Who Built the Egyptian Pyramids?

citation supporting his/her/its statement

Here is one:

Josephus Antiquities of the Jews — Book II Chapter 9.

Concerning the afflictions that befel the Hebrews in Egypt, during four hundred years. (21)

1. Now it happened that the Egyptians grew delicate and lazy, as to pains-taking; and gave themselves up to other pleasures, and in particular to the love of gain. They also became very ill affected towards the Hebrews, as touched with envy at their prosperity. For when they saw how the nation of the Israelites flourished, and were become eminent already in plenty of wealth, which they had acquired by their virtue, and natural love of labour, they thought their increase was to their own detriment. And having in length of time forgotten the benefits they had received from Joseph; particularly the crown being now come into another family; they became very abusive to the Israelites; and contrived many ways of afflicting them: for they enjoyned them to cut a great number of channels for the river, and to build walls for their cities, and ramparts, that they might restrain the river, and hinder its waters from stagnating, upon its running over its own banks: they set them also to build pyramids: (22) and by all this wore them out, and forced them to learn all sorts of mechanical arts, and to accustom themselves to hard labour. And four hundred years did they spend under these afflictions: for they strove one against the other which should get the mastery. The Egyptians desiring to destroy the Israelites by these labours; and the Israelites desiring to hold out to the end under them.
well-----josephus wrote, I believe, greek-------so I cannot even attempt to try
to figure out what he meant. ALSO just what Pyramid meant in the days he
described is a mystery to me What seems to be true is that any Egyptian with wealth
wanted something LIKE a pyramid burial complete with mummification and that
there were lots of little facsimiles done. The writings of Josephus are NOT GOSPEL for
scholars except when he describe stuff contemporary to himself.

I think the biggest culprit was Hollywood movies.

I agree with you.. The Epic Bible movies portray the Jews as slaves in Egypt and pyramid builders.

There are many theories about who built Egypt's pyramids, including large teams of enslaved Jewish people
No such claim exists in the Bible. So why are you trying to imply it was?

Did you see the word "theories"? NOT Bible.
Seems as if you are trying to imply it is. Where else would we have gotten that "theory" from?

The people who claim the Jews built the pyramids reference mudbricks.. Lucky me I have watched the production of mud bricks.
Your thread doesn't support your cover story.
give him/her/it a CHANCE ----why are you trying to close up
your delightful bicker----dingy?
Because unlike you I have other things to spend my time on.
good boy-----run along
But I like talking to YOU, grandma.
wash your hands
And destroy the good bacteria that God created????

Maybe surada was right about you. Maybe you are upset because you do believe the Jews built the pyramids. And that's why you are so out of sorts today. Is that it?

I think the Egyptian pyramids are much older than the period in which the Jews were purportedly in Goshen..

The red pyramids in Sudan are also quite interesting.
Pyramids of Sudan – The Forgotten Nubian Pyramids ...

Nubian Pyramids
Why Sudan Pyramids Do Not Have tops?
The Ancient History of Sudanese Pyramids
Pyramids in Sudan are mostly known under the name Nubian Pyramids. They were built by the rulers of the ancient Kushite kingdom. Located in the area of Nile known as Nubia, they lie within the north of present-day Sudan. Present-day Sudan was home to three Kushite kingdoms. The first one, with its capital at Kerma, from 2500 to 1500 BC, the second one with its capital in Napata from 1000 to 300 BC, and the last one, with its capital in Meroe, lasting from 300 BC to AD 300. Influenced by the Egyptians, N…

the question addressed to you, Surada was "where did you get the idea that
lots of people claim that jews built the pyramids? " I have been a jew all of
my life and NEVER came across YOUR theory that lots of people or any people
imagine that jews built the pyramids. It is something you picked up in church
meetings in Saudi Arabia? SUDAN was once a thriving place. It is discussed
in the bible. Then islam happened to it economically. It became an outpost
for Arabia of the arabian slave trade

'Who built the pyramids?' - Round Two - The Jerusalem Post
Elaph added that while Israel contends the Jews built the pyramids, Egyptian archaeologists deny it. The newspaper cited archaeology expert Dr Esam Amin as saying that Israel’s claims were ...

Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Did the Jews Build the Pyramids? - The Israel Bible
Hawas criticized the school curriculum for “insisting that the Jews built the pyramids and highlighting the fact that those who refused to partake in the building were physically tortured.” Dr. John H. Taylor, the curator of the Egypt Department of the British Museum in London confirms Hawass’ assertion explaining that the pyramids were built 100 years after the Israelites left Egypt.

You got that "school curriculum" that "INSISTS" that the jews built the Pyramids at
GIZA? ------all you seem to have is a vague off-hand remark by Menachem Begin who was
certainly no Egyptologist. . I know lots of people in Israel and never heard any say---
WE DID THE PYRAMIDS------certainly not the kids. Cecille B Demille was VERY SCHOLARLY
about his films-----he based his "TEN COMMANDMENTS" on information in the bible and
Midrash------mudbricks and urban city type building. -----in fact, very specifically. The
big pyramids represent Egypt------if one shows up in a picture it is silly to construe
that as a CLAIM

citation supporting his/her/its statement

Here is one:

Josephus Antiquities of the Jews — Book II Chapter 9.

Concerning the afflictions that befel the Hebrews in Egypt, during four hundred years. (21)

1. Now it happened that the Egyptians grew delicate and lazy, as to pains-taking; and gave themselves up to other pleasures, and in particular to the love of gain. They also became very ill affected towards the Hebrews, as touched with envy at their prosperity. For when they saw how the nation of the Israelites flourished, and were become eminent already in plenty of wealth, which they had acquired by their virtue, and natural love of labour, they thought their increase was to their own detriment. And having in length of time forgotten the benefits they had received from Joseph; particularly the crown being now come into another family; they became very abusive to the Israelites; and contrived many ways of afflicting them: for they enjoyned them to cut a great number of channels for the river, and to build walls for their cities, and ramparts, that they might restrain the river, and hinder its waters from stagnating, upon its running over its own banks: they set them also to build pyramids: (22) and by all this wore them out, and forced them to learn all sorts of mechanical arts, and to accustom themselves to hard labour. And four hundred years did they spend under these afflictions: for they strove one against the other which should get the mastery. The Egyptians desiring to destroy the Israelites by these labours; and the Israelites desiring to hold out to the end under them.
well-----josephus wrote, I believe, greek-------so I cannot even attempt to try
to figure out what he meant. ALSO just what Pyramid meant in the days he
described is a mystery to me What seems to be true is that any Egyptian with wealth
wanted something LIKE a pyramid burial complete with mummification and that
there were lots of little facsimiles done. The writings of Josephus are NOT GOSPEL for
scholars except when he describe stuff contemporary to himself.

I think the biggest culprit was Hollywood movies.

I agree with you.. The Epic Bible movies portray the Jews as slaves in Egypt and pyramid builders.
You saw PYRAMIDS in the movie "TEN COMMANDMENTS"? You heard the word
PYRAMID? The movie depicts jews making mud bricks-----and alludes to small cities.
which were actually named-----but I don't remember those names

To sum up surada's wide variety of "opinions" on every topic:

1. Jews don't deserve the credit

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick randomly,
repeat in every thread.

There are many theories about who built Egypt's pyramids, including large teams of enslaved Jewish people

Seems as if you are trying to imply it is. Where else would we have gotten that "theory" from?

The people who claim the Jews built the pyramids reference mudbricks.. Lucky me I have watched the production of mud bricks.
good boy-----run along
wash your hands

Maybe surada was right about you. Maybe you are upset because you do believe the Jews built the pyramids. And that's why you are so out of sorts today. Is that it?

I think the Egyptian pyramids are much older than the period in which the Jews were purportedly in Goshen..

Nubian Pyramids
Pyramids in Sudan are mostly known under the name Nubian Pyramids. They were built by the rulers of the ancient Kushite kingdom. Located in the area of Nile known as Nubia, they lie within the north of present-day Sudan. Present-day Sudan was home to three Kushite kingdoms. The first one, with its capital at Kerma, from 2500 to 1500 BC, the second one with its capital in Napata from 1000 to 300 BC, and the last one, with its capital in Meroe, lasting from 300 BC to AD 300. Influenced by the Egyptians, N…

Elaph added that while Israel contends the Jews built the pyramids, Egyptian archaeologists deny it. The newspaper cited archaeology expert Dr Esam Amin as saying that Israel’s claims were ...

