🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

Some still have the right anatomical parts, but they can't cook like mom and grandma used to cook. And they have absolutely no clue how to sew.
But perhaps they’ve learned other skills that contribute to the family? They have gotten educations that prepared them for a professional career - “stopping out” when their kids, if they had them, were young - and then earning enough to help qualify for a mortgage on a nice home for the family, go on interesting vacations so the kids could get exposed to different cultures, have enjoyable family dinners out, that type of thing.

My point is.….woman have more value than just cooking and sewing.

Some still have the right anatomical parts, but they can't cook like mom and grandma used to cook. And they have absolutely no clue how to sew.

Yeah, and how many American men can (and do) support their families, fix the car, and hang a shelf straight in the laundry room?

I bet we ain't seen nuffin' yet. I'm expecting the witchhunt to get worse and worse all year till the midterms, and then in 2023 ---- nothing else will be on the air on the Internet at all except trashing Trump.

Why the Dems think this will win them any election, I don't know, but I bet it's quite a show.
They think that because it did win them the last election. Enough voters were brainwashed into thinking a dementia patient would be a better option than Trump that that, combined with some last-minute ballot harvesting in swing states - gave the election to the Demented One.

But perhaps they’ve learned other skills that contribute to the family? They have gotten educations that prepared them for a professional career - “stopping out” when their kids, if they had them, were young - and then earning enough to help qualify for a mortgage on a nice home for the family, go on interesting vacations so the kids could get exposed to different cultures, have enjoyable family dinners out, that type of thing.

My point is.….woman have more value than just cooking and sewing.

They had certainly better, since none of them have any value in cooking and sewing any more.

Mandates
Failed COVID promise
More COVID deaths than Trump
Open Borders
Surrendering border security
Surrendering national security
Surrendering energy independence
...for starters

Take your pick

I bet we ain't seen nuffin' yet. I'm expecting the witchhunt to get worse and worse all year till the midterms, and then in 2023 ---- nothing else will be on the air on the Internet at all except trashing Trump.

Why the Dems think this will win them any election, I don't know, but I bet it's quite a show.

Trump is their biggest fear right now. They seen what he did last time as President and with an all Republican Congress, it will be that on steroids. I'm far from any historian, but this is the first time in history to my knowledge an opposing party go after an ex-President a year after he left office. That's how scared they are of him.

They need more than to destroy his ability to run again, they need to try and discredit him as much as possible. He has a following, and supporting our candidates against theirs will be devastating for them.

It's no longer a matter of if they will lose, it's by how much that they have to focus on.

Trump is their biggest fear right now. They seen what he did last time as President and with an all Republican Congress, it will be that on steroids. I'm far from any historian, but this is the first time in history to my knowledge an opposing party go after an ex-President a year after he left office. That's how scared they are of him.

They need more than to destroy his ability to run again, they need to try and discredit him as much as possible. He has a following, and supporting our candidates against theirs will be devastating for them.

It's no longer a matter of if they will lose, it's by how much that they have to focus on.
Sure. I was a little surprised how scared they seem to be, but some of the polls lately! Saying repeatedly that Trump would win the 2024 election basically against all comers, handily. I don't believe polls, on any level, but it disconcerted me. This must be the kind of thing the Dems are doing, polling and taking temperatures. They sure screwed up! It's hard for me to understand why ANYTHING they've done in the last few years makes any sense at all, especially political sense.

Trump lost jobs because the rest of the world lost jobs. You mental midgets with the minds of a 10 year old keep repeating lies as if anybody but other mental midgets will believe you and you look stupid as all hell. The Dow has zero to do with the economy. Dementia has zero to do with any jobs unless you can name one policy responsible for it. The lower unemployment is not jobs created; they are jobs that have been there for months after the commies decided to pay people more to stay home.
You guys treated a Dow as a great sign of Trump's success... until it crashed and he had to lie about Covid to keep it from getting even worse.

Yes, Biden's rescue plan is responsible for jobs, as it allowed people displaced by TRUMP PLAGUE to keep paying the bills.

And now that I do you still say the same shit lowlife. You are scum of the earth and every poster here knows it. You're pissed off because a government doctor said I was too disabled to work and your sister got the shaft. See how God works?
Naw, my sister had people who loved her to support her.... while you stew miserably in your slum, hating your neighbors... Karma is a bitch. .

All they have to do is get more votes than anybody else. It was like that hundreds of years ago and it's like that today.
The electoral college lets you win even if the other person gets more votes. More importantly, even if a third party got more votes, the EC would just toss it into Congress where the two parties will cover their own asses.

Yet you can't post anything racist Trump ran on. Dementia's words is what speaks for itself. You know, like the problem in the black community is that the parents can't read or write either? Lowlifes.
I've posted these dozens of times... but since you are a racist you don't think anything is wrong with it.

Sure. I was a little surprised how scared they seem to be, but some of the polls lately! Saying repeatedly that Trump would win the 2024 election basically against all comers, handily. I don't believe polls, on any level, but it disconcerted me. This must be the kind of thing the Dems are doing, polling and taking temperatures. They sure screwed up! It's hard for me to understand why ANYTHING they've done in the last few years makes any sense at all, especially political sense.

What they did was focus on reversing anything Trump did or planned on doing, and that's why we are in such bad shape today. That was their political strategy.

The Political Cycle works like this.

1) Republicans REALLY Fuck things up, and the Democrats are brought in to replace them.
2) Republicans whine about how Democrats aren't fixing the things they fucked up fast enough.
3) Democrats fix things, so Republicans move on to playing on the racial, sexual and religious fears. It usually doesn't work, and the Democrat gets re-elected.
4) When the people don't fall for that bullshit, Republicans just straight up cheat.

We are on stage 2. Same place we were at in 1994 or 2010.

You are not inclined to share your thoughts on WHAT these supposed bright spots are?
It depends on what criteria you use. If you are a woke lefty liking free money without having to work for it, there are a few things Biden has done that you would like. Bottom line, Independents and moderates decide elections and there are very few bright spots for those whose votes actually count. I think many of these voters have found out that a kinder, gentler, non name calling president isn't necessarily better just due to those traits and can be, in fact, worse. The only real reason Biden won is of the perception that Trump wasn't doing enough on Covid and yet, here we are, with increased medical knowledge, more cases than we have ever had.

I’ve said it before presidents don’t have a lot of influence on the economy, at least short term.

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but presidents can have great short term economic impacts by instilling confidence or fear in themselves or their agenda, thus confidence or fear in investments, and of course, if they kill off the energy sector, rattle war cages, or propose huge spending bills with massive debt.

But if presidents can't affect the economy, how can they possible prevent or be blamed for 600,000 dead from a virus that no one saw coming? Especially if presidents don't have any federal solutions?

Trump got 7 million more votes than last time, Biden got 11 million more votes than Hillary. In terms of percentage, Trump didn't gain anything.

This ain't about percentages.
I thought the democrats were all about popular vote and real numbers?

This ain't about percentages.
I thought the democrats were all about popular vote and real numbers?

Actually, it's exactly about percentages.. and the percentages have been pretty consistent. I will start with 2000 because 96 and 92 had credible third party participation.

Dems since 2000 - 48.5, 49, 54, 52, 48, 51

Republicans since 2000 48, 50, 45, 47, 46, 47

The numbers really haven't changed in terms of percentages, the raw number of votes has steadily increased because the electorate has gotten larger

So people who sat on the sidelines in 2016 (A low point in voter turnout) showed up in 2020, but the percentages really didn't shift that much. Probably more in Biden's favor, because the people who voted for third parties voted for him this time.

Forum List

Back