For the abundance and blessing
For the family all of it is only thanks to You
You should know that I thank You

I will shout to You!
Great is Your Name
To You my life my heart and my gratitude
I will call to You, I will cal to You

"Come, let us sing praises to Lord; let us shout to the rock of our salvation
Let us greet His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout to Him with songs." (Psalm 95)

For all my failures and disappointments I admit
My fears and obstacles they are all in my favor
There is no other in my heart I thank only You

The Women of Samaria - Moda Ani (Omer Adam song)

Last edited:
20 Heshvan the hilulah of Rabbi Mordechai Sharabi Ztsk"l

1420_2311200548526.jpg

Rabbi Mordechai Sharabi was born in the year 5672 in Sharaab in Yemen and was named Mordechai Yefet-Tauzi, his father died before his birth, and his mother died when he was two years old.
He grew up in the home of his grandfather, who stood up for his wonderful scholastic talents, And after his grandfather died too - was raised by Rabbi Chaim Sinvani. Rabbi Sharabi was ordained as a rabbi in Yemen, and after marrying Rebbetzin Leah, he decided to dedicate himself entirely to Torah study and holy life.

In 1931, Rabbi Mordechai Sharabi immigrated to Eretz Israel and came to Jerusalem, where he studied at the Beit El yeshiva. When he arrived in Jerusalem, the rabbi changed his surname to Sharabi - a name that marks his hometown, and also the acronym "Shalom to Bnei Yisrael".
In the year 5725 Rabbi Sharabi founded his Yeshivat "Nehar Shalom", a yeshiva near the Mahane Yehuda market. He became famous as a holy man and master of miracles, and many went to his door to receive blessings, good advice, and salvation.

The Sharabi couple were childless and invested all their energies in Torah study and charity. He transferred the money he had received in full to charity and held the meeting, while he himself lived in a very small and simple apartment.

Like many of the greatest kabbalists, Rabbi Mordechai Sharabi, zt "l, saw the process of redeeming Israel and establishing the state with a good eye and rejoicing in it. When he was once asked about the ways of leadership of Rav Kook zt "l (Chief Rabbi of Israel), in contrast to Rabbi Sonnenfeld zt"l ('Eda Haredis), replied that Rabbi Kook's path is more correct, for it says (about the Torah) - "Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace" (By Rabbi Amram Aborbae, zt "l, Chief Sephardic Rabbi of Petah Tikva).

maxresdefault.jpg

(Rabbi Sharabi with Rabbi Ovadia ZT"'A)

Many of our greatest rabbis have learned from Rabbi Mordechai Sharabi, including Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Shlit"a, Rabbi Meir Yehuda Getz, Rabbi Shalom Shmueli Shlita, Rabbi Dov Rokach, Rebbe of Belz and many more leaders of all returning communities.

Rabbi Sharabi was very weak in his body, and in recent years his students carried him on a chair. On March 24, 1984, Rabbi Mordechai Sharabi was asked to attend the meeting of Ma'aleh, and he was buried in Har HaMenuhot in Jerusalem. Many Torah institutions have been established in his name, for the study of the revealed and the hidden.

Remembering a Prince of Torah & Kabala, Rav Mordekhai Sharabi TZ'l

Last edited:
Israel to Puttsburg : We Stand With You
Israelis from all walks of life expressed sorrow over the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre and support for the Jewish community.

By: United with Israel Staff

Israel’s leadership continued to express sorrow and dismay over the anti-Semitic massacre of 11 Jewish worshipers at the Tree of Lifee Synagogue in Pittsburgh on Saturday while voicing support for the Jewish community.

To show their firm support, Jews from Israel and around the world began posting pictures in solidarity with the members of the community who are suffering from this terrible anti-Semitic attack.

In Jerusalem, hundreds of youth gathered near City Hall on Sunday night to hold a vigil and show their support and love for the Jews of Pittsburgh.

