White House: "We won't coddle rioters" - it's about damn time!

That's funny.

Violent crime has been steadily decreasing and now stands at the lowest rate in over 25 years. I don't know what air you've been smelling.

191219.png
Mostly because firearm ownership has skyrocketed, more firearms less crime… Fact

Until you shoot yourself

America’s Biggest Gun Problem Is Suicide

Uh huh, because suicidal tendencies are caused by owning a gun.

That's funny.

Violent crime has been steadily decreasing and now stands at the lowest rate in over 25 years. I don't know what air you've been smelling.

191219.png
Notice that your chart for the last two years. That's because crime is sharply up.

I think what is important is that violent crime has had a downward trend since the 90's (and maybe longer) - there was a slight increase between 04-06, and a slight increase in 2015 - but the over all trend has been very positive - HUGELY (or shall I say YUGELY) down from the 90's. That's a fact.

The individual areas that still have high rates of crime do so for differing reasons and without addressing some of the underlying causes it will be hard to get them down.
well doing nothing for those areas for eight years certainly didn't help matters did it? But you loved the job obummer did. He did fking nothing

Again - he reduced the crime rate by almost half, looking at that chart.

WHY is is it so hard for you to credit him with anything?

So you brush off high crime rates with "a bunch of different factors", but decreasing crime rates can only have one cause, to your mind.

Is that about the size of it?

That's funny.

191219.png

And quite a big amount of the crime still around is in the big city black ghettos and latino barrios we have in places like Los Angeles. You know, the barrios where latinos congregate and form gangs after jumping our out of control southern border.

Yes. Poverty has a big influence on crime.

Being in poverty is no excuse for committing acts of violence. Crime is crime.

Cracking down on protests....are the rightwing THAT thinskinned they have to silence dissent?

No violence is acceptable. But free speech and protesting are an American right.
You mean beating up Trump supporters when they leave his rallies is a right?

I do think it's time for more emphasis to be placed on de-escalation tactics and tactics on how to deal with mentally ill people rather than shooting or tazering

Lots of cops would agree with you, but shooting and/or tazering is the most immediate means of ending a threat.

That's funny.

191219.png
as firearm ownership went up

crime went down

--LOL

sweet

Correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

As obesity rates have gone up, crime rates have gone down.

Think there's a link there? Criminals to fat to go criming?

Sure, because the potential of victims being armed is COMPLETELY comparable to obesity rates in regards to relevance in this issue.

[Q

If you don't think urban crime rates have anything to do with who's running the urban areas in question, then you're just about the only one. Sure, Tucson (where I live) has a high crime rate for a city its size because it's an hour from the Mexican border. However, it also has higher crime rates because the Democrat dimwits who run the city and county have mutilated any semblance of an effective law enforcement establishment. Unless a criminal is basically planning to just stand still and wait for the cops, he or she doesn't really worry about being caught.

One of the problems in these Democrat controlled shitholes is that the Liberals pay off the greedy unions to get support and spend tax funds on bloated salaries and pensions. Then they don't have enough money for proper law enforcement. The police may be highly paid but that doesn't mean they can be effective because of the weak Democrat leadership.

That's funny.

191219.png

Tell that to the almost 4500 people that got shot in Democrat controlled Chicago in 2016. Of course almost 800 of them are dead so you may have difficultly getting an answer out of them.

Again. Violent crime in the US is at an all time low.

Again, crime in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes is rampant.

Just go walk down a street in South Chicago after dark if you don't believe me.

Crime in the nice area where I live is down because Florida has concealed carry and the Castle Doctrine and many of us have installed security systems in our homes. However, crime in ghetto Tampa, St Pete and Orlando is very dangerous . God help you in the Miami area if you get caught in the wrong neighborhood. All four of those crime infested inner city areas have a Democrat Mayor and government.

Liberal government never works.

I don't think crime levels in urban areas has much to do with whether a Dem or Rep is in charge - there are a lot of different factors that go into crime. Just for example the city with the highest crime rate in my state is Republican run but it's also on a major drug trafficking route, has a lot of urban poverty.
What city is that?

