Where does the constitution give federal judges the power to repeal laws?

You're demented -- I pay for everything I have. I get nothing from the government.

Your dementia aside, I showed you a definition for the word, "general," and I see nothing in it which excludes, "social." I can only conclude by your refusal to explain why it would exclude it that you can't. So you do your silly little conservative dance instead.

You support others who didn't earn it getting it. If you cared so much, you'd provide it to them and the government wouldn't be involved.

You SEE nothing that excludes it? That means you WANT it to include social but have nothing to back it up but what you say.
I have the definition of the word...

gen·er·al

ˈjen(ə)rəl/

adjective

1. affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread​

You have your interpretation of what you said was vague.
Which you can't dispute.

What I can dispute is that it means social welfare. You can't prove that they mean the same thing. You can only interpret based on your bleeding heart mentality.

And what is 'social welfare'? So far, the only thing you've done is change the word 'general' to 'social'. You haven't demonstrated a qualitative difference.

You support others who didn't earn it getting it. If you cared so much, you'd provide it to them and the government wouldn't be involved.

You SEE nothing that excludes it? That means you WANT it to include social but have nothing to back it up but what you say.

gen·er·al

ˈjen(ə)rəl/

adjective

Which you can't dispute.

What I can dispute is that it means social welfare. You can't prove that they mean the same thing. You can only interpret based on your bleeding heart mentality.

And what is 'social welfare'? So far, the only thing you've done is change the word 'general' to 'social'. You haven't demonstrated a qualitative difference.

Social welfare is when someone like mean earns a living and someone like you has to rely on the government to take part of it so you can eat.

You've given us your interpretation. But you've ignored the actual meaning of the word. This immediately after offering us a 'its what the word means, dumbass' argument.

Oh, irony.

The definition doesn't include anything about one person being forced to support another. Show me in any of the founder's writings where they said that's what it meant. That's how you argue.
What do you think the Constitution means when it authorizes the Congress to provide for the "general welfare" of the nation?

Equal opportunity not equal results. It was never designed to create a situation where if someone has something and someone else didn't, that the one who did was to have it forcibly taken so it could be handed to the other person. James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, made it clear that the clause authorized Congress to spend money but only to carry out the power/duties specifically enumerated in the Constitution not to meet the infinite wants and needs of everyone. In other words, the "Father" didn't believe general welfare meant one group should be forced to hand over their earnings to another group because the other group didn't have the same things. Thomas Jefferson felt the same way.

Now, YOU show why general includes social. Explain to me why one that took their opportunities and succeeded owes someone that didn't succeed a damn thing in life.
WTF??

Where does the Constitution state that Congress is limited to the enumerated powers?

Holy shit.

Can you tell us what the purpose was in enumerating the powers if they didn't draw a line of limitation?
Because, "provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States," which is in itself one of the enumerated powers, is vague and left to interpretation.

gen·er·al

ˈjen(ə)rəl/

adjective

Which you can't dispute.

Social welfare is when someone like mean earns a living and someone like you has to rely on the government to take part of it so you can eat.

Says who? You're providing your own personal definition of 'social welfare', and then insisting that the Federal Government is constitutionally bound to your invention.

Um, no it isn't. So I ask again, what is the social welfare. Recognizing of course that you citing you is meaningless gibberish, as you define nothing.

And you do realize that you've abandoned all of your hyperliteralism bullshit so utterly....that you now refuse to even discuss it.

So much for your arguments regarding the Judicial Power. You've elegantly demonstrated why the Federalist Papers are so much better than you are at telling us what the constitution means.

What do you think the Constitution means when it authorizes the Congress to provide for the "general welfare" of the nation?

Equal opportunity not equal results. It was never designed to create a situation where if someone has something and someone else didn't, that the one who did was to have it forcibly taken so it could be handed to the other person. James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, made it clear that the clause authorized Congress to spend money but only to carry out the power/duties specifically enumerated in the Constitution not to meet the infinite wants and needs of everyone. In other words, the "Father" didn't believe general welfare meant one group should be forced to hand over their earnings to another group because the other group didn't have the same things. Thomas Jefferson felt the same way.

Now, YOU show why general includes social. Explain to me why one that took their opportunities and succeeded owes someone that didn't succeed a damn thing in life.
WTF??

Where does the Constitution state that Congress is limited to the enumerated powers?

10th Amendment. It says that powers not specifically delegated to the federal government nor prohibited to the States, are reserved to the states.

Where does the Constitution say Congress can do whatever it wants because idiots like you WANT them to do so?
Just how demented are you? The 10th Amendment says nothing about Congress being limited to the enumerated powers. It doesn't even speak of
I've already explained it....

gen·er·al

ˈjen(ə)rəl/

adjective

affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread.​

You've stated YOU don't see anything that excludes it. That's an interpretation based on what you WANT.

