White man slaps screaming black kid - No injury - Gets 8 months in prison

Yes, got it. Understood. No compassion. Operated in a vacuum, yeah.:thup:

Compassion is one thing, understanding that bad breaks don't entitle one to assault another person, especially a child, is another.

And what kind of damned sense does "I lost my child, so I'm going to smack YOUR child" make anyway?

Oh good. Here, sign on the Angel's Pledge;

"I, [insert your name here] do solemnly swear that never in my pristine life have I ever said or done anything in the heat of the moment that I later regretted."

Ta!

I , Billy Zane, absolutely, positively solemnly swear that I have never and will never assault another person, most notably a small child, simply because I was upset, regardless of the circumstances.

I know, I know, it's adult like and shit, but I encourage it.

Another person who has no idea what it's like to be in the man's position. I'll tell you from experience that it never occurred to the man that changing seats was an option; no idea that anyone at all could possible empathize with him; no idea that anyone at all could possibly help.

I sincerely hope you never do have to walk a mile in this man's shoes.

But it's understandable to call a baby a ****** and then slap it because HIS child was dead. And he was drunk. That baby didn't kill his child. That baby was a baby. Would YOU smack a baby, call it a ******, if your child just died, Ernie? Oh hell no. This much I know about you.

In the immediate aftermath of my son's death, had I been on a plane with a screaming kid? Perhaps I would. As I remember, there were 2 people I wanted to kill at Ben's funeral.

You just don't understand.

A friend and I were talking about it the other night. She admitted to having no idea what it would be like. She was absolutely right.
All the parents here are saying how they all would be kicking the hell out of the guy for laying his hands on their child. That is entirely understandable Any parent will do whatever he can to defend their child.

But when you lose a child to suicide, there is no one to focus all the rage on, nothing you can do to make it right,. All you have is a profound sense of guilt.

"I should have been there!"

"I must be a shitty dad."

And a hundred more I shoulda's, coulda's go through your head.

And no one, is really to blame. But you NEED to focus the hate. You need to fight back.

Someone pisses you off? Good enough.

Right? Hell no.

I understand.

Not everyone reacts as you do,

I am not sure whether other people exactly understood when my child died but I know they cared.

That was good enough.

I had no hate.

All I had was sorrow.

Understanding why he hit a child is in a way excusing it.

I don't think he deserved 8 months.

But it's understandable to call a baby a ****** and then slap it because HIS child was dead. And he was drunk. That baby didn't kill his child. That baby was a baby. Would YOU smack a baby, call it a ******, if your child just died, Ernie? Oh hell no. This much I know about you.

In the immediate aftermath of my son's death, had I been on a plane with a screaming kid? Perhaps I would. As I remember, there were 2 people I wanted to kill at Ben's funeral.

A friend and I were talking about it the other night. She admitted to having no idea what it would be like. She was absolutely right.
All the parents here are saying how they all would be kicking the hell out of the guy for laying his hands on their child. That is entirely understandable Any parent will do whatever he can to defend their child.

But when you lose a child to suicide, there is no one to focus all the rage on, nothing you can do to make it right,. All you have is a profound sense of guilt.

And no one, is really to blame. But you NEED to focus the hate. You need to fight back.

Right? Hell no.

I understand.

I am not sure whether other people exactly understood when my child died but I know they cared.

That was good enough.

I had no hate.

All I had was sorrow.

Oh, good. So you were at home, grieving with loved ones? Not flying cross country to pull the plug and shatter your heart?

Lucky you!

Please sign the Angel Pledge card.

Compassion is one thing, understanding that bad breaks don't entitle one to assault another person, especially a child, is another.

And what kind of damned sense does "I lost my child, so I'm going to smack YOUR child" make anyway?

"I, [insert your name here] do solemnly swear that never in my pristine life have I ever said or done anything in the heat of the moment that I later regretted."

Ta!

I , Billy Zane, absolutely, positively solemnly swear that I have never and will never assault another person, most notably a small child, simply because I was upset, regardless of the circumstances.

Nope. Wrong card. That was the Sanctimonious Asshole card.

L2read.

I don't excuse his actions. I empathize with him. I understand as only the father who has lost a child under similar circumstances can.

I'm sorry. You just don't, and can't understand.

I lost my first child.

There is never an excuse for hitting a child.

There are no extenuating circumstances.

Other people understand loss.

Your blindness does not negate Ernie's sight.

People suffer no greater loss than that of a child.

That does not excuse inflicting pain on others.

If anything, it should prompt a greater understanding.

Ta!

Nope. Wrong card. That was the Sanctimonious Asshole card.

L2read.
Well folks, that about sums up why this country is headed to hell in a hand basket.

This person defends a person who hit a BABY, while calling the person who says they would never hit a child an asshole.

I lost my first child.

There is never an excuse for hitting a child.

There are no extenuating circumstances.

Other people understand loss.

Your blindness does not negate Ernie's sight.

People suffer no greater loss than that of a child.

That does not excuse inflicting pain on others.

If anything, it should prompt a greater understanding.

Should prompt a greater understanding. Oh, but no! Not the understanding I exhibited. Good heavens, no.

This is all just insane. I dont give a damn what was on his mind, you dont ever hit someones baby. The racial part of this shows it was not a simple reactionary type thing as well.

If that mother fucker touched my child, I would have put him down. How can anyone....ANYONE support that asshole.

Right? Hell no.

I understand.

That was good enough.

I had no hate.

All I had was sorrow.

Anger is a normal reaction during grief. You can look that up. There is a plethora of information on it out there. A person who claims to have not experienced it likely is devoid of other emotions as well.

This is all just insane. I dont give a damn what was on his mind, you dont ever hit someones baby. The racial part of this shows it was not a simple reactionary type thing as well.

If that mother fucker touched my child, I would have put him down. How can anyone....ANYONE support that asshole.

Absolutely! Because why should your child have to tolerate your presence during their formative years? MUCH better daddy be doing time for manslaughter.

Absolutely! Because why should your child have to tolerate your presence during their formative years? MUCH better daddy be doing time for manslaughter.

I am on a plane. Some guy hits my child. I will put him on the deck. not kill, put him on the deck and subdue until authorities took over. I would have been TOTALLY justified to punch him in his fucking mouth for hitting my infant.

Agree.

what?

You really gotta wonder about society when the same people who encourage tolerance for pedophiles recommend assault and rape of a man who slapped a child.

Yes, got it. Understood. No compassion. Operated in a vacuum, yeah.:thup:

Ta!
Oh wow! where is that coming from? I don't remember saying that I am an angel and have never done anything in the heat of the moment that I later regretted, but I can say that I have never committed a crime, in the heat of the moment, either.

So why all this sarcasm toward those of us that feel this should never have happened? I thought you were on the same side, since you specified that what he did was wrong and he was punished appropriately?

I'm confused....what exactly are you advocating that the rest of us seem to be missing?

Are you accusing us of not having as much compassion for him as you do?

I'm not trying to be catty....I really am confused at your statements.

Unbelievable. Fucking ape needed to shut up. If its mother can't shut it up don't take it on a damn plane. The man was going to see his son who was in the hospital on a life support...

So, in your world, a black baby is an "ape" and an "it," and deserved to be slapped?

Kindly dry-hump a cactus.

Forum List

Back