Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chikenwing's simply twists evidence to his philosophy.

Thus his comments are immaterial.

He wants to control female bits and pieces.

Nope but nice fall back on the same old talking points,that pop up when you have nothing.

The only person that matters is the one that looses his or hers life.

Its about saving the most innocent,but your love of self,blinds you,you can't address the question,I understand that,your head might blow up.

stfu. When you get to be host to something you don't want growing in you, then you might have a say since you ARE the host. Until then...fuck off.

Then use birth control, or don't have sex, it's really quite simple! You act like women are victims of pregnancy when they have total control over that, 100% complete and total control! Quit trying to portray women as stupid, helpless victims! Women are powerful, strong, intelligent, independant.... UNTIL they get pregnant, then all of a sudden they're a poor, helpless, victim and have the role of 'host' forced on them. So why don't you STFU and control your own damn body and quit whining like a helpless victim when you're anything but! If a woman gets pregnant, it's exactly because she didn't exert control over her own body, don't you dumbasses ever get it???

Both my kids were conceived while my wife was on her Birth control. I broke right through them. condoms break, Pills don't always work, and sometimes its just none of your damn business what a couple or woman decides to do.

I am personally against abortion except for rape or incest or health of the mother.

But I don't believe anyone else morally has the right to legislate for others on this matter.

A true conservative and a true libertarian will agree with my philosophy.

I am personally against abortion except for rape or incest or health of the mother.

But I don't believe anyone else morally has the right to legislate for others on this matter.

A true conservative and a true libertarian will agree with my philosophy.
Very few people are in favor of abortions, but they are in favor of a women having the right to choose. There's big difference. Sadly, there are many that don't see the difference.

The egg, the fetus, or the woman? Do you REALLY want to know the truth? Well today is your lucky day, my wacky leftist comrade. I am going to answer your question.

The answer is the fetus, but with a qualification. Let me explain why. First, in terms of value the male is clearly more important. He earns more than the woman. Also, he wields more power and influence. Let us not forget that America is not alone in this world. In many - dare I say most? - cultures the woman is viewed as inferior. Across the world they are unequal to men in the eyes of the law. Is this "right"? That is not the issue. Is it fact that culturally women are not equal? Yes.

Now to address your hypo. With a fertilized egg it is not yet determined what the sex will be. Therefore, there is the risk that the sex will be female. At the other end of the spectrum is the woman. We already know where she stands in the social order - right smack at the bottom.

Finally, there is the fetus. Clearly, based on the foregoing the male fetus is more valuable than the female fetus. It would also have to be considered more valuable than the woman for obvious reasons.

Thus, the answer is that the male fetus is more important than the woman, a female fetus, and a mere fertilized egg. Next in priority is the egg, for it's sex is not yet determined; it may turn out to be male. After that I would say that the female fetus is next, for its earning capacity is more than the adult woman because it still has its whole adult life in front of her and for reasons of dowry. Finally, at the bottom of the heap is the adult woman. She is female, some of her earning potential is already exhausted, she is a much higher liability risk as far as health care, she has already been de-flowered, and so forth.

There you have it. If you insist on imposing a hierarchy on life, then you had better be ready for the consequences. My analysis is entirely consistent with women's role in civilized society for centuries. Frankly, I do not find it very constructive to impose such a hierarchy on life, but apparently you leftists do.

The egg, the fetus, or the woman? Do you REALLY want to know the truth? Well today is your lucky day, my wacky leftist comrade. I am going to answer your question.

The answer is the fetus, but with a qualification. Let me explain why. First, in terms of value the male is clearly more important. He earns more than the woman. Also, he wields more power and influence. Let us not forget that America is not alone in this world. In many - dare I say most? - cultures the woman is viewed as inferior. Across the world they are unequal to men in the eyes of the law. Is this "right"? That is not the issue. Is it fact that culturally women are not equal? Yes.

Now to address your hypo. With a fertilized egg it is not yet determined what the sex will be. Therefore, there is the risk that the sex will be female. At the other end of the spectrum is the woman. We already know where she stands in the social order - right smack at the bottom.

Finally, there is the fetus. Clearly, based on the foregoing the male fetus is more valuable than the female fetus. It would also have to be considered more valuable than the woman for obvious reasons.

Thus, the answer is that the male fetus is more important than the woman, a female fetus, and a mere fertilized egg. Next in priority is the egg, for it's sex is not yet determined; it may turn out to be male. After that I would say that the female fetus is next, for its earning capacity is more than the adult woman because it still has its whole adult life in front of her and for reasons of dowry. Finally, at the bottom of the heap is the adult woman. She is female, some of her earning potential is already exhausted, she is a much higher liability risk as far as health care, she has already been de-flowered, and so forth.

There you have it. If you insist on imposing a hierarchy on life, then you had better be ready for the consequences. My analysis is entirely consistent with women's role in civilized society for centuries. Frankly, I do not find it very constructive to impose such a hierarchy on life, but apparently you leftists do.

Thanks for your input. I believe it's the woman's right to choose. I believe the anti-choicers should stop trying to undermine Roe v. Wade through the back door.

The man.
wink_smile.gif

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.
Abortion rights are not black and white my opinion. In certain circumstances the mother and other's the baby. At some point in the pregnancy the right shifts from mother to kid. Sometimes it might shift back: mother's life is in jeopardy or the baby has birth defects.

This is a sincere poll. I would appreciate honest answers. If you're willing, I would also appreciate your reasons. I will not criticize your choice. I would just honestly like to know where USMB posters stand on this issue.

NOTE: I know there are many possible variables, but this poll assumes "typical" circumstances. In other words, this is a superficial poll that assumes "normal/average" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.
Since about 98 percent of all abortions have nothing to do with the health of the mother, or health of the child, or rape, or incest, then the child takes precedence.

Since about 98 percent of all abortions have nothing to do with the health of the mother, or health of the child, or rape, or incest, then the child takes precedence.
It doesn't matter if the abortion is done for the health/rape/incest, whatever, if you're perfectly fine with an abortion in cases of health/rape/incest then you should be perfectly fine with women having a right to privacy and making their own decisions.

Forum List

Back