White House could alter virus briefings to limit Trump role

WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first time, President Donald Trump cut off his daily coronavirus task force briefing on Friday without taking any questions from reporters. It may not be the last time.

There have been discussions within the White House about changing the format of the briefings to curtail the president’s role, according to four White House officials and Republicans close to the White House who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The briefings often stretch well beyond an hour and feature combative exchanges between Trump and reporters.
.................................................................................................................................
Is the long national nightmare of Trump's baseless assertions regarding the virus finally over? I doubt it.

As much as his staff, RW media pals and congressional R's are telling Dumpster Boy that he's overexposed and making an ass out of himself, he's not gonna be able to help it until he's allowed to hit the road again for more of his MAGA-hatter Deplorable Rallies.

Off and runnin' his mouth again this morning!

Last edited:
I find the briefings to be extraordinarily damaging to his presidency, his approval rating was soaring just 4.5 weeks ago, and now tanks, most likely because he grossly misread the public appetite for watching him engage in petty and spiteful bickering, and quibbling sessions with the usual agents of fascism, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, and friends.... That he enthusiastically engaged in this idiocy over that 4.5 week stretch has left me incredulous, his stream of consciousness exchanges with these fascists led directly to his imbecilic speculations as to ingesting disinfectant's as treatment for the Wuhan flu!

The problem here is that the alternative to him is far far worse, its a fascist political party which very likely has teamed up with communist China in perpetrating the bio-attack upon what is supposed to be their own nation! Now they declare the briefings to be shorter, in length, with the president absent from them altogether as he concentrates upon reopening nation, to damn bad they didn't get the message on this 4.5 weeks ago, damage is now done, the nations enemies pouncing upon his weakness for self-aggrandizing imbecility....

What we have seen from this guy these last 4.5 weeks is precisely why I held nose when voting for him.....
The uptick in his ratings could hardly be considered "soaring." Come on now.

That up tick evaporated earlier this month. It's only gotten worse the more trump does those press conferences.

Such was precisely my point, and he didn't just do this as a one or two, or even as a three off, it was every single fucking day for damn near five weeks, sometimes for two and a half hours at a shot! He has destroyed himself, which was entirely the intention of the fascist democrats, their mega-billionaire backers, and their Chinese communist party masters..... Make no mistake America, the CCP orders the democratic party, such is all but irrefutable...

I’m sure he’s had about enough of the ridiculous showboating and asinine
I know I've had about enough of the ridiculous showboating and asinine assertions he makes.

This is no mystery. WH officials realize Trump is a liability to himself........and a health risk to the country.
I’m pretty sure they realize reporters and people like yourself are too stupid to deal with and a waste of time.

If you’re too fucking dumb to know he wasn’t talking about mainlining Clorox and run with that ridiculous bullshit why take questions from your kind.

It’s a miracle you didn’t eat a tide pod before now but if democrats injecting cleaning solution removes you all from the gene pool I’m all for it.

Maybe the nation will get lucky and vote most democrats out this year.

If the 2018 election is any indication, you won't get your wish.

The country will be better off if republicans are reduced to a level that they can say what they want but have no power to implement it.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Trump his is own Baghdad Bob. A joke at these conferences. The more Trump opens his mouth the bigger the joke he becomes. Trump’s handlers probably want to lock him in the basement until the crisis passes. Trump just keep his big trap shut.

What's funny is Trump will hold a 2 hour press briefing
..............out of frustration with not being able to hold tent revival rallies for the adoring mob.

He's doing those press conferences because Andrew Cuomo is. When Cuomo started doing his every morning, all of a sudden, so was trump but in the afternoon.

This is a pandemic version of trump following the democratic primaries and doing rallies in the state where the primary vote is being held on the day it's been held. Or him doing one of his rallies at the same time there was a democratic debate in the same city the debate was held.

trump is so insecure and such a coward.

WASHINGTON (AP) — For the first time, President Donald Trump cut off his daily coronavirus task force briefing on Friday without taking any questions from reporters. It may not be the last time.

There have been discussions within the White House about changing the format of the briefings to curtail the president’s role, according to four White House officials and Republicans close to the White House who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The briefings often stretch well beyond an hour and feature combative exchanges between Trump and reporters.
.................................................................................................................................
Is the long national nightmare of Trump's baseless assertions regarding the virus finally over? I doubt it.
You seem upset with Trump pummeling the fake media for an hour every day.
Cheers for the bully!
The truth hurts, huh?

Trump his is own Baghdad Bob. A joke at these conferences. The more Trump opens his mouth the bigger the joke he becomes. Trump’s handlers probably want to lock him in the basement until the crisis passes. Trump just keep his big trap shut.
Trump’s handlers probably want to lock him in the basement until the crisis passes.

You are thinking of Biden's handlers. :abgg2q.jpg:

Drink that grape kool-aid every time the fake news media feeds it to you, like a good little brainwashed fool.

You're pathetic.

Whitehouse will do what Trump tells them to do, liar.

I’m sure he’s had about enough of the ridiculous showboating and asinine questions from retarded liberal reporters. They don’t even use accurate quotes when they do their stories anyway. Why put up with them.
Don't forget your daily glass of Clorox! Bigly!!!

Drink that grape kool-aid every time the fake news media feeds it to you, like a good little brainwashed fool.

You're pathetic.
Good post. I know you're referring to the Trump Propaganda Channel, Faux News. And, don't forget your daily glass of Clorox!

He soesn't seem to have handlers, kind of like a totally spoiled child wanting to constantly be the center of attention, an embarrassment to himself, his parents and obnoxious to normal adults in the vicinity.

You're pathetic.
Good post. I know you're referring to the Trump Propaganda Channel, Faux News. And, don't forget your daily glass of Clorox!
I see, you are one of those people who believes the fake news stories that say Trump told people to drink bleach.

The reason you are so easily brainwashed into believing fake news stories like that is because low IQ folks such as yourself are very suggestible. You lack the critical thinking skills necessary to think logically and read a story with due skepticism.

You're an easily brainwashed TDS afflicted moron.

You're pathetic.
I see, you are one of those people who believes the fake news stories that say Trump told people to drink bleach.

The reason you are so easily brainwashed into believing fake news stories like that is because low IQ folks such as yourself are very suggestible. You lack the critical thinking skills necessary to think logically and read a story with due skepticism.

News stories? I watched it live, Son.

You're pathetic.

News stories? I watched it live, Son.
That's what you've been brainwashed into believing.

Forum List

Back