Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hyundai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Others (please specify)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I voted Tesla (but not because of the Libstain reason of hating Musk now).

in 2012 or so Tesla was a new gimmick $100K luxury car loved by Silicon Valley for its technical expertise. Silicon Valley could afford it. Tesla became the rage For every manager level to CEO type to curious design engineers. I lived it. Free charging out front of big companies, while you worked.

Then Tesla tried to crack the $30K market little cars. JoeSixpack don’t want it. Mom don’t want it. What now?
You fuckup go back to inbreeding and buying $85K trucks that get 15 miles to gallon to drive in your drought sickened field that you rent.

You fuckup go back to inbreeding and buying $85K trucks that get 15 miles to gallon to drive in your drought sickened field that you rent.

What are you babbling about you black-mouthed Cow?

I bought a UAW Ford GAS car trying to help you and your brethren put Malt Liquor in your bellies at the domiono brawl you are probably at. I dont want electric nor buying a charger setup. I know where my Chevron station is.

Yeah, you idiots pushing EV's sure do love failure.

I remember the movie Big Jake. John Wayne didn’t appreciate the new thing. An automobile. They would go farther and last longer than a horse. He wanted to stay with the horses.

That was the attitude when cars first entered the market. It would never replace a horse. I don’t see many horses around now.

Times change.

What are you babbling about you black-mouthed Cow?

I bought a UAW Ford GAS car trying to help you and your brethren put Malt Liquor in your bellies at the domiono brawl you are probably at. I dont want electric nor buying a charger setup. I know where my Chevron station is.

Well chances are that Ford was built in Mexico.

A full third of Ford vehicles are built in Mexico, and that is only going up.

So I guess you were trying to put Cervesa in their bellies?

For the record, I recently purchased a Tesla Model 3. The original price was $49k, discounted by three thousand. I will benefit from a $7,500 FIT credit and a $2,000 PA tax credit, and I will also have six months of "free" supercharging, so driving it for the first 6-8 thousand miles will cost me nothing.

And for my money, I get a compact sport sedan that will out perform everything else in its class (0-60 in 4.1 sec.), has more convenience features than I will ever use (increasing daily due to over-the-air software improvements), will cost far less to drive and maintain than ANY ICE vehicle, and will help to save the [fucking] planet.

Can't imagine why anyone would buy one. Can you?

EVs won't fail, they will eventually capture the majority of the market, relegating gas to niche markets only. In India, the worlds most populous nation, they are mandating some (mostly in cities) new vehicles be EV. Smog is the short-term issue, GW the long-term one. Any car maker that wants to compete globally will need to offer EVs.
Do the math.

will also have six months of "free" supercharging,

where? You got to drive to it and sit and wait? You gotta buy a charger in your garage? Performance Power means little stuck in work commute traffic.

I’m sure it worked good for you with $10K off GOVT help from us. Your batteries only degrade. Insurance cost thru roof? Home insurance too? wont be good in weather extremes at 1/2 range? Just asking. Again good for you.

I know where my Chevron is. I don’t want to install charger or drive to find one And sit in line with the silicon valley Indians.

I remember the movie Big Jake. John Wayne didn’t appreciate the new thing. An automobile. They would go farther and last longer than a horse. He wanted to stay with the horses.

That was the attitude when cars first entered the market. It would never replace a horse. I don’t see many horses around now.

Times change.
Clearly you don't remember the movie very well then, as the automobiles got stuck and broke down. Within the first couple of miles. You also seem to forget that the electric car ruled the market until the ICE conquered all thanks to efficiency, and ease of infrastructure construction.

So, basically, like most uneducated people, you want to go BACKWARDS, because you ARE, uneducated.

Clearly you don't remember the movie very well then, as the automobiles got stuck and broke down. Within the first couple of miles. You also seem to forget that the electric car ruled the market until the ICE conquered all thanks to efficiency, and ease of infrastructure construction.

So, basically, like most uneducated people, you want to go BACKWARDS, because you ARE, uneducated.

Actually. The cars made it to a canyon where the kidnappers ambushed them and shot them up. People and cars. Although to be fair any horses would have been stopped by the bullets too.

1 billion people + laws encouraging EVs = BIG market.
Only as long as government mandates, and steals from some people, to give to others. A market that can't survive on it own merit, is a market that is not going to survive. It's simple logic.

Only as long as government mandates, and steals from some people, to give to others. A market that can't survive on it own merit, is a market that is not going to survive. It's simple logic.
It’s already surviving on its own fuckup.

Like ICE cars before with gas station networks the EV industry is only going up. In 2024 many more charging stations coming online.

Simple yes, correct no. I think the gov't is well within its mandate to require zero emission cars in cities where smog is a health issue and, so far as I know, EVs are the only viable option.

Simple yes, correct no. I think the gov't is well within its mandate to require zero emission cars in cities where smog is a health issue and, so far as I know, EVs are the only viable option.

Oh? Hydrogen isn't viable? Sure works pretty damn good, and isn't a strain on the electrical grid.

For the record, I recently purchased a Tesla Model 3. The original price was $49k, discounted by three thousand. I will benefit from a $7,500 FIT credit and a $2,000 PA tax credit, and I will also have six months of "free" supercharging, so driving it for the first 6-8 thousand miles will cost me nothing.

And for my money, I get a compact sport sedan that will out perform everything else in its class (0-60 in 4.1 sec.), has more convenience features than I will ever use (increasing daily due to over-the-air software improvements), will cost far less to drive and maintain than ANY ICE vehicle, and will help to save the [fucking] planet.

Can't imagine why anyone would buy one. Can you?
If the incentives are there, take advantage, which you did.

But would I still buy one? No. The extra cost to buy one wipes out many ICE refueling miles. If you prang an EV, it's a write off. Insurance is too high, as well as it's fire risk.

And Tesla is winning the opinion poll, so not much confidence with Tesla.

H2 combustion does generate NOx so it is not zero emission.
We'll use fusion power to generate electricity with which we will electrolyze water and capture both the hydrogen and oxygen and then store and burn them both in the car for perfect combustion.

Forum List

Back