Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

That was the government of Nixon, where Americans did not allow the government to impede freedoms the way we are seeing now.

I did retail for far too many years and do know the Government doesn't allow itself to get into price fixing. In fact, it's against at least 1 of the federal anti-trust laws. Every hear of the term, "Price Leader"? To advertise something below cost to draw in customers who will, envariably purchase at least one item more that is well above costs. Or how about Black Friday.

I did retail for far too many years and do know the Government doesn't allow itself to get into price fixing. In fact, it's against at least 1 of the federal anti-trust laws. Every hear of the term, "Price Leader"? To advertise something below cost to draw in customers who will, envariably purchase at least one item more that is well above costs. Or how about Black Friday.
Again, that was the government we used to have before liberals took over. In my state, our liberal governor declared, when COVID first struck, that we were only allowed to drive to the grocery store, the pharmacy, or to doctor’s appointments. We were NOT allowed to get in our car, keep the windows rolled up, take a 45-minute drive toward the mountains of WV, and then come straight home without stopping anywhere.

Now if the government can interfere with people’s freedoms to that degree, then I fear nothing is off the table.

Again, that was the government we used to have before liberals took over. In my state, our liberal governor declared, when COVID first struck, that we were only allowed to drive to the grocery store, the pharmacy, or to doctor’s appointments. We were NOT allowed to get in our car, keep the windows rolled up, take a 45-minute drive toward the mountains of WV, and then come straight home without stopping anywhere.

Now if the government can interfere with people’s freedoms to that degree, then I fear nothing is off the table.

You leave out the part where those restrictions were quickly lifted once we had a better handle on how Covid was transmitted.

It’s not COVID - the issue the Dems used to win last time.

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Everyone agree with me that the issue is inflation?
The fraudulent voting machines issue.

So you were getting people pissed-ass drunk on cheap beer, they were causing a lot of DUI accidents, and then someone decided they were sick of all these drunks and did something about it.

This is the problem with you wingnuts... you think Government is this mysterious force that frustrates you instead of what it actually is, the reflection of the popular will.

Gee, it sounds like the people of that town didn't like the noise. I actually researched this a bit, and not surprisingly, it's not the way you portrayed it. It actually sounds like the residents of the town had a lot of input in the initial noise ordinance and its revisions.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that it was conservatives that are to blame for the drinking age being lowered to 18, Joey? That happened because people in general thought that it was absurd that you could draft an 18 year old into the military but that same person couldn't legally buy a beer. That wasn't a conservative vs. liberal debate.

As for what I described in Wilmington? This took place twenty years ago, Joey. The front street area had gone from being somewhere that nobody wanted to live to being a place that was very "in" to live because of the clubs and restaurants that had been opened up. The issue for locals was that THEY weren't the ones who had invested in "downtown"...for decades they had invested in the College street area! The noise ordinance was how the Good Ole Boys who ran that town drove out the outsiders so they could snap up now valuable properties for cheap. Back then you were in violation if a Police officer standing across the street could "hear" music playing when your front door opened. There was no noise level limit determined by some expensive machine...it was totally up to the Police and the Police were totally controlled by the Good Ole Boys!

The issue that your articles describe is the conflict between all the people who have bought expensive condos in that now hip area but didn't like that it had a vibrant night life with numerous clubs that played music. That conflict was starting when I was there two decades ago. The difference now is that the bars that are making noise aren't owned by transplanted New Yorkers or Bostonians...they're owned by the Good Ole Boys...who have been selling those condos and profiting on those for years.

Not going to happen. That's one of the reasons that almost the entire political spectrum had to get rid of Nixon. He tried to price fix and it bit him pretty damned good. NO, this is not the official reason but it's the reason his own party jumped on that wagon headed for the gallows.
With all due respect, Vrenn...that is NOT why Nixon was forced to resign! That removal took place when he attempted to use the FBI and the IRS against his political enemies. Note that I used the word "attempted"! Nixon wasn't successful in getting the FBI and the IRS to target people on his "enemies list" and when what he tried to do was exposed Republican leaders went to the White House and told him it was time for him to resign or he WOULD be impeached!

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?​

Gerrymandering.

Tell you what, you want that changed? Easy. Get at least 95% of all the population in your state vaccinated. What you are trading is, one set of public safety issues (that IS a Government priority) for a simple solution. Instead, you scream "You can't tell me what to do" like a 6 year old and throw yourself to the ground and miss. Then you cry about it.

With all due respect, Vrenn...that is NOT why Nixon was forced to resign! That removal took place when he attempted to use the FBI and the IRS against his political enemies. Note that I used the word "attempted"! Nixon wasn't successful in getting the FBI and the IRS to target people on his "enemies list" and when what he tried to do was exposed Republican leaders went to the White House and told him it was time for him to resign or he WOULD be impeached!

Newsflash: Since the first day of the FBIs creation, it was used for things like that. And he was highly successful at it. The problem was, he was too successful at a lot of things. I voted for him twice and if another comes along like him as a Republican I would again. Sorry, rump need not apply for even I have standards no matter how low they may be.

The two issues which will drive the election are the economy and illegal immigration...

Tell you what, you want that changed? Easy. Get at least 95% of all the population in your state vaccinated. What you are trading is, one set of public safety issues (that IS a Government priority) for a simple solution. Instead, you scream "You can't tell me what to do" like a 6 year old and throw yourself to the ground and miss. Then you cry about it.
Huh? I’m vaccinated. But I don’t think government has the right to tell people what to do - be it a vaccine, or disallowing a drive in the country in one’s own car.

The two issues which will drive the election are the economy and illegal immigration...
Agree. We just have to make sure the Dems don’t push through their Voting Fraud Act, call a halt to the counting in the middle of the night, and truck in harvested ballots.

Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?​

Gerrymandering.

Stop with your holier-than-though liberal nonsense. You think the Dems don’t gerrymander? The libs in Maryland just presented a redistricting proposal to make sure they held the vast majority of the districts, and the governor vetoed it because he said it was gerrymandering, and he’s opposed to that.

The Dems overrode the veto, and pushed through the gerrymander.

Yes. As the election approaches, we need to remind all Americans how the Democrats stole the 2020 election.
What we need to do as the election approaches Is make sure the Dems don’t push through pro-Dem rules at the last minute, in violation of their own state constitution.

Huh? I’m vaccinated. But I don’t think government has the right to tell people what to do - be it a vaccine, or disallowing a drive in the country in one’s own car.

And you pay insurance, registration and licensing on your vehicle to drive on public roads, right? How about turning on your Gas or Electrics? Or breathing the air because the factory down the road had to clean it's act up. How about drinking water (not the bottled kind although most it comes from the same source) because that same factory had to stop dumping his crap into the river that you get your drinking water from? How about Polio where you are put into an isolation ward until it's treated (you have zero choice on that). Do you think it's a good thing for parents to send their children to school who have the measles or mumps which is known by the parents?

I have listed a few things that are social. But another name for it would be "Community" while another would be "Public Duty". Tell us where you live so we can shut off your electricity, Gas, rip up your roads, rip out your sewage and anything else the "Public" has contributed to your life. Don't mind the armed Police we have to station just outside your property (which the property will be up for auction soon).

Forum List

Back