Show me where the definition says one owes another. If someone can't cut it and you won't provide it to them, let them do without.
It's based on the word, "general." Your ignorance of the word, despite being shown it's meaning, is irrelevant.

The 10th Amendment says powers not specifically delegated to the federal government are reserved to the States. Are you claiming that the 10th Amendment doesn't mean States have the authority to make laws on things not specifically granted to the federal government? If states have the authority to make laws on things for which the federal government isn't specifically delegated to do, the federal government is limited to their delegated powers. States have the rest unless specifically prohibited. That's in the Constitution. Perhaps you should look up the word reserved. It doesn't mean that the federal government, by default, can do it if a state doesn't on an issue or if they don't like what the states are doing.
No, I'm stating the government has the power to provide for the general welfare of the nation. That is not a power afforded to the states because of the 10th Amendment.

You're demented -- I pay for everything I have. I get nothing from the government.

Your dementia aside, I showed you a definition for the word, "general," and I see nothing in it which excludes, "social." I can only conclude by your refusal to explain why it would exclude it that you can't. So you do your silly little conservative dance instead.

gen·er·al

ˈjen(ə)rəl/

adjective

Which you can't dispute.

I've already proven it with the definition of the word. Here it is again....

gen·er·al

ˈjen(ə)rəl/

adjective

1. affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread.​

The definition doesn't include anything about one person being forced to support another. Show me in any of the founder's writings where they said that's what it meant. That's how you argue.

WTF??

Holy shit.

Can you tell us what the purpose was in enumerating the powers if they didn't draw a line of limitation?
Because, "provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States," which is in itself one of the enumerated powers, is vague and left to interpretation.

The purpose, according to your adroit grasp of argumentation, is "because" the Constitutional provisions are unclear.

It would take years to try to educate a block like you.

The GENERAL Welfare clause is not an enumerated power. It is part of the Preamble.

The PHRASE you misuse and misapprehend is ALSO used in the Taxation clause. "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States . . . ."

So, the authority of the Federal Government to collect taxes is one of the enumerated powers. It is enumerated for a reason or (more accurately) for a set of reasons. The Congress can collect taxes to pay the DEBTS of the United States. That makes sense (and should even to you ignorant liberals). The Congress can collect taxes for the PURPOSE of national defense. Armies need to have materiel and provisions and arms, after all. To provide for the general Welfare OF the Untied States means many things, but nowhere in the constitutional debates (see for example the Federalist Papers) will you find that that term was understood to mean food stamps. The general welfare of the united States is as opposed to "for the benefit" of particular individuals or for ONE State of the Union or for the benefit of some OTHER nation.

YOUR pretend answer is not an answer at all.

The powers which are ENUMERATED are ENUMERATED for a reason. And the REASON was very specifically to LIMIT the authority and power of the Federal Government.

In fact, this is so far BEYOND any honest dispute, that the balance of the Constitution contains provisions that make it crystal clear. Specifically, it notes that the powers which were not enumerated are RESERVED, respectively, to the STATES or TO THE PEOPLE.

I recognize that these things are tremendously difficult for a person of your severely distorted and limited education to grasp, much less for a person of your weak intellectual abilities. But still. It's your Constitution, too. You should make SOME effort to get to know it.

WTF??

Holy shit.

The purpose, according to your adroit grasp of argumentation, is "because" the Constitutional provisions are unclear.

The GENERAL Welfare clause is not an enumerated power. It is part of the Preamble.

The PHRASE you misuse and misapprehend is ALSO used in the Taxation clause. "The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States . . . ."

So, the authority of the Federal Government to collect taxes is one of the enumerated powers. It is enumerated for a reason or (more accurately) for a set of reasons. The Congress can collect taxes to pay the DEBTS of the United States. That makes sense (and should even to you ignorant liberals). The Congress can collect taxes for the PURPOSE of national defense. Armies need to have materiel and provisions and arms, after all. To provide for the general Welfare OF the Untied States means many things, but nowhere in the constitutional debates (see for example the Federalist Papers) will you find that that term was understood to mean food stamps. The general welfare of the united States is as opposed to "for the benefit" of particular individuals or for ONE State of the Union or for the benefit of some OTHER nation.

The powers which are ENUMERATED are ENUMERATED for a reason. And the REASON was very specifically to LIMIT the authority and power of the Federal Government.

