Which is more feasible? Underwater colonies or colonizing another planet or moon?

We can colonize the Moon, mars and
Seems like underwater colonies would be something we could do now and we wouldnt need a fucking spacesuit or clothes 2 feet think to handle Titans temperatures.
Colonizing the Moon, Mars and Titan is easy. First step is to drop off a few SUV's and leave them running 24/7 filling their atmosphere with CO2

Last edited:
If we are looking for a place to settle if the earth suffers a natural disaster, under water is more feasible than another planet

If we are looking for a place to settle if the earth suffers a natural disaster, under water is more feasible than another planet
Thats what i think, too. But i have read that with technology right now, we could only build colonies down there capable of holding around 75-100 people.

Seems like underwater colonies would be something we could do now and we wouldnt need a fucking spacesuit or clothes 2 feet think to handle Titans temperatures.
Seems damn near impossible. The most unknown place on our planet. The pressure of underwater living is near impossible w/o an infrastructure and materials that can withstand it. Looking for that stuff in space because it's impossible to mine here. One more time... impossible. At least years and years beyond if ever.

We've screwed up the surface of this planet and it's bad enough that we use the oceans as trash dumps, so we need to not further screw up the oceans.
Colonize other planets and moons.

If we can determine the moon has a significant supply of water that could sustain a colony of say 100 people for 50 years, that would be the way to go IMO. Rather than building super expensive pressure resistant structures under water. The moon is only 250,000 miles away and we would learn a ton about colonizing.

Both are feasible. Underwater colonies don't have the return on investment that a space colony would.

More feasible? Outer space. In truth, neither is really doable without concerted worldwide effort.

The question I would have about the oceans is "why"? Space has a purpose of sorts.

I wish i could live longer so i could see how advanced we are in space travel in a few hundred years :(
IMO, until they find a more suitable way of traveling the solar system it is not feasible. Until they can come up with a way to get from here to Mars in 4 or 5 days, it's too dangerous and time consuming. Plus they need a way to get off Earth without chemical rockets.

I wish i could live longer so i could see how advanced we are in space travel in a few hundred years :(

I want to see when we discover jellyfish, octopus and coral in the oceans of ALL of the water Moon in our solar system, and the octopus have been communicating with the Earth based brothers

Seems damn near impossible. The most unknown place on our planet. The pressure of underwater living is near impossible w/o an infrastructure and materials that can withstand it. Looking for that stuff in space because it's impossible to mine here. One more time... impossible. At least years and years beyond if ever.
There are underwater labs and even "hotels" now.

Forum List

Back