Hawas criticized the school curriculum for “insisting that the Jews built the pyramids and highlighting the fact that those who refused to partake in the building were physically tortured.” Dr. John H. Taylor, the curator of the Egypt Department of the British Museum in London confirms Hawass’ assertion explaining that the pyramids were built 100 years after the Israelites left Egypt.

surada's cretincy - Round Two:

when asked to back-up that straw man,
this is what we receive as "proof":

"Hawass went on to file an official complaint to the Egyptian attorney general of Egypt against a Cairo high school for teaching the students that it was the Israelites who built the pyramids. Hawas criticized the school curriculum for “insisting that the Jews built the pyramids and highlighting the fact that those who refused to partake in the building were physically tortured.”"

Because really, pan-Arab propaganda doesn't allow any individual thought,
or participation in real conversation, but the typical 2 track-mind buffoonery.

To sum up surada's variety of "opinions" in every thread:

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick carefully,
repeat randomly.
I did a bit of dabbling on the net and discovered that ---EARLY in the history of
Egypt ---like Middle Kingdom-----even the big shots were buried in small "pyramids" made of mud-bricks which in more modern literature bear the name "mastaba". The use of very heavy whole
quarried stones -----was a later development and was not commonplace even for elites.
Clearly----they needed lots of mudbricks. Ask Yul Brenner

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick randomly,
repeat in every thread.

Don't be stupid.. unless you are competing for victim status.. That's a Trump strategy.

This thread is about the pyramids and who built them not about YOU.

Yeah rylah -----got that? for even more information on YOU try getting educated
via a collection of Khutbah Jumaat feces flings

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick randomly,
repeat in every thread.

Don't be stupid.. unless you are competing for victim status.. That's a Trump strategy.

surada's cretincy - Round Three -

"Don't be stupid, this thread is about...(pick randomly)... not about YOU"

And in the same breath: "The myth about Jews..."

:stupid:

P.S. Seriously, what would you do without us?

good boy-----run along
wash your hands

Nubian Pyramids

"Hawass went on to file an official complaint to the Egyptian attorney general of Egypt against a Cairo high school for teaching the students that it was the Israelites who built the pyramids. Hawas criticized the school curriculum for “insisting that the Jews built the pyramids and highlighting the fact that those who refused to partake in the building were physically tortured.”"

I am amazed RYLAH------somehow Surada MISSED the fact that the
school curriculum to which he/she/it referred as an EGYPTIAN CURRICULUM.
Somehow, he/she/it expressed itself as if it was an Israeli school Curriculum.

good boy-----run along
wash your hands

Nubian Pyramids

You want to discuss what has already been disproven? Why?

They have excavated the worker camps of the pyramid builders and they weren't Jews.

The pyramids were a national project built by Egyptians during the off season after planting (twice a year) along the delta.

Mud bricks are common all over the Middle East... and East Africa even now.. Have you ever seen how they do it? Its fascinating and they sing while they do it.

There is NO evidence that the Hebrews were ever in Egypt.

Live Science
Who built the Egyptian pyramids?
Owen Jarus 3 hrs ago

Egypt's pyramids are an archaeological marvel, rising high above the desert sands and visible for miles on end. Building these pyramids was undoubtedly a mammoth task, so who were the individuals that pulled it off?

a man riding a horse in a desert with Great Pyramid of Giza in the background: A Bedouin on a camel by the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure at the Giza Necropolis in Egypt.© Provided by Live Science A Bedouin on a camel by the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure at the Giza Necropolis in Egypt.
There are many theories about who built Egypt's pyramids, including large teams of enslaved Jewish people and wilder ideas, such as inhabitants of the 'lost' city of Atlantis or even aliens.

None of these theories, however, have evidence to back them up.

