🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

Stop with your holier-than-though liberal nonsense. You think the Dems don’t gerrymander? The libs in Maryland just presented a redistricting proposal to make sure they held the vast majority of the districts, and the governor vetoed it because he said it was gerrymandering, and he’s opposed to that.

The Dems overrode the veto, and pushed through the gerrymander.

Yes, they both do it. But in relation, the DNC sleeps with a date so she can eat a good meal while the RNC is more like a high priced call girl.

But I don’t think government has the right to tell people what to do
Guess what? It does. It tells you not to drive 85 in a 45 zone. It tells you not to smoke in public. It tells you not to endanger the public's well being in all manner of ways by banning sociopathic behavior. Like not spreading a potentially lethal disease.

And you pay insurance, registration and licensing on your vehicle to drive on public roads, right? How about turning on your Gas or Electrics? Or breathing the air because the factory down the road had to clean it's act up. How about drinking water (not the bottled kind although most it comes from the same source) because that same factory had to stop dumping his crap into the river that you get your drinking water from? How about Polio where you are put into an isolation ward until it's treated (you have zero choice on that). Do you think it's a good thing for parents to send their children to school who have the measles or mumps which is known by the parents?

I have listed a few things that are social. But another name for it would be "Community" while another would be "Public Duty". Tell us where you live so we can shut off your electricity, Gas, rip up your roads, rip out your sewage and anything else the "Public" has contributed to your life. Don't mind the armed Police we have to station just outside your property (which the property will be up for auction soon).
Here’s what you libs don’t understand. Because you take the “100% my way or the highway” approach (revealed when you all throw a hissy fit if someone expresses an opinion that isn’t 100% in agreement wih the lib position).

Things are a matter of degree. Would you not agree with me that the VA governor went too far when he disallowed drives into the country, in one’s own car, without stopping, simply to get out of the house during the lockdown?

Guess what? It does. It tells you not to drive 85 in a 45 zone. It tells you not to smoke in public. It tells you not to endanger the public's well being in all manner of ways by banning sociopathic behavior. Like not spreading a potentially lethal disease.
1640960242036.png

That can't be controlled by government. Viruses do what viruses do. You can catch covid from an unvaccinated person or a vaccinated person. Smoking where you want or driving over the speed limit are not rights. A right is life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Again, it’s a matter of degree.

The omicron variant now spreading is mild, for the most part, and it’s been estimated that it’s SO mild that in the vast majority of cases, people are asymptomatic. The fear-mongering by the libs is simply a refusal to relinquish control, and keep useful idiots doing what they’re told to do.

It’s not COVID - the issue the Dems used to win last time.

It‘s inflation - both it’s actual impact on working and middle class people as well as the WH’s sometimes cavalier altitude toward it. (“Big deal. So your turkey will cost an extra $1.”)

Everyone agree with me that the issue is inflation?

This issue in the midterms is the same issue that handed the House, the Senate and the White House to the Democrats - Donald Trump. As long as he leads the party, you're toast.

This issue in the midterms is the same issue that handed the House, the Senate and the White House to the Democrats - Donald Trump. As long as he leads the party, you're toast.
So you believe in November of 22 the Democratic Party will retain control of the House?

And you pay insurance, registration and licensing on your vehicle to drive on public roads, right? How about turning on your Gas or Electrics? Or breathing the air because the factory down the road had to clean it's act up. How about drinking water (not the bottled kind although most it comes from the same source) because that same factory had to stop dumping his crap into the river that you get your drinking water from? How about Polio where you are put into an isolation ward until it's treated (you have zero choice on that). Do you think it's a good thing for parents to send their children to school who have the measles or mumps which is known by the parents?

I have listed a few things that are social. But another name for it would be "Community" while another would be "Public Duty". Tell us where you live so we can shut off your electricity, Gas, rip up your roads, rip out your sewage and anything else the "Public" has contributed to your life. Don't mind the armed Police we have to station just outside your property (which the property will be up for auction soon).
Strawman 101. It’s social but paid by monies earned via capitalism. See how that works?

Again, it’s a matter of degree.

The omicron variant now spreading is mild, for the most part, and it’s been estimated that it’s SO mild that in the vast majority of cases, people are asymptomatic. The fear-mongering by the libs is simply a refusal to relinquish control, and keep useful idiots doing what they’re told to do.