41,000 American soldiers captured since 1940. Places in Asia, half of American POW's died from starvation and torture. How a man who becomes Commander in Chief can talk like that, I don't understand. worse, he had to be shamed into giving the money to veterans he promised. I think this is going to be a very rough time for veterans.

I can't even post the pictures. Too graphic. And the fact Republicans think POW's are losers just sickens me.

Read the comments below the video.

That's funny.

191219.png
It's not 2014 any more!

In case you hadn't noticed, 2016 just ended.
And before you know it, it will be 2018.

Since only 13% of manufacturing jobs left the country and the rest were automated, how do you think Trump is going to explain he won't be bringing jobs back? How long will his minions listen to his BS until they had enough?

That's funny.

191219.png

Tell that to the almost 4500 people that got shot in Democrat controlled Chicago in 2016. Of course almost 800 of them are dead so you may have difficultly getting an answer out of them.

According to the FBI, violent offenses went up in 2015. From 366 per 100K to 372

I only found the chart to 2014, so a slight increase, but compared to the prior 25 years it's nothing.

Obama hasn't been President for 25 years.

That's funny.

191219.png
It's not 2014 any more!

In case you hadn't noticed, 2016 just ended.

Since only 13% of manufacturing jobs left the country and the rest were automated, how do you think Trump is going to explain he won't be bringing jobs back? How long will his minions listen to his BS until they had enough?

Where did you get these figures?

One of the problems in these Democrat controlled shitholes is that the Liberals pay off the greedy unions to get support and spend tax funds on bloated salaries and pensions. Then they don't have enough money for proper law enforcement. The police may be highly paid but that doesn't mean they can be effective because of the weak Democrat leadership.

Here's a story out of my neck of the woods that relates to your comment. Cleveland Mayor Jackson wants to spend 2 million dollars on a dirt bike trail because the police busted his grandson a couple of times for riding his dirt bike on the street.

The police cars in Cleveland are aging quickly and the police force itself is greatly understaffed. Because of these problems, the wait time to get an officer to a complaint sometimes takes hours depending on the severity of the crime. But this is Democrats in action when it comes to running their cities in this country.

Cleveland to consider building $2 million track for dirt bike riders

Cracking down on protests....are the rightwing THAT thinskinned they have to silence dissent?

No violence is acceptable. But free speech and protesting are an American right.
Cracking down on rock throwers, fire starters, and looters.
exactly, I didn't quite understand her post and why I asked for clarification. I guess she doesn't think rocks and fire are weapons. I don't know, I'm trying to better understand her though. I don't want to give up on her.

What don't you understand? I said violence is unacceptable. But people calling for crackdowns on protests and demonstrations need to be very careful.

Why? They should be hog-tied, thrown in a bus and hauled off to do their time.

Here's a story out of my neck of the woods that relates to your comment. Cleveland Mayor Jackson wants to spend 2 million dollars on a dirt bike trail because the police busted his grandson a couple of times for riding his dirt bike on the street.

The police cars in Cleveland are aging quickly and the police force itself is greatly understaffed. Because of these problems, the wait time to get an officer to a complaint sometimes takes hours depending on the severity of the crime. But this is Democrats in action when it comes to running their cities in this country.

Cleveland to consider building $2 million track for dirt bike riders

Landfills make great dirt bike trails and they don't cost more money.

Politicians nor government can create or bring jobs back; industry creates jobs or brings jobs back. All government can to is make it more or less inviting for industry to do so.

DumBama is the most anti-business President of our lifetime. Now that he's gone, it doesn't matter what Trump does. Anything is better than DumBama when it comes to jobs and industry.

That's funny.

191219.png

According to the FBI, violent offenses went up in 2015. From 366 per 100K to 372
Shit man 6 more! They already called out the Guard...

Math is not your strong suit, is it? Multiply 6 times the number of 100K of population we have in the US. Break out a calculator if you need to!

Forum List

Back