Which candidate will put more money into the Middle Class?

Middle Class taxpayers have seen their take home pay decline. The bottom 47 percent pay no income tax, the top 10 percent income earners pay 71 percent of the income tax while middle class income earners pay the highest percent of their paycheck to income taxes.

Who is going to deliver relief for the Middle Class and how? For starters, demonizing the wealthy and making the poor pay income taxes are not viable solutions as they do not directly address the Middle Class getting more take home pay.
Let Me ask you something.

The take home pay of the middle class it what exactly? I'm middle class.....My take home pay is My gross earning minus taxes and authorized payments to insurance.

When you ask what is to be done, what part of the deductions from the middle class pay can be changed?

I hear a lot of liberal whining about middle class wages in decline, but I never seem to see any of them offering to bolster what makes the middle class. Jobs. Specifically, businesses that provide those jobs.

Instead, we get more regulations on those businesses, and more taxes on those businesses.

Great question and in the spirit as to why I created the thread. This is simply another edition, but necessary one, on "The Middle Class squeeze." Middle Class are paying the highest percentage of their paycheck. the bottom 47 percent pay nothing (actually get paid as opposed to paying....which is fine) and the wealthy pay a smaller percentage of their income yet still collectively account for 71 percent of the income tax pool. If you as me how to solve the Middle Class squeeze, I think there needs to be a concerted effort to define middle class income and come up with a plan of Tax cuts aimed specifically at the Middle Class. Easier said than done, I get it. Part of this needs to be broad reduction in spending increases if not outright spending cuts.

Middle Class taxpayers have seen their take home pay decline. The bottom 47 percent pay no income tax, the top 10 percent income earners pay 71 percent of the income tax while middle class income earners pay the highest percent of their paycheck to income taxes.

Who is going to deliver relief for the Middle Class and how? For starters, demonizing the wealthy and making the poor pay income taxes are not viable solutions as they do not directly address the Middle Class getting more take home pay.

The take home pay of the middle class it what exactly? I'm middle class.....My take home pay is My gross earning minus taxes and authorized payments to insurance.

When you ask what is to be done, what part of the deductions from the middle class pay can be changed?

I hear a lot of liberal whining about middle class wages in decline, but I never seem to see any of them offering to bolster what makes the middle class. Jobs. Specifically, businesses that provide those jobs.

Instead, we get more regulations on those businesses, and more taxes on those businesses.

Great question and in the spirit as to why I created the thread. This is simply another edition, but necessary one, on "The Middle Class squeeze." Middle Class are paying the highest percentage of their paycheck. the bottom 47 percent pay nothing (actually get paid as opposed to paying....which is fine) and the wealthy pay a smaller percentage of their income yet still collectively account for 71 percent of the income tax pool. If you as me how to solve the Middle Class squeeze, I think there needs to be a concerted effort to define middle class income and come up with a plan of Tax cuts aimed specifically at the Middle Class. Easier said than done, I get it. Part of this needs to be broad reduction in spending increases if not outright spending cuts.
Which will branch off into other topics, to be sure.

Tax cuts however, are worthless debate, imo, until the discussion about government spending is resolved. Then, and only then, when everyone agrees upon what is legitimate spending, and on what levels, can we have a discussion on taxation.

However, the middle class needs to come to the conclusion that none of the parties have their interests at heart and they should make that known. Just as soon as they homogenize into a cohesive group.

The only people who can put more money into any class is the people. Buy made in America, support a raise in wages, raise taxes on those who benefit most from our
nation and put that money into infrastructure. Recognize the free market only helps corporations and tax them when they move off shore. As an example look on the roads today and see all the cars that supports unions, healthcare, and in the case of Germany free college. They call it the rust belt for a reason. But Americans today are too partisan hypnotized to see they are being played as suckers.

See here how much high end cars contribute to work in America. 2015
Kogod School of Business Made in America Auto Index

'In 2014, Chevrolet sold 597 cars in Japan. No, we are not forgetting any zeroes at the end of that figure.'
Donald Trump: Chevrolet in Tokyo, Japan, 'doesn't exist'

"While it may come as no shock that luxury-car maker Mercedes-Benz came out atop the list of least-recalled brands, with an average 0.41 units recalled per vehicle sold, General Motors, with nearly 100 million vehicles recalled since 1985, actually placed third-best, with 0.65 cars and trucks recalled per unit sold.

