Who gives a shit about all these refugees…

I think people running from ISIS and other harm need to be given safety where possible. We can't lose our humanity and there are legitimate dangers to so many through no fault of their own. This issue is one of the reason all of the illegal immigrants from Mexico are so problematic. If the alt-left could reason properly, they would understand that due to America housing 11 million illegals, even if it wanted to, it is not in a position to accept those who legitimately need safety. As with bad debt and bad trade deals, future decisions can be impacted when you are handcuffed...something many simply do not understand or accept and now some will be complaining about Trumps position, without seeing that their support for ILLEGAL immigrants, has in fact selfishly created this situation.

Furthermore, what I am confused about is why Australia will not accept them near their shores, but want America to. This sounds like them passing the buck while telling the world how important it is to be accepting of refugees.

• I raise my kids.
  • I work.
  • I pay my taxes.
  • I cast my vote on election day.
That’s basically all I do.

I guess you build computers, generate electricity, cut your own hair, build houses, construct cars, perform self-surgery, design cell phones, pump water, pave roads, and been to the moon. Obviously you don’t build refugee camps, but still you are one outstanding human being, I am impressed.

You're the one that said it's the only decent thing to do. Until you're willing to personally do what you say WE as a country should do, your words are shit.

So what you are saying is that if I were to travel down to Syria, ship some family out of there, bring them home and feed them - if I did that - then I could claim that it was the only decent thing to do?
Just,go down to your .gov office in Stockholm and demand a family,of 4 or so be moved in with you at your cost....then get back to us....

Taxes I pay are used to construct temporary housing, food and supplies. Why should they live in my house?

Are you still in touch with that family from New Orleans you housed back in -05?
So others don't have to pay for your liberal decisions.....

And yes, I still talk to several of the families I supported in New Orleans, why?

You actually took some people in and had them living with you? I wouldn’t want that. Especially not Syrians I probably can’t communicate with.

My mom was coming from "the evil empire" so what do you think?

Floodgates? This country has 325 million people in it. A few thousand refugees aren't going to make a dent in the population count.

I'm all for securing America's borders against illegal immigration. It's one of the reasons I voted for president Trump. But keeping out those who are fleeing the death and destruction of an evil dictator isn't something I want America to be known for. America is the awesome country it is because we welcome those who need us the most.
Refugees have been weaponized....it's just a sad fact...

We are at war and we need to stay focused...

Refugees have been weaponized?? What an uncaring thing to say.
So have trucks. So let's ban trucks. So have planes. So let's ban planes. Far more Americans will be killed by other Americans in Chicago than by refugees. So let's just deport everyone in south Chicago.
Prevaricators like you leave out the FACT that trucks and airplanes, like guns, have to be controlled by a person.

Who controls the hundreds of murderers in Chicago?
I saw we deport the population of south Chicago and replace them with Syrian refugees. I'm willing to bet the murder rate would plummet.

My point is Syrian refugees are no more prone to violence than regular Americans.
That's kinda fascist, no?

My point is ISIS has not infiltrated Chicago gangs that we can see, as they have Syrian refugees....one is our problem, the other we have a choice to make our problem, and I say no.....
I care about them. My mom escape from the Soviet Union decades ago and she made her way to America, the land of opportunity. And here I am. I like to think I have a lot to offer this country I was raised in. I like to think America came out ahead by allowing my mother in.
America is seen the world over as a beacon of hope. It's one of America's best assets and I'd hate for us to change that.

Prove you care by personally taking many of them into your home. Saying you care means nothing unless you personally show it.

No problem. My mom use to work at the Lancaster County Refugee Coalition in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. My family and our Catholic church has helped many refugees over the years. Our home in Lancaster wasn't large enough to have a refugee family live with us so instead we contributed our money and our time into helping settle refugees.

You can visit the website of the Lancaster County Refugee Coalition to find out more about what they do. I have a few dozen pictures on my VK profile of me, my family and other church members standing with newly arrived refugees.

Now I'll confess I couldn't take in any refugees today because I live in a small apartment in Las Vegas. But I'm more than willing to help in other ways.

And people don't have to show they care in order to care. Not everyone has the resources or time to help.
So you worked out a way to pay for these refugees for their entire lives here in America?

Most pay for themselves eventually. My mom did. Most of those who my church initially supported eventually made their own living. I would bet there's far more natural born Americans living on welfare than there are refugees doing so.
Note I'm talking about legal refugees. Not the millions of illegal immigrants crossing in the south. Refugees and illegal immigrants are two entirely different subjects.
Wait...you don't cover their costs if they can't cover them themselves? Don't I have a say if you are going to take my money to cover their costs?

In Lancaster the cost was entirely covered by our church and by donations.
I don't know who's paying for the new Syrian refugees but I suspect much of the cost is covered by private organisations and churches.

