soul- the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal

Asshole has nothing to do with either one.
See? I can be lame too. :)
sure it has everybody has a asshole every shoe had a (sole ) no such thing as a soul two things fact one fiction

Regards from Rosie

This is not up for a vote. You don't get to vote away constitutional rights, or in this case the right to privacy.

Who said anything about voting?
Half of this nations voices should not be silenced that is unconstitutional

Sole - bottom of shoe
Soul- the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal

sure it has everybody has a asshole every shoe had a (sole ) no such thing as a soul two things fact one fiction

There is no proof that it is fiction.

Sole - bottom of shoe

Is English your third language?

Regards from Rosie

Who said anything about voting?
Half of this nations voices should not be silenced that is unconstitutional

No one has been silenced, and no one will be silenced.

Forum List

Back