Where in the real world are AR-15 and the like are used for good?

I've got a nice pistol-grip sawed-off .410 for that...
Good call. Much better than an AR. In fact, the value of the .410 double barrel has been increasing steadily for its use as a "coach gun" in home protection. The AR-15, chambered in .223, is a terrible gun. It shoots a small caliber bullet at high velocity. If you need 15 shots to shoot an intruder, you might want to seek alternatives. A good dog, living in the boonies, or even a ball bat.

Larger caliber, lower velocity, provides the benefit of less collateral damage. But as mentioned in this thread, the reason people buy the AR-15, despite all the bullshit they spout, is because it makes them feel like Johnny soldier. It looks badass, or so they believe. The reality it is cheap to make and is the most profitable gun sold in America today. I would take a Benelli 20 gauge semi-automatic over an AR-15 everyday. A beautiful gun. If you want a rifle, get a Henry, quality craftmanship, not stamped out bullshit like the AR. And if you really believe you are going to be fighting zombies during the apocalypse then purchase an FAL.

I mean I got to be honest. If you own the same gun that is the gun of choice of mentally ill school shooters and crazed nutcases that stroll into Walmart to start shooting people, you might want to rethink your position. Owning 30 AR's, I mean that is helluva stupid. The money invested in those can plinking pieces of shit could have been invested in some real guns, like the FAL's and Henry's I mentioned.

AR does not stand for assault rifle. It stands for Armalite Rifle, the manufacturer of the original.

The AR platform -- many companies make them now -- is strictly a semi-automatic. It is incapable of fully-automatic fire without illegal modification.

And no one has ever claimed there is no such thing as military-grade weapons.

Educate yourself on this subject before you speak of it again.

lol take your own advice. The AR-15 is based on military models, not hunting rifles, as are many other configurations. If you're claiming there is no difference it's you who needs to educate himself.

How exactly does an AR make it less likely you'll miss?
You cannot be serious. You have multiple bullets going out as you move you weapon slightly is like a true competent shooter taking multiple targeted shots. You just keep moving the weapon you will hit your target. No skill. No caution. Much collateral damage. You do not know weapons.

Where in the real world are AR-15 and the like are used for good?

Assholes were breaking into a gunstore in Pennsylvania during the mostly peaceful but fiery blm riots.

One of them got killed real good, and his partner got severely wounded.

That was a good outcome. A great outcome would have been both assholes dead.

Elmer wants people to defend themselves with guns that don't actually harm people.

No Elmer Fudd doesn't want people to be able to defend themselves at all.

I want skilled gun users not a bunch of unskilled, dumbasses to buy an automatic weapon because they have no skill and will kill many more than intended.
Skilled marksman do not need automatic weapons. Dumbasses do.

Yeah, when you're outnumbered in the coming riots you go defend yourself with your bolt action rifle.

Moron.

You cannot be serious. You have multiple bullets going out as you move you weapon slightly is like a true competent shooter taking multiple targeted shots. You just keep moving the weapon you will hit your target. No skill. No caution. Much collateral damage. You do not know weapons.
Wut?

An AR-15 only fires one bullet at a time...

...you know that, right?

Right?!?!

I want skilled gun users not a bunch of unskilled, dumbasses to buy an automatic weapon because they have no skill and will kill many more than intended.
Skilled marksman do not need automatic weapons. Dumbasses do.
You have no effing clue what the eff you're talking about.

AR-15s ARE NOT AUTOMATIC WEAPONS!!!!

How the eff can you be opposed to something that you don't know the first effing thing about????

If you're not so embarrassed by your unfathomable lack of basic knowledge that you attempt to hid from the world by climbing so far up your own ass that you literally blink out of existence...then you utterly have no shame.

lol take your own advice. The AR-15 is based on military models, not hunting rifles, as are many other configurations. If you're claiming there is no difference it's you who needs to educate himself.
ar hunting rifle.jpg

You need to stop. Now.

Forum List

Back