884794101000100980733yes1130.jpg

8847750010012100980643yes2130.jpg

Israel to Pittsburgh: We Stand with You

'Our Whole Nation Feels Your Pain'

Hundreds gathered at Zion Square in Jerusalem to show solidarity with the Jewish communities in the world and in memory of the people who were murdered on Saturday in a terror attack at a synagogue in the city of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania USA. Oct 28, 2018

Last edited:
From the ADL to me:

Even as our hearts are breaking at the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in U.S. history, we want to help each other get through this difficult time. Here are ways you can take action:

• Stand with the Jewish community of Pittsburgh and beyond in sorrow, remembrance, tolerance and love by adding your name and note of support to ADL’s digital vigil.
  • Consult our resources, including an array of resources for educators and families trying to find ways to discuss what happened and how to respond. Our resources for K-12 educators on issues of hate crimes and mass shootings are being shared with nearly 50,000 teachers who participate in our network.
  • Join us to learn and be inspired at Never is Now, ADL’s annual one-day summit on anti-Semitism and hate, taking place in New York on December 3rd.
ADL offices around the country have helped organize or partner in more than 40 interfaith vigils with rabbis, reverends and imams so we can all grieve together.

I wonder if there would have been the same outpourings had it been an Islamist attack.

Saudi-Backed Muslim World League Condemns ‘Heinous’ Pittsburgh Synagogue Massacre

Mohammed al-Issa, secretary-general of the Muslim World League, in Paris, Nov. 2017. Photo: Reuters / Clotaire Achi.

The Mecca-based Muslim World League has issued a denunciation on Saturday’s massacre of 11 Jewish worshippers at a Pittsburgh synagogue by a white supremacist gunman.

The Saudi government-backed group’s secretary-general, Mohammed al-Issa, said in a statement that his group “strongly condemns the heinous attack on peaceful civilians and places of worship, and deemed the violation of their sanctity a criminal act.”

He added that “this terrorist attack is deprived of all principles and values and targeted the lives of peaceful and innocent civilians.”

The incident, he went on to say, “will only make our belief grow stronger in strengthening international solidarity and cooperation to confront extremism that knows no religion and race for the sake of realizing its evil objectives.”

Saudi-Backed Muslim World League Condemns ‘Heinous’ Pittsburgh Synagogue Massacre

"All the Jews of the world are going through a family reunion" - David's Story

I wonder if there would have been the same outpourings had it been an Islamist attack.

Mohammed al-Issa, secretary-general of the Muslim World League, in Paris, Nov. 2017. Photo: Reuters / Clotaire Achi.

The Mecca-based Muslim World League has issued a denunciation on Saturday’s massacre of 11 Jewish worshippers at a Pittsburgh synagogue by a white supremacist gunman.

The Saudi government-backed group’s secretary-general, Mohammed al-Issa, said in a statement that his group “strongly condemns the heinous attack on peaceful civilians and places of worship, and deemed the violation of their sanctity a criminal act.”

He added that “this terrorist attack is deprived of all principles and values and targeted the lives of peaceful and innocent civilians.”

The incident, he went on to say, “will only make our belief grow stronger in strengthening international solidarity and cooperation to confront extremism that knows no religion and race for the sake of realizing its evil objectives.”

If this had been a Muslim massacre they would be saying. It was the “ Racist Right Wing” , Trump on his immigration status of some Muslim Countries and the Gunnan was Jewish

"My name is Miri Lavi- and we were refugees"
Miri Lavi and her family serve as an example of the diversity found in Israel. Miri’s father was born in Israel, but is of Libyan heritage, and her mother was born in Morocco. Miri’s husband was born in Israel, and is the descendant of a Yemeni mother, and a Moroccan father. Miri’s mother and her family were forced to leave Yemen due to growing anti-semitism and the riots that followed. Miri’s paternal grandparents fled Libya right before the Second World War. Despite the hardships her family has endured, she does not want to hold a grudge.

Last edited:
:coffee:
Real-life road runner: Escaped emu races cars on busy highway

Following the situation in the south and the Gaza vicinity, the National Student Council decided to launch a campaign to support the residents of the south: "South Black". The campaign will work in the following manner: On November 6, this Tuesday, all of us, youth and youth in the State of Israel, will arrive in a black shirt to the school take a picture with a sign of support and upload the #Darom_Shahor (Black South in Hebrew.) hashtag to the social media. We trust you to make this campaign work and distribute it to every student in Israel.

Forum List

Back