Of the 15 major automakers surveyed, Hyundai Motor Company can lay claim to having the worst ratio, with 1.15 vehicles recalled for every model sold since it introduced the Excel to U.S. buyers in 1986. Other brands found to have recalled more cars than they sold in the U.S. over the last 30 years (needless to say this represents a number of cars for which multiple campaigns were initiated) include Mitsubishi, Volkswagen and Volvo; Chrysler broke even, so to speak, with a one-to-one sales-to-recall ratio. (Scroll down for the full results.)" Automakers With The Lowest (And Highest) Recall Rates

'Toyota leads in recalls again in 2013, with tally topping 5 million vehicles'
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ls-again-in-2013-with-tally-topping-5-million

'Toyota's Out-of-Control Gas Pedals, 2009 & 2010, Size of Recall: 9 million vehicles Models Affected: 2004-2010 Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Matrix, Highlander, Prius, RAV4, Tundra, Tacoma and various Lexus models.'....Company officials have estimated the cost of the blunder will top $5 billion after all is said and done, making it the costliest recall ever recorded.' 5 Of The Largest Car Recalls In History | Investopedia

896,600 Reasons to Care About the Trans-Pacific Partnership
Press Releases
Alabama Steelworkers Fight for Their Jobs, Angered By Korea Trade Deal

"If any single number captures the state of the American economy over the last decade, it is zero. That was the net gain in jobs between 1999 and 2009—nada, nil, zip. By painful contrast, from the 1940s through the 1990s, recessions came and went, but no decade ended without at least a 20 percent increase in the number of jobs." http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2010/1003.lynn-longman.html

"The recent job actions and “Black Friday” protests at Walmart underscored the dismal wages and working conditions of many of the nation’s retail workers. Walmart hasn’t staked out some low-wage, no-benefit margin of the labor market: its labor and compensation practices are now the mainstream. For most of the last century, the worst employers in the United States—the tenement sweatshop, the company-town mine—were remnants of our past. Today, they are glimpses into our future." http://www.dissentmagazine.org/blog/the-good-jobs-deficit

"At the top of this list is a trade policy that was designed to put manufacturing workers in direct competition with low-paid workers in the developing world. This had the predicted and actual effect of lowering the wages of U.S. manufacturing workers. Since manufacturing jobs are comparatively well-paying jobs for the 70 percent of the workforce without a college degree, this policy had the effect of lowering wages for this larger group of workers as well." How to Create Middle Class Jobs

Why is it Americans do not call out media sources that criticize American companies for government support while they ignore other nations where government suppliers and manufacturers cooperate and collaborate. Consider imports to Japan (Keiretsu). Why no mention of Japan's embargoes? Fox constantly mentions GM in a negative tone, as do most American conservative media sources. Why not call them out for bias? Rush Limbaugh supports Germany with his auto purchases, while he criticizes America's workers, does anyone notice? Glenn Beck and most of the others never touch the hard topics of fair wages, outsourcing, monetary manipulation, or work in sweat shops that amount to slavery conditions. Now all of a sudden the conservatives are noticing inequality as if it materialized this past year.

"Japan ships 1.5 million cars to America each year, but allows only 20,000 American cars into its own market. Since 2012, Japan’s yen has devalued by 50 percent against the dollar. Now Japan wants tariff-free access to the U.S. market through the TPP while it continues to cheat on currency." see American Manufacturing.org and TPP

Your post has to Manu things to address , so I will just use the last part.

What's the point of your post when saying japan exports 1.5 million cars a year to the U.S..A.

I guess it didn't want to mention japan makes over 3.6 million cars, with American workers in the U.S. every year

Cars made by Japanese automakers in U.S. hit record level last year

The math has been done, trumps tax plan will put more money into everyone pockets, and a fairly significant amount.

possibly enough to jump the economy.

hillary is promising some pocket change.

Tax cuts won't jump start anything. We've seen that. The variable in the formula for long term growth that's been flat for some time is wage growth. Giving people a couple of grand once a year isn't going to do anything. Consumers having a grand a month more in wages will go much further.

The last time I looked, presidents don't sign paychecks.

Last time I checked, Presidents influence outcomes via their policies. What candidate do you believe based on policies will yield more take home pay on a long term basis for the middle class?

What policies are currently inhibiting the growth of wages over the last 25 years?

I'm a Democrat and believe the Democratic candidate not only has a better idea of what the problems actually are but has a grasp on solutions as well. Simply raising the MW as a start would put much needed upward pressure on wages.I hear nothing from Republicans about wages at all and the only solution they ever offer for the economy is tax cuts. Look at this thread as an example.
When you look at the growth business has had over the last 25 years and compare it with the growth in wages, what explains the incongruity? Incentives need to be built into corporate taxes that allow for credits in exchange for keeping wages competitive to the cost of living. Simply giving a tax cut without requiring something in return does nothing for wages or workers.
Minimum Wage is a band-aid.

