🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

White House outlines gun control moves

Here is what is in Obama's Executive Order

• Hiring more people to run the FBI background check system, so the government can be "processing background checks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." More people doing background checks= faster turnaround for background checks

• Requesting from Congress an additional $500 million to increase access to mental health care. Who doesn't want to keep crazies from getting guns?

• Clarifying that people selling guns over the Internet can still be required to conduct background checks on buyers if they are "engaged in the business" of selling guns, not just a hobbyist.
Clarifies who is a dealer vs who is a private seller

Other than it has Obamas name on it, why would anyone object to these measures?

Thanks for injecting truth into the argument.
LOL!!! You dont know that Tab A goes in Slot B, much less what "truth" means.
Obama's EO will actually make some things easier. Currently if you want to sell only at gun shows you cannot get an FFL. Under his EO you can.
Obama doesnt have a fucking clue what he's doing.

Nobody knows what goes on in your head Shirley.
But if it makes the gun nut's life easier, one has to wonder why there is such opposition.

All Gun Owner compromises have only been met with more demands by Gun-Grabbers. Their goal is to disarm the populace. It's a 'Death by a Thousand Cuts' approach. They just continue to whittle away at the Constitution.

So the days of compromise are now over. It's time to fight for your rights. I hope Gun Owners are gettin that. Because time is running out.

:rofl:

• Hiring more people to run the FBI background check system, so the government can be "processing background checks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." More people doing background checks= faster turnaround for background checks

• Requesting from Congress an additional $500 million to increase access to mental health care. Who doesn't want to keep crazies from getting guns?

• Clarifying that people selling guns over the Internet can still be required to conduct background checks on buyers if they are "engaged in the business" of selling guns, not just a hobbyist.

Obama's EO will actually make some things easier. Currently if you want to sell only at gun shows you cannot get an FFL. Under his EO you can.
Explain what you think that makes "easier"

But if it makes the gun nut's life easier, one has to wonder why there is such opposition.
Some of the provisions are absurd. OThers impossible to enforce.
One of them mandates that the shipper is responsible for reporting the loss of any gun in shipping.
How does the shipper know if the gun has been lost or stolen? I've sent a pistol from TN to NC and it took over 3 weeks to get there. If I dont check, how will I know at all?

One of them mandates that the shipper is responsible for reporting the loss of any gun in shipping.
How does the shipper know if the gun has been lost or stolen? I've sent a pistol from TN to NC and it took over 3 weeks to get there. If I dont check, how will I know at all?
Gee, guess maybe some responsibility comes with selling a gun

All Gun Owner compromises have only been met with more demands by Gun-Grabbers. Their goal is to disarm the populace. It's a 'Death by a Thousand Cuts' approach. They just continue to whittle away at the Constitution.

So the days of compromise are now over. It's time to fight for your rights. I hope Gun Owners are gettin that. Because time is running out.

Just the sad truth. Every single Gun Owner compromise has only been met with more shrill demands from Gun-Grabbers. Their agenda is clear. It's about disarming the populace. There can be no more compromise.

On the application for an FFL currently it asks if you intend to sell at gun shows only. If you answer Yes you cannot submit the app. Under teh EO you can.

You do realize the purpose of the Constitution that you claim to love was for We the People to establish a Federal Government?

Not any government though.

Only one established on certain unchangeable principles, principles that make it clear what a legitimate government is . . .

If the Federal Government violates the principles of its establishment it would no longer be --the government established by the Constitution-- it would be something else, and that would be cause for the people to rescind their consent to be governed, reclaim the powers they conferred through the Constitution and throw off the usurpers; using the means secured by the People in the 2nd Amendment if necessary.

That same Constitution provides for checks and balances as well as a judicial system to rule on the Constitutionality of all actions of the Federal Governement

Do you have a fucking clue what you're babbling about?
Once the gun leaves my inventory how am I responsible for it?

Just the sad truth. Every single Gun Owner compromise has only been met with more shrill demands from Gun-Grabbers. Their agenda is clear. It's about disarming the populace. There can be no more compromise.

Wow...you should try to do something about it.

Im sure the guys who sold bombs to terrorists offer the same defense....

The most sweeping action currently being considered, an executive order defining who's "engaged in the business" of selling guns, would immediately require some private dealers to obtain a license and begin conducting background checks.

Per the constitution, the federal government may only regulate sellers and buyers engaged in INTERstate commerce. INTRAstate sales are beyond the purview of federal power.

Really? A gun manufactured in one state, and sold in another cannot be regulated by the Feds? That's an open question.

The most sweeping action currently being considered, an executive order defining who's "engaged in the business" of selling guns, would immediately require some private dealers to obtain a license and begin conducting background checks.

Per the constitution, the federal government may only regulate sellers and buyers engaged in INTERstate commerce. INTRAstate sales are beyond the purview of federal power.

Really? A gun manufactured in one state, and sold in another cannot be regulated by the Feds? That's an open question.
Once the firearm is IN the State and sold from the dealer any further transaction INSIDE the State lines is NOT interstate commerce and is NOT subject to Federal control.

You do realize the purpose of the Constitution that you claim to love was for We the People to establish a Federal Government?

Only one established on certain unchangeable principles, principles that make it clear what a legitimate government is . . .

If the Federal Government violates the principles of its establishment it would no longer be --the government established by the Constitution-- it would be something else, and that would be cause for the people to rescind their consent to be governed, reclaim the powers they conferred through the Constitution and throw off the usurpers; using the means secured by the People in the 2nd Amendment if necessary.

That same Constitution provides for checks and balances as well as a judicial system to rule on the Constitutionality of all actions of the Federal Governement
Which part of the Constitution gives the judicial system the power to rule on the Constitutionality of all actions of the Federal Govt?

Which part of the Constitution gives the judicial system the power to rule on the Constitutionality of all actions of the Federal Govt?
Article III gives the federal Courts the power to determine what is and is not legal in regards any action between a State and the Federal Government, a State and another State and a citizen and the Federal Government.

On the application for an FFL currently it asks if you intend to sell at gun shows only. If you answer Yes you cannot submit the app. Under teh EO you can.
we've established that's a change. you said it makes things easier. what does it make easier?

Last edited:

Once the firearm is IN the State and sold from the dealer any further transaction INSIDE the State lines is NOT interstate commerce and is NOT subject to Federal control.
not always

I get it you want to shirk responsibility and just like guns go where they may

Article III gives the federal Courts the power to determine what is and is not legal in regards any action between a State and the Federal Government, a State and another State and a citizen and the Federal Government.
No. Article III lays out the power of the judiciary in adjudicating cases. It says nothing about hte constitutionality of any federal or state action.

Forum List

Back