Who are the Israelis?

If it was about criticism of the government, why hate the people?
Now you simply confirm the inability to agree with anything Israelis do,
comes from an irrational position you can't justify in any objective terms.

And what makes your opinion more important than that of the Israeli voter?
It "is" criticism of the Israeli government and yes, I do hate right wing Israelis!

As far as "agreeing" with what Israelis do, I have been very clear on this as well, I "agree" and support left wing Israelis.

As far as "irrational" goes, you have only to look at your own post. You're all over the map and you waffle more than IHOP!

And finally, why would my opinion mean anything to an Israeli?

Now that I have answered your lameass questions, why don't you answer mine?

It "is" criticism of the Israeli government and yes, I do hate right wing Israelis!

As far as "agreeing" with what Israelis do, I have been very clear on this as well, I "agree" and support left wing Israelis.

As far as "irrational" goes, you have only to look at your own post. You're all over the map and you waffle more than IHOP!

And finally, why would my opinion mean anything to an Israeli?

Now that I have answered your lameass questions, why don't you answer mine?

Criticism is not cursing and spitting wild accusations, in the absence of an objective argument.

And your inability to "agree" but with a fringe of the Israeli Left is only an exception,
explaining the default position to disagree with anything of the Israeli Right,
to be an irrational stereotype, and as you repeat, indeed hateful.

Can't anti-Israel posters objectively justify their position?

As said, I'd like to have a discussion on actual questions,
ask something that is not generalized wild accusation.

Israel Independence Day takes center stage in Nigeria

Pastor Adeboye, who heads the Redeemed Church, with over 40 million believers in Nigeria alone and millions more worldwide, graced the event with his presence. Adeboye postponed his flight to Israel by a day in order to attend the event. In addition, diplomats, senior business leaders, cultural figures, and members of the media were also present.

The event itself was divided into three parts – an exhibition that presented Israeli technology relevant to Nigeria, a reception, and a performance by “Tararam,” a creative ensemble of performing artists who produce extraordinary sounds from ordinary objects – a blend of rhythm, music, movement, and wit, interwoven with choreographed body drumming, amusing sounds, and theatrical antics.

Read more -

Can you live a comfortable life as a single person in Tel Aviv? This TikToker explains how

Thousands of people are embracing the exciting journey of aliyah (immigrating to Israel) and even amidst their enthusiasm, one burning question remains: Can you lead a comfortable life as a single person in Tel Aviv in 2023?

Well, the answer has finally arrived, courtesy of TikToker @marcreator_, whose latest viral video has garnered over 375,000 views, received more than 34,000 likes and attracted nearly 1,000 comments.

Through meticulous research, @marcreator_ discovered a one-bedroom apartment in the heart of Tel Aviv, priced at approximately $2,000 per month in rent. Taking into account additional expenses such as tax, electricity, maintenance, internet and gas, the total monthly cost amounted to $2,250.

To shed light on shopping for food, the TikToker enlisted the help of a local Tel Aviv resident, Arielle, who generously divulged her preferred grocery shopping destinations.

"As a proud Tel Avivian, I frequently shop at am/pm," Arielle revealed. "Here, you can find a liter of milk for just $1.93, 12 eggs for $3.79 and half a kilo of chicken for $10.80."

However, to save on expenses for vegetables , fruits and spices, Arielle emphasized the importance of visiting the Shuk, (market). Combining the costs of both regular grocery shopping and the Shuk, the monthly food budget amounted to a reasonable $350.

The TikToker explained the diverse culinary options available in Tel Aviv, ranging from Middle Eastern cuisine, which typically costs around $30 per person, to high-end, upscale restaurants with an average of $80 per person.

"Going out twice a week would average around $500 a month," he explained.

New program aims at fostering the art of Hebrew translation

(photo credit: MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS)

A new residency program for translators was launched by the Israeli Institute for Hebrew Literature, with the support of Mifal HaPais Council for the Culture and Arts and the Foreign Ministry.

Within the framework of the program, seven of the best translators of Hebrew literature – into Japanese, French, English, German, Spanish, Dutch, and Italian – are set to mentor translators who are just beginning their careers.

The event is set to begin with two intensive weeks of residency at Kibbutz Eilon (in the villas at Keshet Eilon) and to continue until the end of 2023.

The senior translators participating in the program include Yardenne Greenspan - who has translated into English the works of Shemi Zarhin, Etgar Keret and Assaf Gavron, and is herself a writer and an essayist published in The New Yorker - Anne Birkenhauer-Molad - who has been translating literature and poetry from Hebrew into German since 1989, including prose by Yaakov Shabtai, Aharon Appelfeld, Gabriela Avigur-Rotem, and David Grossman, as well as poems by Dan Pagis, Yitzhak Laor, and Yehuda Amichai - and Rosie Pinhas - who authored the translation of some of the greatest Hebrew literature into French.

Credit - Ministry of foreign affairs

Credit: MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

The program is aimed to encourage translators at the beginning of their professional careers, with the objective of promoting the spread of Hebrew literature worldwide. The two weeks residency is designed to provide a unique peek into the craft of translation and the world of the translator; as well as a first attempt at creating a personal system of accompaniment and mentorship and a professional yet intimate relationship between senior translators and nascent translators.

In the first part of the day, the program will offer free time so that the translators can work on their personal translation task in collaboration with their translation partner, while in the second part of the day, the time will be dedicated for group activities.

