White Male James Damore Goes After Google

he was asked to provide feedback, and he did. he was fired for the content of it, due to his politics.

No, he was fired because his manifesto violated Google's stated Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct Damore agreed to abide by when he accepted employment at Google.

More goalpost shifting......

LOL

You're the ones who posted the quote from one of Google's chief executives explicitly stating that was the reason for Damore's termination.

It had nothing to do with the policy of "any" politics, it was specific to HIS politics, which is illegal in California.

Section 5.II

II. Support Each Other
We are committed to a supportive work environment, where employees have the opportunity to reach their fullest potential. Googlers are expected to do their utmost to create a workplace culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias, and unlawful discrimination.

Section 5

Outside Communications
You probably know that our policy is to be extremely careful about disclosing confidential proprietary information. Consistent with that, you should also ensure your outside communications (including online and social media posts) do not disclose confidential proprietary information or represent (or otherwise give the impression) that you are speaking on behalf of Google unless you’re authorized to do so by the company. The same applies to communications with the press. Finally, check with your manager and Corporate Communications before accepting any public speaking engagement on behalf of the company. In general, before making any external communication or disclosure, you should consult our Employee Communications Policy and our Communications and Disclosure Policy.
What part of stating scientific fact that men and women are different violated that, Dufus.

It's scientific fact that women aren't as good coders as men? Where is that established?
By the fact women don't go into those fields, moron.

They do go into those fields.
Barely. Because it isn't what women are into.

Wait a second! You JUST SAID they didn't go into those fields one post ago...now you're saying they do, but barely? Any more shifting of the goalposts you wanna do on this thread?

“Google has long promoted a culture of openness, with employees allowed to question senior executives and even mock its strategy in internal forums. ”Google is toast.

Sure. But that's not what he did. He disparaged the company while stating biased and sexist views, then somehow his internal memo found its way to social media, where it resulted in public harm to Google.
Omg! How dare he say men and women are different!

Morons like you got Trump elected.

He was asked to give input, it upset their politically correct sensibilities.

No he wasn't. He wrote that manifesto and posted it on the internal company message board. Then the memo "found" its way to Gizmodo and broader social media when Damore didn't get the reaction at Google he had hoped, and the resulting fallout led Google to fire him.

If it turns out that he is the one who leaked his own memo to Gizmodo, then that's it. He's got no legal legs to stand on.

You are a moron and I hope you're not going to be representing Google in court....because if so, they'll lose big time.

When they don't, and the judge dismisses this, are you going to screech more?
It's not going to be dismissed. Believe that.

OK...

giphy.gif
Lol...now this faggot thinks gifs will make him look smart. Look, Gimpy....youre a dumb fuck. Nothing you say or do will change that until you stop being a dumbfuck.

And since you are a dumbfuck, maybe that is impossible for you to do. But I hope the best for you.

The more you screech, the less convinced I am you know what you're talking about.
Is it illegal to fire people over their political beliefs in CA or not, fucktard? Yes or No?

No, it doesn't, and by lying you tacitly admit that it is cool with you.

Thanks.

Yes, it is. Firstly, you use the word "allegedly"...so who is making the allegation?

If you would have seriously addressed some doubt about it, or just wanted to wait until there was proof, that would have one thing.

But you instead lied.

YOu have only to look into your own heart to know that lefties like you would abuse power to discriminate against people you hate with a fiery passion.

It is a completely credible accusation.

By lying about that, you show that you are dishonestly siding with the company, even if it is discriminating.

YOu are a bigot.

Damore broke the contract he signed when he violated the Code of Conduct he also agreed to abide by when he accepted employment.

Conservatives need to learn personal responsibility, and stop getting so emotional.

AND instead of addressing my point about your behavior,

you try to change the subject.

That is ANOTHER tacit admission that you cannot refute my point.

My behavior has nothing to do with Damore violating the terms of his employment contract.

Correct. I was discussing the alleged "black list" discrimination in the company.

You lied and then dodged twice and then changed the subject twice.

Your initial post, where you openly supported this discrimination because it was "legal" is being validated with every post you make at this point.

Despite your cowardly and dishonest walking it back, in your second and third posts.

No he wasn't. He wrote that manifesto and posted it on the internal company message board. Then the memo "found" its way to Gizmodo and broader social media when Damore didn't get the reaction at Google he had hoped, and the resulting fallout led Google to fire him.

If it turns out that he is the one who leaked his own memo to Gizmodo, then that's it. He's got no legal legs to stand on.

You are a moron and I hope you're not going to be representing Google in court....because if so, they'll lose big time.

OK...

giphy.gif
Lol...now this faggot thinks gifs will make him look smart. Look, Gimpy....youre a dumb fuck. Nothing you say or do will change that until you stop being a dumbfuck.

And since you are a dumbfuck, maybe that is impossible for you to do. But I hope the best for you.

The more you screech, the less convinced I am you know what you're talking about.
Feel free to quote his snowflake melting words for everyone.

Googles Ideological Echo Chamber

Google CANNOT enforce it however they want. if they don't enforce it in a content neutral basis, they are violating the employment law.

Yes, they certainly can enforce their employment contracts however they want. You agree to that when you sign on the line.

So if they have a policy saying "no sex at work" and when they catch heterosexual sex acts they ignore it, but fire people caught doing homosexual sex acts, that would be OK?

But they don't. So instead of dreaming up hypotheticals, how about you deal with reality.

it's the same concept we have been trying to explain to you.

Would they be able to do the above or not?

No, it's just you redefining parameters a priori so you don't have to admit that the position you have is bullshit.

