Which would be tougher, being the only Black student in an all white school, or being the only White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he did. Yeah he was the only white kid in a school in NYC.
Howard Stern talks about the horrors of going to an all black school. And his co-host Robin, who is black woman, talks about how great it was going to an all white school. .... :cool:

I don't care anything about Howard Stern or Robin. Stern is lying and so is Robin.

You know, when I was in the military, there were times that some of my friends would invite me to their place for a weekend. And yeah, some of those people were blacks who lived in AL and GA.

And, sometimes when I went to their place, I was the only white boy for several miles. We'd go out to the clubs and chase women and shoot pool.

Not once did I ever feel like I was being discriminated against. I remember one time in a club, I was the only white face in there and a huge dude walked up to me and said 'hey boy, you know where you are?"

I told him "yeah, I'm here in a club dancing with pretty women and drinking beer".

He then told me I was all right and bought a round of beers.

However, on the other side of the coin, I have seen blacks treated very badly in all white places. Matter of fact, in Meridian MS, there was a bar called Pott's Place, and when I tried to go there one night with a black friend of mine (and both of us were in full Navy uniforms), I was told I could get in, but the n===er had to stay out. I told him we were both military, and he said tough, it doesn't matter.

So, based on that experience, I would be willing to say it is tougher to be a black student in an all white school than it is to be a white student in an all black one.
I am a white woman, very light with dark blond hair and grey eyes. I have always found that people of color are far more likely to accept a white person than whites are to accept a black person, or anyone not white. As a teacher, I was teaching in an inner-city school with probably a 50%+ population of kids of color, not all black, lots of Filipinos and Hispanics too. My classroom had a once a week meeting of one of the school clubs. Our club was the poetry club, but it was really a lot of black kids, boys, wanting to do rap. I didn't allow verse that was violent or obscene, and they agreed to that. I also didn't allow music. And they agreed to that; they were just happy a teacher allowed them to rap.

The club was open to anyone in the school, and a white girl came on her own and did traditional poetry. These black rappers were completely accepting to her. They clapped when she recited her poetry just like they clapped for each other.They commented on it and discussed it just like they did with each other's work, and she was asked to comment on theirs. She wasn't one of their group, it was clear, just an ordinary girl who wrote poetry. They treated her with respect and value. I've been in long term relationships with black men whose families were welcoming and accepting while my family had a really difficult time doing the same. I've lived and worked in countries where as a white person I was a minority but never felt any racism or bias but felt accepted and welcome.

My life experience as a teacher and as an adult is that people of color are far more accepting of whites than the other way around.

Last edited:
I am a white woman, very light with dark blond hair and grey eyes. I have always found that people of color are far more likely to accept a white person than whites are to accept a black person, or anyone not white. As a teacher, I was teaching in an inner-city school with probably a 50%+ population of kids of color, not all black, lots of
Filipinos and Hispanics too. My classroom had a once a week meeting of one of the school clubs. Our club was the poetry club, but it was really a lot of black kids, boys, wanting to do rap. I didn't allow verse that was violent or obscene, and they agreed to that. I also didn't allow music. And they agreed to that; they were just happy a teacher allowed them to rap.

The club was open to anyone in the school, and a white girl came on her own and did traditional poetry. These black rappers were completely accepting to her. They clapped when she recited her poetry just like they clapped for each other.The commented on it and discussed it just like they did with each other's work, and she was asked to comment on theirs. She wasn't one of their group, it was clear, just an ordinary, pretty straight girl who wrote poetry. They treated her with respect and value. I've been in long term relationships with black men whose families were welcoming and accepting while my family had a really difficult time doing the same. I've lived and worked in countries where as a white person I was a minority but never felt any racism or bias but felt accepted and welcome.

My life experience as a teacher and as an adult is that people of color are far more accepting of whites than the other way around.
This isn't a seniors-dating site.

And exactly what does this comment have to do with the thread topic?

Which would be tougher, being the only Black student in an all White school, or being the only White student in an all Black school?
Considering all black schools are in war zones... D u h!

I actually don't think you can say that. Not and be accurate.
A family friend was a long time teacher in a public high school on the south side of Chicago. She has numerous stories that will scare the shit out of you.

A family friend was a long time teacher in a public high school on the south side of Chicago. She has numerous stories that will scare the shit out of you.
Sadly, a lot of people either won't believe the stories, or will rationalize and excuse them.