If there is tax money involved then of course you get a say. I assume you vote, right. And that's how you get a say.

Refugees have been weaponized....it's just a sad fact...

We are at war and we need to stay focused...

So have trucks. So let's ban trucks. So have planes. So let's ban planes. Far more Americans will be killed by other Americans in Chicago than by refugees. So let's just deport everyone in south Chicago.
Prevaricators like you leave out the FACT that trucks and airplanes, like guns, have to be controlled by a person.

I saw we deport the population of south Chicago and replace them with Syrian refugees. I'm willing to bet the murder rate would plummet.

My point is Syrian refugees are no more prone to violence than regular Americans.

My point is ISIS has not infiltrated Chicago gangs that we can see, as they have Syrian refugees....one is our problem, the other we have a choice to make our problem, and I say no.....
Prove you care by personally taking many of them into your home. Saying you care means nothing unless you personally show it.

No problem. My mom use to work at the Lancaster County Refugee Coalition in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. My family and our Catholic church has helped many refugees over the years. Our home in Lancaster wasn't large enough to have a refugee family live with us so instead we contributed our money and our time into helping settle refugees.

You can visit the website of the Lancaster County Refugee Coalition to find out more about what they do. I have a few dozen pictures on my VK profile of me, my family and other church members standing with newly arrived refugees.

Now I'll confess I couldn't take in any refugees today because I live in a small apartment in Las Vegas. But I'm more than willing to help in other ways.

And people don't have to show they care in order to care. Not everyone has the resources or time to help.
So you worked out a way to pay for these refugees for their entire lives here in America?

Most pay for themselves eventually. My mom did. Most of those who my church initially supported eventually made their own living. I would bet there's far more natural born Americans living on welfare than there are refugees doing so.
Note I'm talking about legal refugees. Not the millions of illegal immigrants crossing in the south. Refugees and illegal immigrants are two entirely different subjects.
Wait...you don't cover their costs if they can't cover them themselves? Don't I have a say if you are going to take my money to cover their costs?

I don't know who's paying for the new Syrian refugees but I suspect much of the cost is covered by private organisations and churches.

If there is tax money involved then of course you get a say. I assume you vote, right. And that's how you get a say.
You previously stated that you didn't pay for all their costs during their time here....if not you, then who does pay?

I too voted Trump, and I say no....

Where your cowardly manifest fails is that Americans don't run from their homes like you cowards will, we stay and fight.

Small children don't make good soldiers. They can't see over the bunkers.

You're the one that said it's the only decent thing to do. Until you're willing to personally do what you say WE as a country should do, your words are shit.

So what you are saying is that if I were to travel down to Syria, ship some family out of there, bring them home and feed them - if I did that - then I could claim that it was the only decent thing to do?
Just,go down to your .gov office in Stockholm and demand a family,of 4 or so be moved in with you at your cost....then get back to us....

Taxes I pay are used to construct temporary housing, food and supplies. Why should they live in my house?

Are you still in touch with that family from New Orleans you housed back in -05?

And yes, I still talk to several of the families I supported in New Orleans, why?

You actually took some people in and had them living with you? I wouldn’t want that. Especially not Syrians I probably can’t communicate with.
I lived with them while I helped them rebuild....how about You?

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."

Trying to force your religious beliefs on others now?
Isn't it funny how liberals get religion when they can use it as an argument but make fun of it the rest of the time?

Pointing out your side's rank hypocrisy doesn't make me a hypocrite.

So, Trump-thugs, we get it. You despise the teachings of Jesus. That makes you Satan's minions. By your standards, not mine. That's the point, that you don't live up to your own standards, and that you can't be trusted on any topic, period.

"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."

Trying to force your religious beliefs on others now?
Isn't it funny how liberals get religion when they can use it as an argument but make fun of it the rest of the time?

Pointing out your side's rank hypocrisy doesn't make me a hypocrite.

So, Trump-thugs, we get it. You despise the teachings of Jesus. That makes you Satan's minions. By your standards, not mine. That's the point, that you don't live up to your own standards, and that you can't be trusted on any topic, period.

Jesus taught us to reject lies, which is why we reject the progressive agenda.

You previously stated that you didn't pay for all their costs during their time here....if not you, then who does pay?

I said our church and private donations paid until they could support themselves. I can only speak of those I dealt with in Lancaster. I don't know about other refugees. If tax dollars are used I suspect it'd be much less than what we send to other countries like Israel, Egypt, the Palestinians and so on. The cost of settling refugees is pretty small in relation to other items America spends tax dollars on.

It’s not a liberal decision. It’s the only decent thing to do. And the majority of the people right now have decided that they want to live in a decent society.

