Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The woman should always have priority unless she chooses otherwise. This really shouldn't be a debate.
In cases of an unmarried couple becoming pregnant, how would you feel about the man having the right to deny responsibility or support if he does it in time for an abortion to be performed.
If she has the baby anyway, he would have no legal responsibility to pay for the next 18 years.
does that sound fair? it does to me.

The woman should always have priority unless she chooses otherwise. This really shouldn't be a debate.
In cases of an unmarried couple becoming pregnant, how would you feel about the man having the right to deny responsibility or support if he does it in time for an abortion to be performed.
If she has the baby anyway, he would have no legal responsibility to pay for the next 18 years.

That wasn't the OP's question

I'm not a woman. I don't have the right to legislate her body. Only Republicans feel they have that right.

That wasn't the OP's question
how can one honestly answer a question without first considering all of the variables?

Of course it does.

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

I'm somewhere in the middle on abortion

I think that at some point during gestation we have to call the fetus a baby.

I think in the first trimester abortion should be available without question statistically most miscarriages happen during this time frame
It's the second and third trimester elective abortions that I think become a concern ethically. And in this day and age where women can know they are pregnant within days of missing a period I think 90 days is sufficient time to decide whether to abort or not

This goes without saying that if the mother's life is ever in danger that an abortion at anytime of the pregnancy should remain an option

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.
Since about 98 percent of all abortions have nothing to do with the health of the mother, or health of the child, or rape, or incest, then the child takes precedence.
It doesn't matter if the abortion is done for the health/rape/incest, whatever, if you're perfectly fine with an abortion in cases of health/rape/incest then you should be perfectly fine with women having a right to privacy and making their own decisions.

I can't see how it can be viewed as anything but selfish to place so little concern and regard towards the unborn life she's carrying. Was this nation not founded upon the belief that we are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are [the right to] Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness?

Since about 98 percent of all abortions have nothing to do with the health of the mother, or health of the child, or rape, or incest, then the child takes precedence.
It doesn't matter if the abortion is done for the health/rape/incest, whatever, if you're perfectly fine with an abortion in cases of health/rape/incest then you should be perfectly fine with women having a right to privacy and making their own decisions.

I can't see how it can be viewed as anything but selfish to place so little concern and regard towards the unborn life she's carrying. Was this nation not founded upon the belief that we are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are [the right to] Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness?
Abortion has always been a fact in American history, and women have not much worried about the law concerning it.

The innocent life created by no fault of itself.

Why strip all the welfare services that provide care to infants born to poor meth addicts living on the streets - especially in regions where Churches and the private sector are not fixing the problem?

At what point do you side with the compassion of Christ over his corrupt Republican interlocutors?

The innocent life created by no fault of itself.

Why strip all the welfare services that provide care to infants born to poor meth addicts living on the streets - especially in regions where Churches and the private sector are not fixing the problem?

At what point do you side with the compassion of Christ over his corrupt Republican interlocutors?

Their talk is cheap.

98e2e8f24ce350f278c15f00c5794eff.jpg

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.
Oh right because "God's will" has always been part of constitutional law.

Ask the hildabitch, her spawn is preggos, is it a mass of cells or her future grandchild?

Betty Bowers
1240244_10151630297181872_856095944_n.png
America's Number One Christian

"Religious Freedom" legislation, GOP style...

Violation: Forcing a baker to deliver a gay-wedding cake.

Not a Violation: Forcing her to deliver a rapist's baby.

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.
There are a ton of God s which of the God's will are you channeling ? I worship all the Gods no sense taking a chance because they are all very sensitive about being worshiped and have a bad temper..

Forum List

Back