White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh

I feel sorry for Marc who is so hung up on race it' must be a miserable life

He's been fed this white privilege crap and now uses it to justify hating others

some people will always be a victim...

If he's miserable it's his own doing, so no feeling sorry for him or his ilk at all. Blacks who've swallowed the victimhood nonsense are too stupid to think for themselves so piss on them.

Maybe you should look at the black culture to see why things are the way they are...like people being afraid they will be followed and harassed...and try and change that instead of just blaming "white people"

What don't you understand about...

I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.

Are you suggesting that those two things are the fault of black people?

Please expound.

[MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION]

I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.

Please expound.

Why is it that black people can't go shopping alone...etc...etc..?

Since negroes are only 13% of the population, I'd say they are WELL represented in EVERY medium...television, newspapers, commercials, magazines...

In fact, one would think they comprised a much larger part of the population based on how many times they appear in the media.

Maybe you should look at the black culture to see why things are the way they are...like people being afraid they will be followed and harassed...and try and change that instead of just blaming "white people"

What don't you understand about...

Please expound.

[MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION]

oh what, you going to say that never happens? that black people are just saints.
you act like blacks don't have a hand in any of this perception of how people see them
watch what happens when a white person walks though a housing project?
It's now different than you feel your being watched while through a white neighborhood

Black people are just as racist if not more against whites, listen their comedy acts...they are racist against Asians, Iraqies because they came in your neighborhood and started up business...so stop with how it's only blacks who are victims of racism and get off your hate you can't change things that is HUMAN NATURE and get on with life

Can't answer the simple question huh [MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION]?

Figures...

:cool:

I'm involving my white privilege. I have a few stands of junipers that need to be uprooted and replaced with Cupressus sempervirens.

I'm a 50 year old white guy (well I'll be 50 in July) and I'd readily admit that society is clearly biased in my favor...and I appreciated the 50 item list just as a method of conceptualizing this topic. I'm fairly successful, well into the top 1%, and to the point now where my wife and I rarely have to make decisions against purchasing something based on the amount of money we have available.

I've worked for two fortune 500 companies since graduating from a public university, and I live in Iowa, in a neighborhood with excellent public schools.

I'm getting old so it's not clear to me that the same competitive advantage at the same level exists, but I'd guess for white males with "good" educations, it does.

All of that being said, this does not guarantee success...it simply improves the odds, you must still perform. At least in the companies I've worked for if you don't perform you either get let go in the opening labor grades, or you end up in a "window seat" relegated to a job that needs doing, but does not need a strong leader to accomplish that job, and you never advance again.

I'm a 50 year old white guy (well I'll be 50 in July) and I'd readily admit that society is clearly biased in my favor...and I appreciated the 50 item list just as a method of conceptualizing this topic. I'm fairly successful, well into the top 1%, and to the point now where my wife and I rarely have to make decisions against purchasing something based on the amount of money we have available.

I've worked for two fortune 500 companies since graduating from a public university, and I live in Iowa, in a neighborhood with excellent public schools.

I'm getting old so it's not clear to me that the same competitive advantage at the same level exists, but I'd guess for white males with "good" educations, it does.

All of that being said, this does not guarantee success...it simply improves the odds, you must still perform. At least in the companies I've worked for if you don't perform you either get let go in the opening labor grades, or you end up in a "window seat" relegated to a job that needs doing, but does not need a strong leader to accomplish that job, and you never advance again.

That right there in a nutshell is white privilege.

That right there in a nutshell is white privilege.

white superiority is a hell of a drug :lol:

there is no such thing as white privilege; it is a figment of the deluded minds of race-obsessed left-wing nutjobs

there is no such thing as white privilege; it is a figment of the deluded minds of race-obsessed left-wing nutjobs

The quote above got me to thinking how we could discuss this further in a rational way....I thought about a mental experiment.

- Imagine a white male, born into moderate wealth, with white parents, and a reasonable IQ (for lack of a better description of intelligence). Further imagine this guy goes to public schools, including a public college. There is virtually no crime in his life, he's never been robbed or mugged. He has experimented with various drugs, but has no addictions, and drinks moderately for his age.

- Compare this to a black male with all of the same criteria (except he has black parents).

Their performance in the workplace is for all intents the same...do we imagine that their progression in the workplace would be essentially the same? I'd guess that the answer to this question would be slight favorability for the white guy (this just based on my own experience)

- now imagine that same black guy growing up in the inner city, with poor parents, poor school systems, but gettting through college and joining a fortune 500 company. He does not have the same behavior patterns as his white collegues. He will be at a steep disadvantage for a long time as folks look to fill positions, because those folks will be overwhelmingly white, and male, and looking for someone who reminds them of themselves, because they can recognize and intepret those behavior patterns as generating success.

My own career success was largely generated by being the "go to" guy for a fast rising very competent white guy (since retired)...so I did good work, he wanted to keep me around him, and in return I got a ride on his coat tails (welcome to corporate success strategy 101)

Could I have done this if I were black....likely yes as long as had the same skill set I have now both interms of performance and social skills. If I had the social skills based on being raised in the inner city it wouldn't have mattered if I were black or white, I wouldn't have had the opportunity in a fourtune 500 company that I did.

Forum List

Back