🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Which single issue hands the midterms to the GOP?

You want to compare your accomplishments to mine? I have a college degree and I'm a decorated veteran. I win.
Want to compare houses? you live in a slum and I live in a nice neighborhood.
Want to compare salaries? I promise you don't make as much as I do.
I ll play this game:

I speak two languages fluently. Duke undergrad and NU MBA. I run my own business, I sit on a board of major university and I volunteer at the MSPCA. I own a house in a nicer area than your condo. I definitely make more than you.

I win

With all due respect, Vrenn...your memory is flawed. They had Nixon dead to rights on Obstruction of Justice charges once the White House tapes were released. The Republican leaders of the House and the Senate along with Barry Goldwater visited Nixon at the White House on August 7th to inform him that there were enough votes against him in both the House and the Senate to convict him for that. Nixon resigned the next day.

I'm actually a History major who remembers the details of that time quite well.

And afterwards, it was determined that there wasn't enough votes for a conviction in the Senate. Nixon didn't resign out of guilt (he was encapable of that) he resigned because EVERYONE hounded him mercisly until he all but lost his mind. In the last 3 days, he completely lost the ability to lead the Military. We did a sit down for those 3 days. I didn't get that from the news or some crackpot historian, I got that from a briefing on day 2. We continued to train, do what a peaceful military does day to day but would NOT go to war on just Nixons say nor be used for anything by Nixon. Nixon could have been the best President in history but failed. He ended up still working for the US Government, refused the Security Detail, refused the funds for an office and accepted half pay on his retirement. As for how important he was in his "Retirement" time the saying "Only Nixon can go China" comes to mind. In all that, Nixon still did the honorable thing in the end. If you took all Nixon's good qualities, you would have a great President. If you took all of Nixon's bad qualities you would have tRump.

Why we have so many single parent households? Because it’s the system that exists and perpetuates into itself.

Because the left promoted it so much during the big women's lib days in the 70's. After they learned it created more government dependency, they knew they latched on to something to create more Democrat voters.

And afterwards, it was determined that there wasn't enough votes for a conviction in the Senate. Nixon didn't resign out of guilt (he was encapable of that) he resigned because EVERYONE hounded him mercisly until he all but lost his mind. In the last 3 days, he completely lost the ability to lead the Military. We did a sit down for those 3 days. I didn't get that from the news or some crackpot historian, I got that from a briefing on day 2. We continued to train, do what a peaceful military does day to day but would NOT go to war on just Nixons say nor be used for anything by Nixon. Nixon could have been the best President in history but failed. He ended up still working for the US Government, refused the Security Detail, refused the funds for an office and accepted half pay on his retirement. As for how important he was in his "Retirement" time the saying "Only Nixon can go China" comes to mind. In all that, Nixon still did the honorable thing in the end. If you took all Nixon's good qualities, you would have a great President. If you took all of Nixon's bad qualities you would have tRump.
Nixon was informed the night before he resigned by the Republican Senate Minority Leader, Hugh Scott that he had at most 15 votes in the Senate to keep him from being impeached and he needed 34. Would you care to tell us all why Hugh Scott was mistaken?

Why we have so many single parent households? Because it’s the system that exists and perpetuates into itself.

And yet there are many nuclear families that also depend on some form of welfare to continue. You are just listing another symptom and not the cause.

And yet there are many nuclear families that also depend on some form of welfare to continue. You are just listing another symptom and not the cause.
There are but not nearly as many as one parent households. The basic answer is that their expenses exceed their income.

Or, in full:

When your OUTgo
Exceeds your INcome
Then your UPkeep
Becomes your DOWNfall.

Which is why China rules the world!
Well, after all, they bought it fair and square in the guise of "fine art".

There are but not nearly as many as one parent households. The basic answer is that their expenses exceed their income.

I was a single parent. Guess how much I got from Welfare? Zero. In my lifetime, I have never accepted welfare and I have taken in one single unemployment check. Again, you are saying a symptom. Why does their expenses exceed their income?

I was a single parent. Guess how much I got from Welfare? Zero. In my lifetime, I have never accepted welfare and I have taken in one single unemployment check. Again, you are saying a symptom. Why does their expenses exceed their income?
Because they don’t have either the skills or the will to find a job that can cover their expenses. In terms of a single parent household it could be because they don’t have anyone to watch the kid(s). What are you driving at exactly?

The CDC estimates that to raise one middle-class child until the age of 18 in the US today will cost you $244,000. If you have two childen that's about a half-mil you're going to have to have in 20 years or so time.

I ll play this game:

I speak two languages fluently. Duke undergrad and NU MBA. I run my own business, I sit on a board of major university and I volunteer at the MSPCA. I own a house in a nicer area than your condo. I definitely make more than you.

I win
And then we recall that to be a liberal one must first be a liar.

Hmmmm...was it possible to feed a family of 4 on $835 a month BEFORE Joe Biden gave us rampant inflation, Joey?

Not really... 6% inflation isn't rampant.

My New Years resolution is to quit replying to your posts unless you gain the education and talent to answer it in one piece. Just about everybody else can do it except you. Too time consuming.

Too many big words, or does rationalizing your rampant hypocrisy take a toll?

Oh, and Joey? It's always been my experience that most people who brag about how wealthy and successful they are on the internet are neither! Just saying...

Except I'm not living in a slum, like Welfare Ray
I'm not on disability like Welfare Ray
That was my point. I'd classify my earnings as solidly upper middle class, not rich.

I wasn't talking to you, Troll-boy. Not that I believe much of anything you say... I doubt you have the temperment to hold down a regular job, given how often you lose it here.

Too many big words, or does rationalizing your rampant hypocrisy take a toll?

Too much time quoting each sentence you tear apart into nearly a dozen pieces. It's not that hard to reply using one post. It's only you and Superbadbreath that can't do it on this forum. I told him the same thing.

I wasn't talking to you, Troll-boy. Not that I believe much of anything you say... I doubt you have the temperment to hold down a regular job, given how often you lose it here.
I am not dumb enough to use a screen name that reveals who I really am. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. Why? You’re psychopath. And you were utterly embarrassed by j-mac and Nostra.

Before you tattle to the mods. I tried being polite but you don’t want that. You want a verbal war. And I will gladly oblige, Holmes.

Forum List

Back