It's a start. It immediately bumps up wages through all tiers. It can then be built on with other incentives for employers to better compensate employees going forward.
Wages have been losing ground for decades. There's a lot of ground to make up.

It's a start. It immediately bumps up wages through all tiers

Since when? And for who?

I don't remember getting a raise the last three Times it was raised

The math has been done, trumps tax plan will put more money into everyone pockets, and a fairly significant amount.

Explain how a $15.00/hr minimum wage is 'pocket change?'
it won't make anyone middle class

min wage never has b/c it eventually does what we tell you time and time again.

telling you, again, what it will do, again, is a waste of time.

It's $2580.00/mo or $30,960.00/yr. A worker can have one full-time job and pay his/her way.

I will never understand liberal logic, so how in your world would that $30,960 a year be worth the same as $30,960 today?

What are you going to do freeze prices?

50% of American workers make $15 bucks or less an hour.

Something like 90% of American business are small~ how are they going to afford it?

Not to mention the 100,000 s of state and local goverment jobs that pay $15 bucks and less, they would have to raise taxes...

I know all liberals do is talk about stupid shit that never put more money in my pocket..

That's why I always vote for republicans..I want jobs millions and billions of them ..so burger flippers can make $18 bucks an hour. Because the rest of the skilled workers will be making $50~$150 an hour

I think you're omitting bringing jobs back.

That's a wish not a fact.
It's a fact; and not so hard to do.

What's a fact?
Drink some coffee.
Bringing business back is as difficult as it was for them to leave; not difficult at all.

You cannot create a tax cut large enough to bring back 1.00 an hour jobs overseas.
We don't need tax cuts; the rich pigs will have to sell one or more homes.

Trump will just give the rich another tax cut. Hillary will raise their taxes and cut taxes on the nonrich. Your tax review is the usual GOP BS propaganda. If you count all taxes and fees, EVERYONE is paying 20-30%, and the richest end up with almost all the new wealth.

The one tax graph you really need to know

By Ezra Klein September 19, 2012
At the heart of the debate over "the 47 percent" is an awful abuse of tax data.

This entire conversation is the result of a (largely successful) effort to redefine the debate over taxes from "how much in taxes do you pay" to "how much in federal income taxes do you pay?" This is good framing if you want to cut taxes on the rich. It's bad framing if you want to have even a basic understanding of who pays how much in taxes.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code. And the federal income tax is still our most famous tax. So when they hear that half of Americans aren't paying federal income taxes, they're outraged -- even if they're among the folks who have a net negative tax burden! After all, they know they're paying taxes, and there's no reason for normal human beings to assume that the taxes getting taken out of their paycheck every week and some of the taxes they pay at the end of the year aren't classified as "federal income taxes."

Confining the discussion to the federal income tax plays another role, too: It makes the tax code look much more progressive than it actually is.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he's not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That's the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it's a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.

Last edited:
As president, Hillary will:
  • Restore basic fairness to our tax code. Hillary will implement a “fair share surcharge” on multi-millionaires and billionaires and fight for measures like the Buffett Rule to ensure the wealthiest Americans do not pay a lower tax rate than hardworking middle-class families. She’ll close loopholes that create a private tax system for the most fortunate, and she’ll ensure multi-million-dollar estates are paying their fair share of taxes.
  • Close corporate and Wall Street tax loopholes and invest in America. Hillary will close tax loopholes like inversions that reward companies for shifting profits and jobs overseas. She will charge an “exit tax” for companies leaving the U.S. to settle up on their untaxed foreign earnings. She will close tax loopholes that let Wall Street money managers pay lower rates than some middle-class families. And she’ll reward businesses that invest in good-paying jobs here in the United States.
  • Simplify and cut taxes for small businesses so they can hire and grow. The smallest businesses, with one to five employees, spend 150 hours and $1,100 per employee on federal tax compliance. That’s more than 20 times higher than the average for far larger firms. We’ve got to fix that.
  • Provide tax relief to working families from the rising costs they face. For too many years, middle-class families have been squeezed by rising costs for everything from child care to health care to affording college. Hillary will offer relief from these rising costs, including tax relief for Americans facing excessive out-of-pocket health care costs and for those caring for an ill or elderly family member.
  • Pay for ambitious investments in a fiscally responsible way. Hillary believes that we can afford to pay for ambitious, progressive investments in good-paying jobs, debt-free college, and other measures to strengthen growth, broaden opportunity, and reduce inequality. Hillary will use the proceeds from ensuring the wealthiest and the largest corporations pay their fair share to pay for these investments without adding to the debt.
From Hillary Clinton.com

As President, Hillary will...