Some experts believe there is a good chance that people who did catch Omicron will be more protected against variants like Delta. At least those virologists on the right are looking at Omicron as the possible savior of this covid crisis. Vaccines are good when you have nothing else in your holster, but natural immunity ends the spread of the virus.

The real issue is the Communists are bleeding minority and Independent votes like a sieve. That and they won't have mail-in voting next election to get that welfare vote from people too Fn lazy to vote and handed a ballot on their kitchen table.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that it was conservatives that are to blame for the drinking age being lowered to 18, Joey? That happened because people in general thought that it was absurd that you could draft an 18 year old into the military but that same person couldn't legally buy a beer. That wasn't a conservative vs. liberal debate.

Um, no one was talking about the drinking age, Dogstyle...

YOu were whining because they changed the laws getting rid of happy hour. I pointed out that MIGHT be a good idea. You k now, people getting piss drunk on cheap beer and then driving home afterwards.

The issue that your articles describe is the conflict between all the people who have bought expensive condos in that now hip area but didn't like that it had a vibrant night life with numerous clubs that played music. That conflict was starting when I was there two decades ago. The difference now is that the bars that are making noise aren't owned by transplanted New Yorkers or Bostonians...they're owned by the Good Ole Boys...who have been selling those condos and profiting on those for years.

Um, still not seeing the problem here. People in the community didn't like the all night bars.

I used to live in a place called Cicero, IL which had the same problem. All night bars that were kind of a public nuisance. I remember one time I heard some moaning in my gangway, and there was this tattooed freak passed out with one leg hanging over a fence. So I called the cops, who promptly gave the guy a kick in the ass. Turns out he was leaving a bar, forgot where he was and passed out in my gangway.

Another occasion, some patrons of one of the bars had a fight in my backyard. Hit the poor guy with a metal rake I left in the backyard. (I stopped leaving my garden tools out after that.) Eventually, the town got behind a mayor who promised to clean that shit up, and she did.

Some experts believe there is a good chance that people who did catch Omicron will be more protected against variants like Delta. At least those virologists on the right are looking at Omicron as the possible savior of this covid crisis. Vaccines are good when you have nothing else in your holster, but natural immunity ends the spread of the virus.
Absolutely. I think this omicron variant is a blessing in disguise. I am just going about my life normally now, the same way I do when we’re in the midst of a bad flu season. If I get it, I get…..odds are it will be mild. If not, that Covid pill is extremely effective.

The real issue is the Communists are bleeding minority and Independent votes like a sieve. That and they won't have mail-in voting next election to get that welfare vote from people too Fn lazy to vote and handed a ballot on their kitchen table.
Precisely. Zuckerberg put in half a billion dollars (!) to pay people to canvass poor, inner-city neighborhoods and promise the dummies too lazy to vote that if you mark “Biden” (here….let me help you….just check that box there) they would get more welfare money.

The Dems will make voting rights the big issue.
They want to impose their HR1 "voting reform" bill that would legalize voter fraud and election rigging.

It's all of the above. I guess people will just have to choose which one pisses them off the most since there are so many to choose from.

Oh, there are all kinds of things which will be fought over, but the economy is always at the forefront. Also, the way Biden's handled illegal immigration, by not insisting on Covid tests and vaccines for illegal aliens who are getting scattered all over the country, all but prove he has no interest whatsoever in truly fighting the spread of Covid...

Oh, there are all kinds of things which will be fought over, but the economy is always at the forefront. Also, the way Biden's handled illegal immigration, by not insisting on Covid tests and vaccines for illegal aliens who are getting scattered all over the country, all but prove he has no interest whatsoever in truly fighting the spread of Covid...

Of course they don't. Remember the Democrat party motto: Party first-country second. Now normally I would agree with you about the economy, but we are now living in a different world. The economy will come back unless they can pass a tax hike on our job creators, so given the fact that it's a year away, anything can happen. But the border is like gum on a shoe. Even if they do something about it, the damage is already done, and that's not going to go away by next year. People who watch real news will be exposed to stories like in Florida, where Dementia sent them a plane of illegals overnight, and one of them ended up killing an American. Those kinds of stories will continue to haunt them into 2024.

Newsflash: Since the first day of the FBIs creation, it was used for things like that. And he was highly successful at it. The problem was, he was too successful at a lot of things. I voted for him twice and if another comes along like him as a Republican I would again. Sorry, rump need not apply for even I have standards no matter how low they may be.
I note that you've abandoned your premise that Nixon was sacked because he attempted "price fixing".

Forum List

Back