Where was the armed security guard at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High?

I don't get why people have to lose freedoms because 3 levels of government messed up, can someone explain that to me?

Shouldn't we be looking at them instead of us?

Freedom is an assault rifle? Is freedom having armed guards around every corner? That's where we are headed.

That's losing freedom. So is the inability to get the gun you want.

You have to understand, some of us grew up in a much freer America.

You probably grew up in an America without AR15's. I know nobody had high capacity magazines and assault rifles when I was a kid. And we were better off because of it. Those dead kids sure lost their freedom.

Wait. You trust the police to keep you safe? Why?
And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

What cinematic situation does the gun lovers expect to happen?

Right. Better to just lie down and die like a coward with no dignity.

An armed security guard never got the chance to stop the teen gunman who murdered 17 students and staffers at a Florida high school, authorities said Thursday.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel confirmed that accused mass murderer Nikolas Cruz managed to shoot up the Parkland high school without ever encountering the school resource deputy.

“He was on campus and he was armed,” Israel said. “At this point, the only thing I can tell you definitively is he never encountered Cruz.”

Armed guard at Florida school never encountered rampaging gunman

Who was he? Where was he?

He was a pussy and has resigned.

Now, he should be charged as an accessory to multiple murders.

He'll be a suicide in a few weeks, and then you'll be happy.

That's an idiotic statement. Even the police have no constitutional duty to protect. Go look it up if your don't believe me.

Gawd, you knee-jerk anti-gun tards are so unhinged that you're attacking anything and everyone.

While true I still think he's a pussy and I hope he eats a barrel in guilt.

I do agree that they guy is going to have alot of weight on his shoulders for the rest of his life. But we all can't be heroes because sometimes it works out that way, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the way life is, I guess.

I agree that not everyone is cut out or has what it takes to be a hero. That is why your self defense is your own responsibility.

Yeah...it's funny how brave you can be when it's your ass on the line.

NO...when kids are being shot you GO...tough shit if you get hit....be smart, look for an opportunity, and empty your fucking magazine in the piece of shit.

I wish MY thread hadn't been buried in with this one. Mine was focusing also on the COACH who saved lives and how if it was him who was in possession of a weapon, he probably could have done a better job than that stupid resource officer. This sucks and the spotlight has been totally taken off the HERO of this story.

flacaltenn

He'd have had a hell of a lot better chance if the shooter didn't have an AR15 with high capacity magazines. The off duty cop at the Orlando shooting was outgunned and had to fall back too. We need to stop selling weapons for mass killing.

Israel said he decided to suspend Peterson after viewing a video that showed the deputy did “nothing” during the rampage that killed 17 people. A former student Nikolas Cruz, 19, is accused of carrying out the attack with an AR-15-style assault weapon.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of Building 12, take up a position and he never went in,” said Israel. The building is popularly known as “the freshman building.”

Israel said he would not release the video that shows Peterson’s actions at this time and may never do so, “depending on the prosecution and criminal case.”

Armed Officer Assigned To Stoneman Douglas Resigns Amid Shooting Investigation

What a fucking coward. He's on par with the killer - maybe worse because he was being paid to protect those kids.

That's an idiotic statement. Even the police have no constitutional duty to protect. Go look it up if your don't believe me.

Gawd, you knee-jerk anti-gun tards are so unhinged that you're attacking anything and everyone.

I do agree that they guy is going to have alot of weight on his shoulders for the rest of his life. But we all can't be heroes because sometimes it works out that way, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the way life is, I guess.

I agree that not everyone is cut out or has what it takes to be a hero. That is why your self defense is your own responsibility.

Even then, self defense is a crap shoot. Many concealed carry classes stress finding suitable cover and not shooting unless it's necessary.

And you would trust teachers over the armed police presence on campus during a shooting?

Don't get me wrong. I think the error the deputy made is tantamount to cowardice. But if trained law enforcement can be ineffective in a shooting, what chance would you give Mrs. Hudson and her Fourth Grade class has? She's scared and dealing with two dozen scared ten year olds. Meanwhile she's packing a snub nose .38 and the guy with the AR is standing at the classroom door.

Wrong. Better is not having the guy with the AR standing at the classroom door.

I don't get why people have to lose freedoms because 3 levels of government messed up, can someone explain that to me?

Freedom is an assault rifle? Is freedom having armed guards around every corner? That's where we are headed.

You probably grew up in an America without AR15's. I know nobody had high capacity magazines and assault rifles when I was a kid. And we were better off because of it. Those dead kids sure lost their freedom.

Because the government failed to protect them.

There were "high-capacity magazines" and weapons available when I was a kid.

Probably more ak47 than anything.

When I was a kid, both front classroom doors were open to let in air.

What year was the AR-15 introduced? Well, all kindsa during my life. '63-present is what I read.

I never had any problems in school with whackos shooting it up.

t's not some boogeyman, it's just a gun. I have a gun in my pocket.

When I read this I was so pissed I couldn't see straight...that yellow prick has cashed his checks every two weeks over the decades and for what....to hand out tickets and eat doughnuts? This is what all that money was intended for.....to be there when the community needed him and he wasn't.

Wrong. Better is not having the guy with the AR standing at the classroom door.

Of course that would require a good guy with a gun stop him at the schools front door.

Even more reason not to give in to the leftist demands. The more I learn about them, the more evil they seem with their anti-American rights agenda.

How about the right of not to get shot to death by some super armed psycho ?

There is no such right, because such a right cannot be exercised in the face of an attack.

There is, however, a right to self-defense.

Even then, self defense is a crap shoot. Many concealed carry classes stress finding suitable cover and not shooting unless it's necessary.

Of course, and it's not always going to be feasible, but to try to take away or to minimize that option is very disturbing. Who knows if the coward might even run away at the mere sight of another person with a gun?

I wish MY thread hadn't been buried in with this one. Mine was focusing also on the COACH who saved lives and how if it was him who was in possession of a weapon, he probably could have done a better job than that stupid resource officer. This sucks and the spotlight has been totally taken off the HERO of this story.

flacaltenn

He'd have had a hell of a lot better chance if the shooter didn't have an AR15 with high capacity magazines. The off duty cop at the Orlando shooting was outgunned and had to fall back too. We need to stop selling weapons for mass killing.

Even if they become commercially available to the law abiding public, what's your plan to stop criminals from obtaining them?

Do you seriously think "not selling them" in gun store or gun shows, is going to stop a criminal from finding a way to get one? Why do you think the police first went to semi-auto pistols with 15-round magazine capacities, and AR-15 rifles in the first place?

Because the criminals had them and the police didn't. Look up the North Hollywood shooters if you want to be enlightened.

Where was he?
Um....According to the news reports, "Elvis" never left the building; he simply never entered it.

Off-Topic:
It'll be interesting to observe whether liberals take a page from the conservative playbook and deny the veracity of the story being reported about the deputy remaining outside, or perhaps conjure twenty kinds of conspiracy theories about the reporting or the Parkland sheriff's department, or come up with some other silliness that's based on what might have been and/or that can't be soundly or cogently established.​

flacaltenn

It would have even been better if the cop had an AR in the trunk to even the odds.
Or better yet security that would have caught him at the front door.

When I grew up you could mail-order rifles from magazines.

Forum List

Back