OK...

giphy.gif

That's a lie. You know you are being crushed like a bug by everyone in this thread.

If the Google code of conduct has political motivations in their code of conduct ...their code of conduct is illegal in CA.

Then he should have gone through the proper legal channels to sue them while he was working there. Not written some ridiculous email to his colleagues.

He's only suing now because his 15 minutes of fame was fading.
Another cheerleader for mega corporations.

It has nothing to do with corporations. It is basic work ethic. You can't bad mouth your employer in an email and then send it to everyone at work. You also can't spread your social and political ideologies. It's unprofessional.

Yes, and is in clear violation of the Google Employee Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
Google has long promoted a culture of openness, with employees allowed to question senior executives and even mock its strategy in internal forums. ”

Keep showing us how you always lie.

Which isn't the same thing as disparagement.

What part of stating scientific fact that men and women are different violated that, Dufus.

It's scientific fact that women aren't as good coders as men? Where is that established?
By the fact women don't go into those fields, moron.

They do go into those fields.
Barely. Because it isn't what women are into.

Wait a second! You JUST SAID they didn't go into those fields one post ago...now you're saying they do, but barely? Any more shifting of the goalposts you wanna do on this thread?
Lol...how petty. I was speaking in general...averages and what not. The fact you're so desperate that you would pretend you don't know that is what I was doing proves either one of two things:
1: You really are retarded
Or
2: You know Im right, and you are too stupid to admit it, thinking denying reality is beneficial to your reputation here.

Which is it, sunshine?

he was asked to provide feedback, and he did. he was fired for the content of it, due to his politics.

No, he was fired because his manifesto violated Google's stated Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct Damore agreed to abide by when he accepted employment at Google.

More goalpost shifting......

LOL

You're the ones who posted the quote from one of Google's chief executives explicitly stating that was the reason for Damore's termination.

It had nothing to do with the policy of "any" politics, it was specific to HIS politics, which is illegal in California.

Right, it has to do with Damore violating the strict Code of Conduct he agreed to abide by when he accepted employment at Google.

Did he not read the Code of Conduct? Did he not read his Employee Handbook?

These are questions the judge will ask him.

Then he should have gone through the proper legal channels to sue them while he was working there. Not written some ridiculous email to his colleagues.

He's only suing now because his 15 minutes of fame was fading.
Another cheerleader for mega corporations.

It has nothing to do with corporations. It is basic work ethic. You can't bad mouth your employer in an email and then send it to everyone at work. You also can't spread your social and political ideologies. It's unprofessional.

Yes, and is in clear violation of the Google Employee Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
Google has long promoted a culture of openness, with employees allowed to question senior executives and even mock its strategy in internal forums. ”

Keep showing us how you always lie.

Which isn't the same thing as disparagement.
Hilarious the stupid lies you make up to support mega corporations.

OK...

giphy.gif

Is it illegal to fire people over their political beliefs in CA or not, fucktard? Yes or No?

He wasn't fired for his beliefs, he was fired for violating the Code of Conduct he agreed to abide by when he accepted employment.

OK...

giphy.gif

He wasn't fired for his beliefs, he was fired for violating the Code of Conduct he agreed to abide by when he accepted employment.
Liar.

Correct. I was discussing the alleged "black list" discrimination in the company.

Alleged by whom? By the person who was fired for violating the terms of the Code of Conduct he previously agreed to abide by.

Unless...you're saying he never bothered to read that Code of Conduct. Which doesn't insulate him from being terminated. Laziness is not an excuse.

You lied and then dodged twice and then changed the subject twice.

I lied about nothing. This guy broke his contract, and now expects to not face consequences for doing so. Talk about entitled.

Your initial post, where you openly supported this discrimination because it was "legal" is being validated with every post you make at this point.Despite your cowardly and dishonest walking it back, in your second and third posts.

Not what my initial post said. I've been saying the same thing this whole time; Damore violated the terms of his employment contract. Apparently, he doesn't think doing so should result in any consequences because he mistakenly thinks he's entitled to say whatever the fuck he wants on internal company communications. Guess what? He isn't.

OK...

giphy.gif

Why are you so stupid? No he was fired for giving his opinion, one the company asked for. It didn't please them so they fired him. Anyone with a functional brain knows this.

I would back you up if you were fired for giving your bosses what they asked for...and then you were fired for doing just that.

You are stupid and a political hack...

Google CANNOT enforce it however they want. if they don't enforce it in a content neutral basis, they are violating the employment law.

Yes, they certainly can enforce their employment contracts however they want. You agree to that when you sign on the line.

So if they have a policy saying "no sex at work" and when they catch heterosexual sex acts they ignore it, but fire people caught doing homosexual sex acts, that would be OK?

But they don't. So instead of dreaming up hypotheticals, how about you deal with reality.

it's the same concept we have been trying to explain to you.

Would they be able to do the above or not?

No, it's just you redefining parameters a priori so you don't have to admit that the position you have is bullshit.

It's a similar issue with just different parameters. You don't want to answer because any way you answer will either make you look bad or force you to admit your position is wrong.

Lol...how petty. I was speaking in general

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT.

Your exact words were "women don't go into these fields". Not women don't "largely" go into these fields. Not women don't "usually" go into these fields. Just your absolutist position of "women don't go into these fields". They obviously do, and you were just expressing that exact absolutist sexism and bigotry that got Demore canned.

I think you clearly thought that no women were into coding and that you think as Demore does, that women aren't genetically predisposed to doing it. But that's bullshit, of course

Forum List

Back