In addition, the public is invited to the opening event, which will feature a panel facilitated by Dr. Oded Wolkenstein focusing on the role of the translator as an artist.

Temple Mount Updates| Israelis Come to See Red Heifer and Discuss the Temple

Temple Mount Updates| US slams Ben Gvir’s ‘unacceptable’ Tish'a B’Av Temple Mount visit

The United States slammed as “unacceptable” National Security Minister Ben-Gvir’s visit to the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound on the Temple Mount on Thursday, to mark the annual Tisha Be’av fast.

“We reaffirm our long-standing US position in support of the historic status quo at Jerusalem’s holy sites,” State Department deputy spokesperson Vedant Patel told reporters in Washington.

“Any unilateral action or rhetoric that deviates or jeopardizes the status quo is completely unacceptable,” Patel emphasized.

The US Embassy in Jerusalem issued a similar statement and US Ambassador Robert Wood echoed his country’s displeasure in a speech he delivered to the United Nations Security Council.

“This holy place should not be used for political purposes. We call on all parties to respect its sanctity,” he said.

Bar Mitzvah at the Temple Mount

Temple Mount at sunrise

Last edited:
New footage of the attack in Tel Aviv: inspectors identify the suspect and approach him. At that moment, the terrorist opened fire, killing Chen Amir HY"D and the other one eliminated him.

"I would've continued to chase the terrorist, I didn't want the girl to go into trauma"
An interview with the father who ran the terrorist away, with a chair

I would have continued to run after the terrorist, I didn't want the girl to go into trauma": Shai Golden and Dana Varon in a special interview with Avraham Mo'alem, the father who was present with his daughter in the Ma'ale Adumim attack and drove the terrorist away | Now 14

Narkis - Perah (Flower)

Beresheet I was a flower
Good roots I had
Don't ridicule dear
Don't worry mama

Who knew I would be so
And how much it costs me
I've got the point, don't worry

Living well with myself
I've stopped running away
It took several years
I've got the power

Be a lioness in a garden of dogs
Let them keep barking
I don't listen to anything said
It's from the heart not the brain

Beresheet I was a flower..
Who knew I'd be so...

Because it's good for me

Put on heels, seeing from above
How some love and some will not listen
Eyes shooting arrows at me, knowing also to strike
Here a woman needs the skin of an elephant
What didn't You manage to swallow

Beresheet I was a flower..
Who knew I'd be so...

It's good for me, my heart is home
Not giving up, not fearing mistakes
At the journey awaiting
Neither is it normal
It's good for me

Last edited:
The Israeli authorities have forced six Palestinian families from the Al-Qaboun Bedouin community east of Ramallah in the central occupied West Bank to leave their homes due to attacks and threats by extremist settlers and the Israeli army.

The general supervisor of Al-Baydar Organisation for the Defence of Bedouin Rights, Hassan Malihat, said that the six families had no choice but to leave their homes as a result of a sharp rise in almost daily attacks and violence by both Israeli settler militias and soldiers. He added that a total of 36 individuals from the Kaabneh family had to leave the community which was displaced from their land during the 1948Nakba, "only to face another story of displacement today."

Malihat said that the displacement of the Bedouin community is a bad omen for other Bedouin communities across the occupied West Bank. They are exposed to a higher risk of displacement and ethnic cleansing as a result of settler attacks.

Last May, 37 Palestinian families who lived in the Bedouin community of Ein Samiya, also east of Ramallah, were forced out of their homes in the isolated community as a result of daily violence by Jewish settlers.

UN documents 591 settlements-related incidents in Occupied Palestinian Territory in 1st half of 2023​

The number of settler-related incidents in the Occupied Palestinian Territory reached 591 in the first six months of 2023, the UN said on Friday, Anadolu Agency reports.

"That's an average of 99 incidents every month and a 39 per cent increase compared with the monthly average of the whole of 2022, which is 71," Jens Laerke, spokesperson for the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), said at a UN briefing in Geneva.

The number of such incidents, which are resulting in Palestinian casualties, property damage, or both, in 2022 was already the highest since OCHA started recording them in 2006, Laerke said.

Palestinian farmer loses $10,000 after settlers set fire to his beehives​

Israeli occupation forces today destroyed and uprooted dozens of olive trees in the town of Battir, west of occupied Bethlehem, WAFA News Agency reported.

According to a local Palestinian activist, an Israeli army unit broke into the eastern part of the village during a morning raid and proceeded to raze four dunums (one acre) of land, vandalising dozens of olive trees owned by local resident Mazen Abu Ne'me.

He added that the area has been recently targeted by groups of extremist Israeli settlers who set up caravans, as a prelude to setting up a new illegal outpost and preventing Palestinian residents from accessing their lands.

Under international law, both the West Bank and East Jerusalem are occupied territories. All settlement building is, therefore, illegal.

Meanwhile, in the village of Zanuta, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, 20 beehives were set on fire and burnt by Israeli settlers.

Yousef Al-Sharha, the owner of the beehives, told WAFA that the settlers, who had destroyed his beehives, had recently set up a caravan and established a settlement outpost next to his apiary.

According to Mondoweiss, the settlers operate by descending en-masse on different sites, where they then set up tents and mobile caravans before declaring them new settlements.
The settlers had burnt 20 out of 50 beehives he owns, which caused him a loss of more than $10,000.

Forum List

Back