Where was the armed security guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High?

In most instances of self defense with a gun, a shot is never fired. The cowardly criminal runs away before that can even happen. I know that is going to happen ALL of the time, but it happens the majority of times. They are cowards who don't want confrontation. They just want a soft target to shoot at.

That's an idiotic statement. Even the police have no constitutional duty to protect. Go look it up if your don't believe me.

Gawd, you knee-jerk anti-gun tards are so unhinged that you're attacking anything and everyone.

While true I still think he's a pussy and I hope he eats a barrel in guilt.

I do agree that they guy is going to have alot of weight on his shoulders for the rest of his life. But we all can't be heroes because sometimes it works out that way, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the way life is, I guess.

I agree that not everyone is cut out or has what it takes to be a hero. That is why your self defense is your own responsibility.

Even then, self defense is a crap shoot. Many concealed carry classes stress finding suitable cover and not shooting unless it's necessary.

Of course, and it's not always going to be feasible, but to try to take away or to minimize that option is very disturbing. Who knows if the coward might even run away at the mere sight of another person with a gun?

Look at the history of the majority of mass shooting events: In most cases, the shooter caps himself in the head once he's confronted with armed resistance. The Florida school shooter didn't because he probably ran out of ammunition before the police arrived, and he left the rifle and walked away.

Wait. You trust the police to keep you safe? Why?
And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

What cinematic situation does the gun lovers expect to happen?

Right. Better to just lie down and die like a coward with no dignity.
Wrong. Better is not having the guy with the AR standing at the classroom door.

And here we are, back at trying to control the criminally insane with laws. *sigh* Murdering people is "banned" yet it happens every day. You have to face the facts that there are certain people who are going to ignore laws and do whatever the fuck they want to do.

I don't get why people have to lose freedoms because 3 levels of government messed up, can someone explain that to me?

Shouldn't we be looking at them instead of us?

Freedom is an assault rifle? Is freedom having armed guards around every corner? That's where we are headed.

That's losing freedom. So is the inability to get the gun you want.

You have to understand, some of us grew up in a much freer America.

You probably grew up in an America without AR15's. I know nobody had high capacity magazines and assault rifles when I was a kid. And we were better off because of it. Those dead kids sure lost their freedom.

When I grew up you could mail-order rifles from magazines.

The Kennedy assassination changed that, and Americans lost freedom.

Used to be able to get M1s, now they're $1400, sup with that?

In most instances of self defense with a gun, a shot is never fired. The cowardly criminal runs away before that can even happen. I know that is going to happen ALL of the time, but it happens the majority of times. They are cowards who don't want confrontation. They just want a soft target to shoot at.

Of course they want soft targets. Why else would they commit their shootings in places that for the most part, ban the possession of a firearm?

I do agree that they guy is going to have alot of weight on his shoulders for the rest of his life. But we all can't be heroes because sometimes it works out that way, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the way life is, I guess.

I agree that not everyone is cut out or has what it takes to be a hero. That is why your self defense is your own responsibility.

Even then, self defense is a crap shoot. Many concealed carry classes stress finding suitable cover and not shooting unless it's necessary.

Of course, and it's not always going to be feasible, but to try to take away or to minimize that option is very disturbing. Who knows if the coward might even run away at the mere sight of another person with a gun?

Look at the history of the majority of mass shooting events: In most cases, the shooter caps himself in the head once he's confronted with armed resistance. The Florida school shooter didn't because he probably ran out of ammunition before the police arrived, and he left the rifle and walked away.

The church shooter that happened a few months ago fled when he was confronted by an armed neighbor who shot at him and ended up killing him in the end.

Now, he should be charged as an accessory to multiple murders.

That's an idiotic statement. Even the police have no constitutional duty to protect. Go look it up if your don't believe me.

Gawd, you knee-jerk anti-gun tards are so unhinged that you're attacking anything and everyone.

Yup, Fight smart. Let the shooter come to you.

I don't get why people have to lose freedoms because 3 levels of government messed up, can someone explain that to me?

Shouldn't we be looking at them instead of us?

Freedom is an assault rifle? Is freedom having armed guards around every corner? That's where we are headed.

That's losing freedom. So is the inability to get the gun you want.

You have to understand, some of us grew up in a much freer America.

You probably grew up in an America without AR15's. I know nobody had high capacity magazines and assault rifles when I was a kid. And we were better off because of it. Those dead kids sure lost their freedom.

Because the government failed to protect them.

There were "high-capacity magazines" and weapons available when I was a kid.

Probably more ak47 than anything.

When I was a kid, both front classroom doors were open to let in air.

What year was the AR-15 introduced?

It's not some boogeyman, it's just a gun. I have a gun in my pocket.

You must not be that old if you think there were lots of high capacity magazines around. When I was young cops still had revolvers.

AR-15's have been around for a while, but they weren't common until recent years.

It's a gun that is extremely dangerous. Even a group of cops gets slaughtered.
2016 shooting of Dallas police officers - Wikipedia
On July 7, 2016, Micah Xavier Johnson ambushed and fired upon a group of police officers in Dallas, Texas, killing five officers and injuring nine others.

Throw in the 50+ people killed in the Orlando and Vegas shootings and they are mass killing guns. There is no doubt.

4f944110f8e9013519c8005056a9545d

The church shooter that happened a few months ago fled when he was confronted by an armed neighbor who shot at him and ended up killing him in the end.

After all those people were already dead. The shooter was leaving...

And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

And here we are, back at trying to control the criminally insane with laws. *sigh* Murdering people is "banned" yet it happens every day. You have to face the facts that there are certain people who are going to ignore laws and do whatever the fuck they want to do.

A proper hanging might would stop them. :rolleyes:

That's never going to save children in a school.

While the kids are being massacred and you're being paid to protect them? Really?

Countries with strong gun control don't have this problem.

It wouldn't though. Even back in days of hangings there were still criminals. There are people who just don't care or who are insane and suffering from all kinds of weird paranoid delusions. There are ALL kinds of weirdos out there.

After all those people were already dead. The shooter was leaving...

At least he didn't make it very far, leftist faggot scum.

We have a bunch of dead kids and some people are worried about the freedom to own guns for mass killing. So very sad.

Countries with strong gun control don't have this problem.

No, they just have more knife murders, rapes, and home invasions.

Forum List

Back