In fact, this is so far BEYOND any honest dispute, that the balance of the Constitution contains provisions that make it crystal clear. Specifically, it notes that the powers which were not enumerated are RESERVED, respectively, to the STATES or TO THE PEOPLE.

I recognize that these things are tremendously difficult for a person of your severely distorted and limited education to grasp, much less for a person of your weak intellectual abilities. But still. It's your Constitution, too. You should make SOME effort to get to know it.
Holyshit! :cuckoo:

You even copied and pasted it yourself.

Two of the enumerated powers in Article I, Section 8 are, "provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

Who knows why you think providing for the general welfare is not an enumerated power along with the others in Article I, Section 8 because promoting for the general welfare is mentioned in the preamble?

Who cares?

WTF??

Holy shit.

Two of the enumerated powers in Article I, Section 8 are, "provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

Who knows why you think providing for the general welfare is not an enumerated power along with the others in Article I, Section 8 because promoting for the general welfare is mentioned in the preamble?

Who cares?

I did indeed copy and paste one section of the Constitution in order to make it clear that it HAS a meaning where used and as used. I never denied or even tried to deny that the term is USED, you fucking moron. In fact, I embrace the fact that the term is used. What it MEANS is not what morons such as you seem to so baselessly IMAGINE it means, however.

The PREAMBLE, you dick-wad, is just that. It is a preface to what follows. It is NOT an enumeration of powers or anything but a statement of the general purpose of what follows. Fuck, boy, e en an uneducated lox like you should grasp THAT much.

the TERM General Welfare IS used In the body of the Constitution in the Taxation clause. As I NOTED. In fact, it was by design and for the purpose of proving what a dolt you are that I provided that quote from that provision.

The enumerated powers are -- hint -- ENUMERATED.

And they are enumerated FOR a reason.

And the REASON for the enumeration or the authority and the powers of the Federal Government is not a hidden nugget, either. The Constitution, ALSO AS I NOTED, you dip-shit, commands quite clearly that all the powers that are not granted to the Federal Government are RESERVED respectively to the STATES and to the PEOPLE.

The vacant void of vapidity that you are dully repeats "general Welfare" as though that somehow makes your point. It doesn't. You lack the slightest comprehension of what the Founders and Framers attempted to do.

Yes it is vague but not as vague as you think. The adjective "general" is very important since it rules out things like obamacare which apply to only 3% of the country. Also social security and medicaid and medicare. THINK

Yes "general welfare" is mentioned in the preamble. It's also mentioned in article 1 section 8 - Powers of Congress.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes "general welfare" is mentioned in the preamble. It's also mentioned in article 1 section 8 - Powers of Congress.

You don't know what you're talking about.

No you imbecile. I actually NOTED that it's used IN the Constitution. YOU can't read simple English posts.

Were you born with no brain or did you lose it smoking bad crack, you fucking illiterate stupid twat?

WTF??

Holy shit.

Who cares?

I did indeed copy and paste one section of the Constitution in order to make it clear that it HAS a meaning where used and as used. I never denied or even tried to deny that the term is USED, you fucking moron. In fact, I embrace the fact that the term is used. What it MEANS is not what morons such as you seem to so baselessly IMAGINE it means, however.

The PREAMBLE, you dick-wad, is just that. It is a preface to what follows. It is NOT an enumeration of powers or anything but a statement of the general purpose of what follows. Fuck, boy, e en an uneducated lox like you should grasp THAT much.

the TERM General Welfare IS used In the body of the Constitution in the Taxation clause. As I NOTED. In fact, it was by design and for the purpose of proving what a dolt you are that I provided that quote from that provision.

And the REASON for the enumeration or the authority and the powers of the Federal Government is not a hidden nugget, either. The Constitution, ALSO AS I NOTED, you dip-shit, commands quite clearly that all the powers that are not granted to the Federal Government are RESERVED respectively to the STATES and to the PEOPLE.

The vacant void of vapidity that you are dully repeats "general Welfare" as though that somehow makes your point. It doesn't. You lack the slightest comprehension of what the Founders and Framers attempted to do.
To collect taxes to pay for, among other things, "common defence" and "general welfare of the United States."

It defies all common sense to deny those are themselves enumerated powers; for if they were, it would be unconstitutional for the federal government to fund the Air Force, since it's not listed among the items you idiotically claim are the absolute complete list of enumerated powers.

Yes it is vague but not as vague as you think. The adjective "general" is very important since it rules out things like obamacare which apply to only 3% of the country. Also social security and medicaid and medicare. THINK
Nope, it applies to everyone. Everyone is mandated to have health insurance.

Holy shit.

Who cares?

To collect taxes to pay for, among other things, "common defence" and "general welfare of the United States."

