White House: Obama's $100 Million Africa Trip 'Great Bang for Our Buck'

I'm not trashing BUsh for his Africa trip. I'm simply pointing out that a president taking a trip to Africa only became faux-outrageous when Obama did it. That you would think that I seriously fault Bush for taking foreign policy trips proves to me that you're really dense.

Lmao. I'm not that gullible. You just did so in your previous posts! Foreign policy? To Kenya?

Really?

Yeah. Foreign policy. Building relationships with other countries. It's part of any president's job. You're not too bright.

Which countries has Obama built relationships with? Iran? Iraq? Afghanistan? North Korea? Germany? Israel?
We would do better if we kept him locked in a closet somewhere.

Know who else took a "Vacation" to a foreign land for a "State visit?"

HITLER.

HITLER VISITS ITALY

God you people are retarded.

Italy was one of his allies during the war. Soooo why are you calling people retards again?

Because you're really dumb. There's more wrong with that post than I'm inclined to start explaining to you at this ungodly hour.

That's it? I'm dumb? Maybe you'd work better on decaf this morning. You should rebut my argument before running off.

Lmao. I'm not that gullible. You just did so in your previous posts! Foreign policy? To Kenya?

Really?

Yeah. Foreign policy. Building relationships with other countries. It's part of any president's job. You're not too bright.

Which countries has Obama built relationships with? Iran? Iraq? Afghanistan? North Korea? Germany? Israel?

Indeed

Obama has had to visit many countries to undo the diplomatic damage done by the Bush administration

Conservatives like to call it the "Apology Tour"

More wingnut whining over the president doing his job. Were all of you little sacks of shit crying over Bush's trip to Africa?

Good point. We should do cost analysis, adjusted for inflation. I am willing to bet that the cost and resources for this trip trump Bush's. presidential trips are not the issue. It's the costs and resources. How much of an entourage did Bush bring? What type of hotel did he and his crew stay in?

Indeed

Obama has had to visit many countries to undo the diplomatic damage done by the Bush administration

Our standing in the Middle East and Europe is lower than when Bush was president.
We would do better keeping Obama locked in a closet.

Indeed

Our standing in the Middle East and Europe is lower than when Bush was president.
We would do better keeping Obama locked in a closet.

link

I don't give a rip where the President takes his vacations, it is a non-issue. What I now find funny is that Democrats bitched and moaned for years about Bush's inexpensive vacations to Texas and how many days he was there, like there was no technology available for the President to run the country from there. Yet, Obama is overseas, out of the country, spending millions and they say its okay and the right is being petty.

I didn't give a rip about Bush's vacations, I don't give a rip about Obama's vacations.

The liberals falling all over themselves to justify one and not the other is just freaking funny!

It's quite simple. What trade agreement is obama coming back with? Any treaties? How about a peace agreement? If obama is doing his job, we should expect something for our 100 million dollars.

obama will give a speech or two to remind the Africans that he is half African. That's just for show, it massages his ego and gives some excuse for it being a state visit. There will be a photo or two of Big Moo lumbering around in some local dance and that will be the end of it.

You don't seem to mind trashing Bush for his. Might as well see if I can't be just as much a prick to you as you are to the rest of this board.

I'm not trashing BUsh for his Africa trip. I'm simply pointing out that a president taking a trip to Africa only became faux-outrageous when Obama did it. That you would think that I seriously fault Bush for taking foreign policy trips proves to me that you're really dense.

The whole Ireland G8 summit stuff has been blown to bits for the Cletus bunch on here, too. No sweat. They just slobber over a Breitbart article and then print it out and take it to the bathroom and close the door and.....Ugh, don't want to go there. But it really gets them off. Tsk.....

FYI, I see your posts, however I won't read them or discuss them, the all bold, and all the color crap, makes them irritating to read, so I skip over them, however, I thought I'd let you know why, you are free to do what you wish, as I am.

in 2011 three african countries supplied over 20% of the u.s.'s oil needs. Good african relations are vital to the us economy.

View attachment 26530 yea,sure.......

Wall Street Journal - African Oil Exports Plunge Amid Swelling U.S. Output
Exports from Angola, Algeria and Nigeria to the U.S. fell to their lowest level in decades, dropping 41% in 2012 to 18 million barrels a day from the prior year, according to statistics from the U.S. Department of Energy released Wednesday.

While the three African countries, all members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, last year supplied 20% of the U.S.'s oil needs, that share has shrunk as new production techniques have transformed the U.S. energy landscape.

Egypt, Libya, Morocco & Tunisia are also in Africa & vital to oil supplies.

Last edited:
Egypt's new president says the US is an enemy. We helped to remove Libya's government and now it doesn't have one that's functioning.

How vital have they become?

Funny how we 'help' these countries, but they still think of us as the enemy. Taxpayer dollars at work folks!

Forum List

Back