Most people have no clue what these areas are really like. How bad they truly are.

You know, when I was in the military, there were times that some of my friends would invite me to their place for a weekend. And yeah, some of those people were blacks who lived in AL and GA.

And, sometimes when I went to their place, I was the only white boy for several miles. We'd go out to the clubs and chase women and shoot pool.

Not once did I ever feel like I was being discriminated against. I remember one time in a club, I was the only white face in there and a huge dude walked up to me and said 'hey boy, you know where you are?"

I told him "yeah, I'm here in a club dancing with pretty women and drinking beer".

However, on the other side of the coin, I have seen blacks treated very badly in all white places. Matter of fact, in Meridian MS, there was a bar called Pott's Place, and when I tried to go there one night with a black friend of mine (and both of us were in full Navy uniforms), I was told I could get in, but the n===er had to stay out. I told him we were both military, and he said tough, it doesn't matter.

So, based on that experience, I would be willing to say it is tougher to be a black student in an all white school than it is to be a white student in an all black one.
I am a white woman, very light with dark blond hair and grey eyes. I have always found that people of color are far more likely to accept a white person than whites are to accept a black person, or anyone not white. As a teacher, I was teaching in an inner-city school with probably a 50%+ population of kids of color, not all black, lots of Filipinos and Hispanics too. My classroom had a once a week meeting of one of the school clubs. Our club was the poetry club, but it was really a lot of black kids, boys, wanting to do rap. I didn't allow verse that was violent or obscene, and they agreed to that. I also didn't allow music. And they agreed to that; they were just happy a teacher allowed them to rap.

The club was open to anyone in the school, and a white girl came on her own and did traditional poetry. These black rappers were completely accepting to her. They clapped when she recited her poetry just like they clapped for each other.They commented on it and discussed it just like they did with each other's work, and she was asked to comment on theirs. She wasn't one of their group, it was clear, just an ordinary girl who wrote poetry. They treated her with respect and value. I've been in long term relationships with black men whose families were welcoming and accepting while my family had a really difficult time doing the same. I've lived and worked in countries where as a white person I was a minority but never felt any racism or bias but felt accepted and welcome.

The hate crime stats alone prove how stupid you are.

Not to mention the fact that you are acting like the treatment of a self hating white girl by blacks is the same way they would treat a white man who is marrying their sisters or daughter.

Sadly, a lot of people either won't believe the stories, or will rationalize and excuse them.

Most people have no clue what these areas are really like. How bad they truly are.
Political correctness rules the day.

Not to mention the fact that you are acting like the treatment of a self hating white girl by blacks is the same way they would treat a white man who is marrying their sisters or daughter.
You don't even know what you are talking about. Who is a self hating white girl?

Which would be tougher, being the only Black student in an all White school, or being the only White student in an all Black school?
Considering all black schools are in war zones... D u h!

I actually don't think you can say that. Not and be accurate.

Of course she will. This is par for the course in these forums. The same old standard white racist lies. I hired some blacks but none of them ever wanted to work and they all stole from me. I went to an all black school and was the only white person and got beat up all the time every hour on the hour by blacks who just didn't like me because I was white. My friend was a teacher in an all black school and boy she tells stories that make Vietnam sound like a vacation. Yep, the same old same old dumb as lying white racist bullshit.

Political correctness rules the day.

There is n o such thing as political correctness. You guys are simply here lying to each other.

You don't even know what you are talking about. Who is a self hating white girl?
You, moron.

Nobody who is worth a shit even uses terms like “people of color” in a serious manner.

Whites commit the most hate crimes. I'm black and I know that there ain't all that many black men who would do anything to a white man marrying their sister/daughter unless the white man was abusive.

A close friend is a p school bus driver. He has many runs but it is always the black kids that are trouble. Always!!!

You, moron.

Nobody who is worth a shit even uses terms like “people of color” in a serious manner.

According to who?

A close friend is a p school bus driver. He has many runs but it always the black kids that are trouble. Always!!!

Another white racist tall tale.

Whites commit the most hate crimes. I'm black and I know that there ain't all that many black men who would do anything to a white man marrying their sister/daughter unless the white man was abusive.
Blacks commit many more hate crimes against whites than the other way around, and that is with general reluctance to even label a black on white crime as a hate crime(and an over eagerness to label any white on black crime a hate crime).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back