Where in the real world are AR-15 and the like are used for good?

No it doesn't.

During the assault weapon ban in the 90's there were no reductions in the murder rate that could be attributed to the ban.
Read the results of more comprehensive gun regulations in other countries. I provided you one of many.

During the assault weapon ban the government did not come and take your other guns as you gun crazies fear. Sane gun owners did not have the fears you cowardice gun crazies do. Your life is controlled by fear. Sad, waste of a life.

It's a civilian knock off of a military weapon configuration, period, and you fetishists can't do a thing about it, no matter how many of you run around sniveling about the semantics.
The irony within this post is mind-blowing. "civilian knock off of a military weapon configuration". I will ask again, just what can the AR-15 do, in terms of actual use, like hunting, like self-defense, that another gun, one not with a "military configuration", can do just as well, or even better? I don't think you can provide an adequate response. I don't think anyone can. Which brings us to the irony part, "fetishists"--seems to me the ones with the fetish or those consumed with owning a not so practical gun simply because it has a "military configuration".

Do you think everyone with a semi-automatic can fire that quickly with accuracy?

You're afraid of something only a handful of people can do.
No but the least skilled user of a semi-automatic can fire 100 to 200 rounds a minute. Allowing mass murder by an unskilled weapon owner.

The irony within this post is mind-blowing. "civilian knock off of a military weapon configuration". I will ask again, just what can the AR-15 do, in terms of actual use, like hunting, like self-defense, that another gun, one not with a "military configuration", can do just as well, or even better? I don't think you can provide an adequate response. I don't think anyone can. Which brings us to the irony part, "fetishists"--seems to me the ones with the fetish or those consumed with owning a not so practical gun simply because it has a "military configuration".
The same people who buy a hot car or a big boat to make up for their huge inadequacies buy an AR-15 and the like
When the cowardly, inadequate dude try to buy an AR-15 we should offer to pay for a penal implant. We will all be better off.

The irony is the fact some want to lie about what they are for their own propaganda purposes, while others like myself know what they are and still have no problem with civilian ownership of them; I do advocate having to take a safety course in order to buy firearms, which the 2A fanatics wet themselves over as well. As for these military weapon knock offs, there are much better choices re home defense, and certainly for hunting as well, so yes, drooling over the knock offs is just a fetish.

Read the results of more comprehensive gun regulations in other countries. I provided you one of many.

During the assault weapon ban the government did not come and take your other guns as you gun crazies fear. Sane gun owners did not have the fears you cowardice gun crazies do. Your life is controlled by fear. Sad, waste of a life.
I do not care about other countries.

We already know what works here and we refuse to do it.

Clinton's AW ban did nothing to lower crime and murder rates.

You what did lower murder and crime rates?

Operation Exile.

The city of Richmond VA started prosecuting all instances of illegal gun possession as federal crimes and sent the criminals out of state to serve 5 years or more in federal prisons.

Guess what happened.

I do not care about other countries.

We already know what works here and we refuse to do it.

Clinton's AW ban did nothing to lower crime and murder rates.

You what did lower murder and crime rates?

Operation Exile.

The city of Richmond VA started prosecuting all instances of illegal gun possession as federal crimes and sent the criminals out of state to serve 5 years or more in federal prisons.

Guess what happened.
The assault weapons ban decreased mass shootings by a million. Why do you lie?

I don't see why it should make a difference whether an honest citizen has a military grade version or a civilian version, as long as they're trained and are responsible enough not to let weapons get stolen. It's a distinction without a difference.
Military grade = Made by the lowest bidder.

Military configuration ? The function of an AR-15 is no different than a semi-automatic .227 hunting rifle. Every time you loons open your mouths on firearms the stupid spews out.

It had absolutely ZERO effect on crime and murder rates

The problem with you gun nuts is you want to create your own argument. Has anyone claimed that banning assault rifles would lower crime or murder rates? I don't think so. The purpose of the assault weapons ban of the past, and of any being proposed now, is to lower the number of killings due to mass shootings. The purpose is to prevent some crazy ass nutcase from going into a Walmart, a school, or their place of work, with a high capacity magazine, semi-automatic, military configured, weapon with the purpose of shooting as many of the occupants that they can. If they want to go in with a pistol, a hunting rifle, a shotgun, a machete, or a ball-bat, guess there is not much we can do about it, but undoubtedly, the casualty rate would be lower.

We banned bumpstocks. Did anyone argue that banning bumpstocks would not lower the crime or murder rate? Is that why we banned bumpstocks? No, we banned bumpstocks so no damn crazy ass fool would be able to shoot hundreds of rounds per second into a crowd from a tall building.

Military configuration ? The function of an AR-15 is no different than a semi-automatic .227 hunting rifle. Every time you loons open your mouths on firearms the stupid spews out.
Did I say the function was otherwise? Seems you are the "loon", your blind rage at anyone that would even attempt to make an argument to take your precious AR-15, prevents you from seeing the crux of the argument.

Great, the function is no different. So, buy a .227 semi-automatic hunting rifle. Again, the argument is about cost-benefit. What is the cost of legal AR-15's? Evidently, it is an almost weekly mass shooting even where innocent people are being slaughtered, often times it is school children. What is the benefit? Well I am not seeing any. Like you said, the "function" of the AR-15 is the same as a .227 semi-automatic hunting rifle. Although I got to admit, I haven't heard of many varmint hunters using AR-15's, nor have I heard of many mass shootings utilizing a .227 semi-automatic hunting rifle.

Did I say the function was otherwise? Seems you are the "loon", your blind rage at anyone that would even attempt to make an argument to take your precious AR-15, prevents you from seeing the crux of the argument.

Great, the function is no different. So, buy a .227 semi-automatic hunting rifle. Again, the argument is about cost-benefit. What is the cost of legal AR-15's? Evidently, it is an almost weekly mass shooting even where innocent people are being slaughtered, often times it is school children. What is the benefit? Well I am not seeing any. Like you said, the "function" of the AR-15 is the same as a .227 semi-automatic hunting rifle. Although I got to admit, I haven't heard of many varmint hunters using AR-15's, nor have I heard of many mass shootings utilizing a .227 semi-automatic hunting rifle.
The concern isn't the AR-15 it's the government going beyond it's mandate to infringe on a Constitutional right.

Forum List

Back