White liberals talk down to blacks

Interesting study. Not really a surprise to anyone.

White Liberals Present Themselves as Less Competent in Interactions with African-Americans

The team found that Democratic candidates used fewer competence-related words in speeches delivered to mostly minority audiences than they did in speeches delivered to mostly white audiences.The difference wasn’t statistically significant in speeches by Republican candidates, ..."

“It was really surprising to see that for nearly three decades, Democratic presidential candidates have been engaging in this predicted behavior.”

With this preliminary evidence in hand, the researchers set out to further test their ideas..."

On regular individuals.

"The researchers found that liberal individuals were less likely to use words that would make them appear highly competent when the person they were addressing was presumed to be black rather than white. No significant differences were seen in the word selection of conservatives based on the presumed race of their partner. “It was kind of an unpleasant surprise to see this subtle but persistent effect,” Dupree says. “Even if it’s ultimately well-intentioned, it could be seen as patronizing.” "

Excellent finding on soft racism, or "low expectations".

---- so you're saying these "white Liberals" don't have a great relationship with "the blacks"?
/----/ Yes, you are correct.
Big African-American Support for GOP in Florida and Georgia Enrages the Left
Nov 26, 2018

RUSH: Oh. A couple interesting stories here, too, related to the elections in Georgia and Florida. In Florida, an analysis of exit poll data shows that Ron DeSantis, the Republican and winner, got a far greater percentage of the African-American vote and Hispanic vote than anybody can believe. In Georgia, Kemp got more African-American votes than anybody imagined, and African-American organizations in Georgia are ticked and livid about this. They’re calling these black people that voted for Kemp traitors and who knows, Uncle Toms.
By "big" support by blacks for the Republican, you mean ten percent. :lol:

Sad.
/----/ Here ya go Sparky. Enjoy.
After Racism Claims, Trump Support From Blacks and Hispanics Climbs
In every age group, and at every level of education, about twice as many African American men as women gave Trump positive marks. In all, 23 percent of black men approved of Trump’s performance versus 11 percent of black women. “The outlier here isn’t [black] men … it’s [black] women, where you have near-universal disapproval of Trump,” said Cornell Belcher, a Democratic pollster who studies African American voters. Still, black men are one of the few groups for which Trump’s 2017 average approval rating significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share.
The claim was "In Florida, an analysis of exit poll data shows that Ron DeSantis, the Republican and winner, got a far greater percentage of the African-American vote and Hispanic vote than anybody can believe".

Trying to move the goalposts doesn't work with me, rube.

DeSantis got something like 10 percent of the black vote. Notice how Rush didn't say the percentage? That's because he was trying to make it sound much bigger than it was for the Rube Herd to swallow.

So again. By "big" support for the Republican, you mean ten percent. :lol:

What? Limblob monkeyed it up? What a slut.

If you're judging progressives as a group by the behavior of folks on internet forums (I think that's what you mean by avatar?) -- especially this one -- then I think you have a problem with the representativeness of your sample.

Note: I identify as progressive :p
No, by the progressive "leaders" (what I mean by the "avatars") and by a pretty strong cross section of the ones I've met...This is not to say I don't know of certain exceptions to this observation, though they are still the exceptions in my (completely subjective) experience.

No offense.

Already a thread here

No shit, it's like y'all are just lined up at the same feeding bowl, no matter how obscure the story.

I suck at talking to black people. I talk to a white guy, and I'm like, "Hey. How's it going today?" I talk to a black guy, and I'm like, "Yo, yo, yo. What up, my nigga'?" They look at me like I just raped their mother. :dunno:

I suck at talking to black people. I talk to a white guy, and I'm like, "Hey. How's it going today?" I talk to a black guy, and I'm like, "Yo, yo, yo. What up, my nigga'?" They look at me like I just raped their mother. :dunno:

That happens when you call people "Yo Yo". Dey don' know which way is up.

Interesting study. Not really a surprise to anyone.

White Liberals Present Themselves as Less Competent in Interactions with African-Americans

The team found that Democratic candidates used fewer competence-related words in speeches delivered to mostly minority audiences than they did in speeches delivered to mostly white audiences.The difference wasn’t statistically significant in speeches by Republican candidates, ..."

“It was really surprising to see that for nearly three decades, Democratic presidential candidates have been engaging in this predicted behavior.”

With this preliminary evidence in hand, the researchers set out to further test their ideas..."

On regular individuals.

"The researchers found that liberal individuals were less likely to use words that would make them appear highly competent when the person they were addressing was presumed to be black rather than white. No significant differences were seen in the word selection of conservatives based on the presumed race of their partner. “It was kind of an unpleasant surprise to see this subtle but persistent effect,” Dupree says. “Even if it’s ultimately well-intentioned, it could be seen as patronizing.” "

Excellent finding on soft racism, or "low expectations".

This is another reason that black support is rising for Trump

Forum List

Back