The pyramids could not have been constructed by Jewish slaves, as no archaeological remains that can be directly linked to the Jewish people have been found in Egypt that date back to 4,500 years ago, when the Giza pyramids were built, archaeological research has revealed. Additionally the story told in the Hebrew Bible about Jews being slaves in Egypt refers to a city named "Ramesses." A city named pi-Ramesses was founded during the 19th dynasty (about 1295-1186 B.C.) and was named after Ramesses II, who ruled 1279–1213 BC. This city was constructed after the era of pyramid construction had ended in Egypt.

"We have no clue, not even a single word, about early Israelites in Egypt: neither in monumental inscriptions on walls of temples, nor in tomb inscriptions, nor in papyri," wrote archaeologists Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman in their book "The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of its Sacred Texts" (The Free Press, 2001).

What's more, no archaeological evidence has ever been found for the lost city of Atlantis in any time period, and many scholars believe that the story is fictional. As for aliens, well, that idea is out of this world.

In fact, all the evidence shows that the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids, Egyptologists say. But how the pyramid builders lived, how they were compensated and how they were treated is a mystery that researchers are still investigating.

The pyramids and their builders
Egypt has more than 100 ancient pyramids, but its most famous include the first step pyramid, built during the reign of the pharaoh Djoser (about 2630-2611 B.C.), and the first true pyramid — one that has smooth sides — built under the rule of pharaoh Snefru (about 2575-2551 B.C.), Mark Lehner wrote in his book, "The Complete Pyramids: Solving the Ancient Mysteries" (Thames & Hudson, 2008). The Great Pyramid was constructed at Giza during the reign of pharaoh Khufu (about 2551-2528 B.C.), and two of his successors, Khafre (about 2520-2494 B.C.) and Menkaure (about 2490-2472 B.C.), also had pyramids built at Giza.

Pharaohs gradually stopped building pyramids during the New Kingdom (1550-1070 B.C.), choosing instead to be buried in the Valley of the Kings, which is located about 300 miles (483 km) south of Giza, Lehner noted in his book. Over the past few decades, archaeologists have found new pieces of evidence that provide clues as to who the pyramid builders were and how they lived.

Surviving written records, including papyri discovered in 2013 at Wadi al-Jarf on Egypt's Red Sea coast, indicate that large groups of workers — sometimes translated as "gangs" — helped bring material to Giza. The papyri found at Wadi al-Jarf tell of a group of 200 men headed by an inspector named Merer. The group of workers transported limestone by boat along the Nile River a distance of about 11 miles (18 kilometers) from Tura to the Great Pyramid, where the stone was used to build the outer casing of the monument.

In the past, Egyptologists had theorized that the pyramid builders were largely made up of seasonal agricultural workers who had reached a point in the year in which there was little agricultural work to be done. However, it remains to be seen whether this is actually true. The papyri detailing the pyramid's histories are still in the process of being deciphered and analyzed, but the results indicate that the gang led by Merer did far more than help with pyramid construction.

continued
if man came from apes, where did apes come from?

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick randomly,
repeat in every thread.

surada's cretincy - Round Three

Seriously, what would you do without us?
I love jewish mythology-----like THE DYBBUK and I am
actually convinced that the very interestiing 1001 arabian nites----
was actually authored by a jew-----for the very best and CREATIVE
jewish mythology---consult your local Imam

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick randomly,
repeat in every thread.

Well, if you are a Jew it would seem that you would want the history to be accurate.

Exodus is a myth.. according to Jewish scholars.

Doubting the Story of Exodus - Los Angeles Times
Apr 13, 2001 · A baby is found in a basket adrift in the Egyptian Nile and is adopted into the pharaoh’s household. He grows up as Moses, rediscovers his roots and …

There is NO evidence that the Hebrews were ever in Egypt.

Live Science
Who built the Egyptian pyramids?
Owen Jarus 3 hrs ago

Egypt's pyramids are an archaeological marvel, rising high above the desert sands and visible for miles on end. Building these pyramids was undoubtedly a mammoth task, so who were the individuals that pulled it off?

a man riding a horse in a desert with Great Pyramid of Giza in the background: A Bedouin on a camel by the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure at the Giza Necropolis in Egypt.© Provided by Live Science A Bedouin on a camel by the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure at the Giza Necropolis in Egypt.
There are many theories about who built Egypt's pyramids, including large teams of enslaved Jewish people and wilder ideas, such as inhabitants of the 'lost' city of Atlantis or even aliens.