It defies all common sense to deny those are themselves enumerated powers; for if they were, it would be unconstitutional for the federal government to fund the Air Force, since it's not listed among the items you idiotically claim are the absolute complete list of enumerated powers.

Tragically, you are such a massive pile of brain dead shit, you cannot track even the most basic concepts.

It is one of the enumerated powers to collect taxes FOR a set of purposes.

The purposes for the enumerated power are not the enumerated power. The authority to lay taxes IS one of the enumerated powers.

Funding the Air Force, you amazingly stupid lump of shit, would be one of the purposes since it would be a component part of providing for the common defense.

Once again the PURPOSE for which a power is enumerated is not the enumerated power. It is the reason FOR the enumerated power.

Your ignorance, vapidity and stupidity are boundless -- as you confirm with each of your pathetic posts.

Who cares?

Tragically, you are such a massive pile of brain dead shit, you cannot track even the most basic concepts.

The purposes for the enumerated power are not the enumerated power. The authority to lay taxes IS one of the enumerated powers.

Funding the Air Force, you amazingly stupid lump of shit, would be one of the purposes since it would be a component part of providing for the common defense.

Once again the PURPOSE for which a power is enumerated is not the enumerated power. It is the reason FOR the enumerated power.

Your ignorance, vapidity and stupidity are boundless -- as you confirm with each of your pathetic posts.
This is how fucking demented you are....

The Constitution reads...

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;

... but yet here you are, moronically thinking that allows for Congress to fund the Air Force, even though it's not mentioned, because it falls under the umbrella of the former highlighted power above -- while at the same time, you argue the latter highlighted power is limited to only the enumerated powers following it.

You're actually arguing with yourself at this point; and losing. That's how fucked in the head you really are.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say providing for the common defence can include items not enumerated in Article I, Section 8; while at the same time argue that providing for the general welfare cannot include items not enumerated in that same section.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Either they're both limited by the following enumerated items or neither are limited by the following enumerated items. It's not, one is but the other isn't; just because you're one fucked up individual who doesn't like the fact that neither are limited to the list which follows.

Who cares?

There. I snipped your entire mind-numbingly useless rant.

I will instead just tell you AGAIN.

The enumerated powers are powers. They are powers that are enumerated.

The listing of PURPOSES for which a power is granted is not the enumeration of any additional powers.

CONGRESS may lay taxes. THAT is one of the enumerated power.

They may do so for a variety of purposes. Those purposes are NOT enumerated powers, since the power is the power to lay taxes.

Anything you say beyond that is just further evidence that you are brain dead.

Who cares?

The listing of PURPOSES for which a power is granted is not the enumeration of any additional powers.

They may do so for a variety of purposes. Those purposes are NOT enumerated powers, since the power is the power to lay taxes.

And one of those purposes is for the enumerated power of providing for the general welfare of the United States.

Who knows why you can't understand that?

And one of those purposes is for the enumerated power of providing for the general welfare of the United States.

I didn't say that I didn't understand that. I merely noted (to correct your disinformation campaign) that the PURPOSE of the ENUMERATED POWER is NOT the same thing as an enumeration of some additional power.

ONE of the purposes of the Constitution IS to provide for the General Welfare. But that is NOT an enumerated power.

The manner by which the Government may properly provide for the General Welfare is not without limits. They may do so, if at all, only to the extent that they have an enumerated power that enables them to do so.

Did they have the Constitutional authority to put all Japanese Americans into detention facilities during World War II?

According to your specious argument, since it was for the "purpose' of the General Welfare, it must have been Constitutional.

But intelligent folks recognize that your fallacy-ridden thought process is completely faulty.

I didn't say that I didn't understand that. I merely noted (to correct your disinformation campaign) that the PURPOSE of the ENUMERATED POWER is NOT the same thing as an enumeration of some additional power.

ONE of the purposes of the Constitution IS to provide for the General Welfare. But that is NOT an enumerated power.

The manner by which the Government may properly provide for the General Welfare is not without limits. They may do so, if at all, only to the extent that they have an enumerated power that enables them to do so.

Did they have the Constitutional authority to put all Japanese Americans into detention facilities during World War II?

According to your specious argument, since it was for the "purpose' of the General Welfare, it must have been Constitutional.

But intelligent folks recognize that your fallacy-ridden thought process is completely faulty.
Bullshit, it isn't. Again, if providing for the general welfare isn't, neither is providing for the common defense; meaning funding the Air Force is unconstitutional since it's not specifically enumerated.

But of course, providing for the common defense IS an enumerated power, which is why the discretion is left to Congress to include an Air Force in our national defense. Same holds true for providing for the general welfare of the nation.

Forum List

Back