That does not mean I support open borders or unrestricted immigration, it means that I think we should do what we can to help. Be it here, with shelters, or elsewhere our effort can make a difference.
You mean help, with other people's money.....that IS a liberal ideal.....

I disagree. But I suspect we have very different views, perhaps a topic for another discussion. Basically I think we fund some things together, a police force, military (some common ground?) and I don’t think of it as being very liberal. Helping people in need isn’t any more liberal than putting out fires.

I said our church and private donations paid until they could support themselves. I can only speak of those I dealt with in Lancaster. I don't know about other refugees. If tax dollars are used I suspect it'd be much less than what we send to other countries like Israel, Egypt, the Palestinians and so on. The cost of settling refugees is pretty small in relation to other items America spends tax dollars on.
And if and when they can't pay for themselves, you pay? No, you don't....you want me to pay for your actions.....

Your attempt to justify the cost of your actions is of no interest to me....if you won't support them 100%, then I don't want them here....

It’s not a liberal decision. It’s the only decent thing to do. And the majority of the people right now have decided that they want to live in a decent society.

That does not mean I support open borders or unrestricted immigration, it means that I think we should do what we can to help. Be it here, with shelters, or elsewhere our effort can make a difference.

I disagree. But I suspect we have very different views, perhaps a topic for another discussion. Basically I think we fund some things together, a police force, military (some common ground?) and I don’t think of it as being very liberal. Helping people in need isn’t any more liberal than putting out fires.
I help people in need through voluntary charitable contributions....you seem to help people in need by forced taxation....

See the liberal now?

I lived with them while I helped them rebuild....how about You?

Nothing of a kind.
I’m a lousy builder, also I don’t know if my employer would like me to spend that much time off work. But I have a friend who is a construction worker. Their company is putting up barracks as we speak. Partly funded by me – and with much greater efficiency than I ever could have achieved.

And if and when they can't pay for themselves, you pay? No, you don't....you want me to pay for your actions.....

Your attempt to justify the cost of your actions is of no interest to me....if you won't support them 100%, then I don't want them here....

I am not justifying anything. I'm giving my opinion. If you don't want them here that's fine. I'm not going to try and talk you into it.

I like the America that holds out a helping hand to those who are suffering. You don't. To each his own.

I help people in need through voluntary charitable contributions....you seem to help people in need by forced taxation....

See the liberal now?
No, not really. I don’t think taxes were introduced by very liberal people. And I don’t think helping people in need is a liberal idea.

A multicultural society and immigration reforms, well, that sounds more like liberal ideas to me.

I am not justifying anything. I'm giving my opinion. If you don't want them here that's fine. I'm not going to try and talk you into it.

I like the America that holds out a helping hand to those who are suffering. You don't. To each his own.
No....you have something I do not....an organization that has power I don't have, one that makes decisions I have to pay for.....

I always lend a helping had to those in need....I detest you forcing my hand to help those you choose....

See the liberal now?
No, not really. I don’t think taxes were introduced by very liberal people. And I don’t think helping people in need is a liberal idea.

A multicultural society and immigration reforms, well, that sounds more like liberal ideas to me.
Helping people in need is a conservative ideal...forcing others to help people in need is a liberal ideal....

See the liberal now?

Helping people in need is a conservative ideal...forcing others to help people in need is a liberal ideal....
I don't think we are going to agree on the subject and I don’t think we are going to agree on what is actually liberal either. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the discussion and found it interesting. Tanks.

The media wants to give more rights to these fucking refugees than to American citizens. No one knows who these fuckers are…

If you stupid fuckers would quit bombing them over there, they'll quit showing up on our doorstep here. Got it?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with this. I even compared Obama to tricky dick. And deservedly so. But the waste of human skin currently occupying the whitehouse is not only dangerous to life & limb on a global scale, he's a clear and present danger to all the rest of us here at home. Nobody is safe with that jackass in the whitehouse calling all the shots.

His raid in Yemen where our troops were slaughtering civilians left & right, including children is proof enough of that

The media wants to give more rights to these fucking refugees than to American citizens. No one knows who these fuckers are…

If you stupid fuckers would quit bombing them over there, they'll quit showing up on our doorstep here. Got it?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with this. I even compared Obama to tricky dick. And deservedly so. But the waste of human skin currently occupying the whitehouse is not only dangerous to life & limb on a global scale, he's a clear and present danger to all the rest of us here at home. Nobody is safe with that jackass in the whitehouse calling all the shots.

His raid in Yemen where our troops were slaughtering civilians left & right, including children is proof enough of that
Cry me a river, there are 1200+ refugees that we want nothing to do with in Australia. We have absolutely no obligation to them. We should not expect the president to be babysitter…

Last edited:

Forum List

Back