None of these theories, however, have evidence to back them up.

The pyramids could not have been constructed by Jewish slaves, as no archaeological remains that can be directly linked to the Jewish people have been found in Egypt that date back to 4,500 years ago, when the Giza pyramids were built, archaeological research has revealed. Additionally the story told in the Hebrew Bible about Jews being slaves in Egypt refers to a city named "Ramesses." A city named pi-Ramesses was founded during the 19th dynasty (about 1295-1186 B.C.) and was named after Ramesses II, who ruled 1279–1213 BC. This city was constructed after the era of pyramid construction had ended in Egypt.

"We have no clue, not even a single word, about early Israelites in Egypt: neither in monumental inscriptions on walls of temples, nor in tomb inscriptions, nor in papyri," wrote archaeologists Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman in their book "The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of its Sacred Texts" (The Free Press, 2001).

What's more, no archaeological evidence has ever been found for the lost city of Atlantis in any time period, and many scholars believe that the story is fictional. As for aliens, well, that idea is out of this world.

In fact, all the evidence shows that the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids, Egyptologists say. But how the pyramid builders lived, how they were compensated and how they were treated is a mystery that researchers are still investigating.

The pyramids and their builders
Egypt has more than 100 ancient pyramids, but its most famous include the first step pyramid, built during the reign of the pharaoh Djoser (about 2630-2611 B.C.), and the first true pyramid — one that has smooth sides — built under the rule of pharaoh Snefru (about 2575-2551 B.C.), Mark Lehner wrote in his book, "The Complete Pyramids: Solving the Ancient Mysteries" (Thames & Hudson, 2008). The Great Pyramid was constructed at Giza during the reign of pharaoh Khufu (about 2551-2528 B.C.), and two of his successors, Khafre (about 2520-2494 B.C.) and Menkaure (about 2490-2472 B.C.), also had pyramids built at Giza.

Pharaohs gradually stopped building pyramids during the New Kingdom (1550-1070 B.C.), choosing instead to be buried in the Valley of the Kings, which is located about 300 miles (483 km) south of Giza, Lehner noted in his book. Over the past few decades, archaeologists have found new pieces of evidence that provide clues as to who the pyramid builders were and how they lived.

Surviving written records, including papyri discovered in 2013 at Wadi al-Jarf on Egypt's Red Sea coast, indicate that large groups of workers — sometimes translated as "gangs" — helped bring material to Giza. The papyri found at Wadi al-Jarf tell of a group of 200 men headed by an inspector named Merer. The group of workers transported limestone by boat along the Nile River a distance of about 11 miles (18 kilometers) from Tura to the Great Pyramid, where the stone was used to build the outer casing of the monument.

In the past, Egyptologists had theorized that the pyramid builders were largely made up of seasonal agricultural workers who had reached a point in the year in which there was little agricultural work to be done. However, it remains to be seen whether this is actually true. The papyri detailing the pyramid's histories are still in the process of being deciphered and analyzed, but the results indicate that the gang led by Merer did far more than help with pyramid construction.

continued
if man came from apes, where did apes come from?

What does that have to do with the pyramid builders?

To sum up surada's variety of "opinions" in every thread:

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick carefully,
repeat randomly.
I did a bit of dabbling on the net and discovered that ---EARLY in the history of
Egypt ---like Middle Kingdom-----even the big shots were buried in small "pyramids" made of mud-bricks which in more modern literature bear the name "mastaba". The use of very heavy whole
quarried stones -----was a later development and was not commonplace even for elites.
Clearly----they needed lots of mudbricks. Ask Yul Brenner
Well if there was no god that created man, and the bible wrong, why weren't there men and women building pyramids in the North American Continent.

2. Let's blame the Jews

Pick randomly,
repeat in every thread.

Well, if you are a Jew it would seem that you would want the history to be accurate.

Exodus is a myth.. according to Jewish scholars.

Doubting the Story of Exodus - Los Angeles Times
Apr 13, 2001 · A baby is found in a basket adrift in the Egyptian Nile and is adopted into the pharaoh’s household. He grows up as Moses, rediscovers his roots and …
Critical Racist Theory?

Forum List

Back