Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

Gods with a small g.
You are right that there were gods with a small "g". they were us before coming to this world as we are the literal spirit children of God as Psalms 82:6 indicates. And some of us may have helped in the creation but if that is true, then certainly Jesus also helped and as part of the godhead, he more than the rest of us would have been involved and he probably headed up the whole thing under the direction of the Father.

Read the Bible. See Acts 1:3. After the resurrection Jesus appeared 10 times in 40 days and gave his disciples the Great Commission.
But you are leaving out the part where when his feet touch the Mount of Olives that the mountain splits in half.

You are right that there were gods with a small "g". they were us before coming to this world as we are the literal spirit children of God as Psalms 82:6 indicates. And some of us may have helped in the creation but if that is true, then certainly Jesus also helped and as part of the godhead, he more than the rest of us would have been involved and he probably headed up the whole thing under the direction of the Father.

The stories were borrowed from cultures around them .

But you are leaving out the part where when his feet touch the Mount of Olives that the mountain splits in half.

Do a subject search of the Bible using the keyword "curse".
The Bible is clear that God is not like us, but that the Bible describes God in ways humans understand. For example, it references the right hand of God; the finger of God wrote the Commandments; footsteps; nostrils; mounting His throne. The Bible tells us our feelings are not His feelings, but mankind can only relate to God through feelings we know ourselves--i.e., anger, cursing, scorn, curses, disappointment, etc. At all times we need to remember God's ways are not our ways; His thoughts are not our thoughts. Our use of the the words anger, cursing, scorn, curses, disappointment, etc. can be compared to our use of baby talk when speaking to infants.

Jesus already did save them, as he saved all of us. All Jews need to do is accept him as their Lord and Savior, and that he is the Messiah.
I was speaking of a temporal destruction of the Jews when Jesus keeps them form being completely killed at his second coming. But yes, you are right about Jesus offering all eternal salvation through his infinite and eternal sacrifice in both the garden and cross.

NOT EVERYONE MENTIONED IN THE OT IS A JEW.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zf3yb82/revision/1

Monotheistic religion Judaism is a monotheistic religion, which means that Jews believe there is only one God. According to Jewish belief and the Hebrew Bible, the Tanakh, God existed before creation, and Jews have a special relationship with God because of covenants they have made with him, which began with God’s promise to Abraham.

their special relationship ... cry them a river.

- without a single physical article to prove any heavenly association with the jewish religion ... provde the stone tablets etched in the heavens claimed by the liar moses or remove the falacy from all 3 desert documents claiming to be religions.

I was speaking of a temporal destruction of the Jews when Jesus keeps them form being completely killed at his second coming. But yes, you are right about Jesus offering all eternal salvation through his infinite and eternal sacrifice in both the garden and cross.

Not for nothing, but what exactly was Jesus' sacrifice in the Garden?

Gods with a small g.

the everlasting heavenly spirits are equal in their purity and are capable of all things in the heavens ... who would insult any of them would be sorely remorseful for their impending fate.

The way that you numbskulls present the story and teachings of Jesus will never convince the Jewish people that Jesus is the Messiah. You will only convince them that Jesus was and you are insane. What you profess to believe brings the name of Jesus into disrepute. Way to go schmuck.

The "Jesus died for my sins so that I can be an asshole for life with impunity" never was the truth.
Well maybe my way of “presenting” it isn’t the best. So I suggest they pick up a Bible and read it, or go to a Bible study class with an open mind.

What is it that I profess to believe that brings Jesus into “disrepute”?

What does being “an asshole” have to do with anything? Speaking the truth makes someone an “asshole” I guess. But, I’d think you would come up with a bit more coherent argument than that.

Again as it was revealed unto the Apostle John, Jesus is the very creator of this world. God the Father has created all things through Jesus Christ and thus Jesus is the creator of the heavens and the earth and mankind.

John 1:1-3, 18
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Father through Jesus Christ has made all things within the creation. It was through Jesus Christ that mankind was even made here on this earth. Many underestimate the greatness of the premortal Christ and his being part of the godhead.

Colossians 1:13-19
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Last edited:
In the thread titled, "Knowledge, the forbidden fruit", ABikerSailor requested I start this new thread to discuss this topic. ABikerSailor contends that Judaism came before Christianity. I contend the opposite. Below are my opening remarks:

I understand that this discussion will come to no agreement if you do not believe in Christianity. So that is my first question to you, are you a believer in Christ and the things he taught? If not, then I will simply state why I believe that a belief in Christ came before Judaism and leave it at that. However, if you do believe in Christ, then a more detailed discussion about Christ would be in order and the discussion can continue.

Judaism was the main religion in the region that is now Israel when Jesus was supposedly around.
That Christianity hasn't existed for 99.99999999% of the time the Earth has existed....

Again as it was revealed unto the Apostle John, Jesus is the very creator of this world. God the Father has created all things through Jesus Christ and thus Jesus is the creator of the heavens and the earth and mankind.

John 1:1-3, 18
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Father through Jesus Christ has made all things within the creation. It was through Jesus Christ that mankind was even made here on this earth. Many underestimate the greatness of the premortal Christ and his being part of the godhead.

Colossians 1:13-19
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Wow. You’re putting Jesus as superior to Gd? That’s blasphemy.

Not for nothing, but what exactly was Jesus' sacrifice in the Garden?
It was in the Garden of Gethsemane that Jesus actually took upon himself the sins of all the world.

Luke 22:42-44
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

In a revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith we learn the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 19:17-19
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.

When Jesus and his disciples went to exit the garden, it was then that Judas Iscariot along with the multitude of those who came to arrest him appeared and took him to be tried before Pilate and be crucified.

I can't imagine suffering to the extent that you bleed great drops of blood from every pore of your body. Yet his sacrifice brought about so much pain that it caused him to suffer both body and spirit.

Last edited:
Wow. You’re putting Jesus as superior to Gd? That’s blasphemy.
Those are verses from the Apostles of Jesus Christ. If you have a problem with that, take it up with God and His Only Begotten Son in the Flesh, even Jesus Christ himself. It was from them that they received this doctrine.

Even though I show to you the greatness of Jesus, these are the words of Jesus himself:

John 14:28
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 10:29
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

Last edited:
Those are verses from the Apostles of Jesus Christ. If you have a problem with that, take it up with God and His Only Begotten Son in the Flesh, even Jesus Christ himself. It was from them that they received this doctrine.
Oh please….none of that is true. No Jew would ever claim that he is above Gd (or be his son, for matter).

Don‘t you realize that most of the world doesn’t believe this?

Forum List

Back