1. allow the Mossad to continue to murder Americans, and classify such as "Islamic Terror"
2. use the Mossad fraud to start wars in the Middle East "to help Israel," something she has done before
3. raise taxes
4. make hundreds of billions of taxdollars vanish
5. dyke off a lot

As President, Hillary will...

1. allow the Mossad to continue to murder Americans, and classify such as "Islamic Terror"
2. use the Mossad fraud to start wars in the Middle East "to help Israel," something she has done before
3. raise taxes
4. make hundreds of billions of taxdollars vanish
5. dyke off a lot
^^Brainwashed disconnect from reality- the New BS GOP way, for dupes only. Appears to be about 40% ofthe country...Thanks, GOP.

Brainwashed disconnect from reality- the New BS GOP way, for dupes only. Appears to be about 40% ofthe country...Thanks, GOP

Telling truth to Democrats gets responses like the above.

PS - Libertarian for Johnson

Those with skills earn more.

Explain how a $15.00/hr minimum wage is 'pocket change?'
it won't make anyone middle class

min wage never has b/c it eventually does what we tell you time and time again.

telling you, again, what it will do, again, is a waste of time.

It's $2580.00/mo or $30,960.00/yr. A worker can have one full-time job and pay his/her way.

I will never understand liberal logic, so how in your world would that $30,960 a year be worth the same as $30,960 today?

What are you going to do freeze prices?

50% of American workers make $15 bucks or less an hour.

Something like 90% of American business are small~ how are they going to afford it?

Not to mention the 100,000 s of state and local goverment jobs that pay $15 bucks and less, they would have to raise taxes...
you need to stop looking at it that way.

liberal logic doesn't exist, there's not thought into their stances.

It's leftist feeling.

They 'feel' that raising the min will be the cure, the fact that it never has done what they claim it does would require a logical ability to see facts.

it's like feeling that socialism will work, this time.

Disallow states and cities to insensitivise companies going to their particular area with really low tax rates and do what the EU has done and say that all companies must pay the same level of tax within a state or a city, therefore corporations will have to pair a fair share of taxes, which means the Middle Class can pay less.

Lmao you serious?

You want all companies to pay the same amount of taxes?

How is that going to work?

You really hate that you can't hold companies hostage in the land of the free, do you?

Well seeing as I didn't say that, I'm not sure why you're asking this.

What I'm talking about is stopping companies getting massively preferential treatment. Why should a company like Apple be paying 0.001% taxes while local companies set up by some person struggles and has to pay the full 12.5%?

Do I think it would be holding a company like Apple hostage to make them pay their way? No, I don't. Apple uses the infrastructure and other things in these places as much as anyone else.

It's like going to the supermarket and the poor guy arrives at the checkout and pays for his goods, and the rich guy arrives and the supermarket say they're free. The rich guy doesn't need the goods for free.

It's funny how when poor people get money from the govt the right go crazy. When the rich get free money you love it.

Trump by a Landslide. Clinton's a NWO Globalist Elite Puppet. She fully supports all of the awful Globalist Trade Deals that have been negotiated in recent years. She doesn't care about American Citizens. She's all-in with George Soros on breaking the nation.

Trump's proposing putting Americans first again. He wants to negotiate Trade Deals that truly benefit American Citizens. That deeply upsets the Globalist Elites, but it's what the American People desperately need.

The rich have already spoken, Clinton will be the next President. We can't afford another Republican.

That's very sad. With her as President, the NWO Globalist Elites will hijack our Supreme Court. And they certainly don't have American Citizen's best interests in mind. I truly hope folks really understand what a Clinton Presidency means for their country. Trump may be a bit brash, but he is the only hope for holding the NWO folks off.

'New World Order?'

Did your dog tell you your foil hat makes you look funny?

Clinton doesn't represent American Citizens' best interests. She represents the NWO Global Elite best interests. She doesn't care about American Citizens. And she will appoint her fellow NWO Globalists to the Supreme Court. It could be the end of our nation. These are very precarious times.

Clinton want to raise wages for the majority of Americans.

Forum List

Back